Sponsored

Added a sub woofer/amp to my stock system.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Added a JL Audio 10tw3-d8, and an old school JL Audio 500/1 V2 with the Audio Control LC2i to my stock system. Sounds pretty damn good for a shallow mount sub. Seems like I'm getting some interference with the exhaust sound coming through the stock speakers. What mic do I need to disable/unplug inside the car? Or is there any difference in doing so? Any help or suggestions is much appreciated.
Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Added a JL Audio 10tw3-d8, and an old school JL Audio 500/1 V2 with the Audio Control LC2i to my stock system. Sounds pretty damn good for a shallow mount sub. Seems like I'm getting some interference with the exhaust sound coming through the stock speakers. What mic do I need to disable/unplug inside the car? Or is there any difference in doing so? Any help or suggestions is much appreciated.
JL makes some of the best subs on the market. I used to have the big brother TW5 in my F-150 and it sounded better than peoples full size subs from other brands. I to plan on adding their stealth box made custom for the 350 in the future which includes the same sub you purchased. What do you mean with exhaust sound coming through the speakers though? Fake exhaust sound?

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I plan on doing a similar install soon. Bulldog has a good suggestion - you should probably eliminate the "fake exhaust" sound via FORScan. I did this on my car, and now run the "loud" exhaust all the time without the annoying interior amplification.

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
waitaminute...we don't have fake exhaust sounds through our speaker....right?!?!?

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
waitaminute...we don't have fake exhaust sounds through our speaker....right?!?!?
Sadly - your awesome exhaust sound is "enhanced."

Search, "GT350 ESE" or engine sound enhancement. You can disable via FORScan. I disabled mine, and would never reactivate.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I plan on doing a similar install soon. Bulldog has a good suggestion - you should probably eliminate the "fake exhaust" sound via FORScan. I did this on my car, and now run the "loud" exhaust all the time without the annoying interior amplification.
I thought there was a interior mic that could be disconnected?.....

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Sadly - your awesome exhaust sound is "enhanced."

Search, "GT350 ESE" or engine sound enhancement. You can disable via FORScan. I disabled mine, and would never reactivate.
Nooooooooo!!! I honestly had no clue. Well...that’s a bummer..Atleast it still sounds awesome on the outside, I guess.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
The distortion was a problem for improved sound systems from the start in 2015. It took us a until early 2017 to confirm and find a solution. GT's have a mic system, The GT350's don't. You need to disable the enhanced engine sound through a Forscan adjustment. There is plenty of info on it in the Forscan area.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Eco has the mic not the gt or the Shelby. I have no problem with my sound system.

Where are you getting the signal for you lc2i?

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
If you don't have FORScan, or want an assist, drive down to Jacksonville and I'll help out. :)

(Good self-reminder, I haven't tried to reconnect FORScan since I added the Lund tune...)

Sponsored

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
Can you disable it with the Forscan lite app using a ELM bluetooth dongle?

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Can you disable it with the Forscan lite app using a ELM bluetooth dongle?
I used ScanTool OBDLink MX Bluetooth and FORScan on my laptop. I followed the instructions on the FORScan thread. I read the entire thread a few times, and also read about FORScan at the dedicated forum. Last thing I did was watch a few YouTube videos on making changes, although these weren't as helpful.

It took a few hours in my car with a laptop to figure it out. The hardest part was the first connection, then it went smoother after that. Some things aren't completely self-explanatory, but the information is in the thread here.

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I used ScanTool OBDLink MX Bluetooth and FORScan on my laptop. I followed the instructions on the FORScan thread. I read the entire thread a few times, and also read about FORScan at the dedicated forum. Last thing I did was watch a few YouTube videos on making changes, although these weren't as helpful.

It took a few hours in my car with a laptop to figure it out. The hardest part was the first connection, then it went smoother after that. Some things aren't completely self-explanatory, but the information is in the thread here.
The car is loud enough inside as it is, I just want to eliminate the artificial NVH into the cabin. My soon to be installed Kooks will make up for the eliminated artificial sounds. So I'll need to use the laptop version to get to some of the programming settings to eliminate it.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The car is loud enough inside as it is, I just want to eliminate the artificial NVH into the cabin. My soon to be installed Kooks will make up for the eliminated artificial sounds. So I'll need to use the laptop version to get to some of the programming settings to eliminate it.
Trust me is you put on some kooks headers you won't be able to hear anything in like a quarter mile radius:cwl:

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Trust me is you put on some kooks headers you won't be able to hear anything in like a quarter mile radius:cwl:
My ears are used to long tubes. So I guess, you can say I'm kind of deaf.

I'm looking forward to annoying everyone else around me.
Sponsored