Sponsored

Add me to the list nobody wants to be on .....

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
By the part number on the engine crate. Also it helps when the Ford rep calls you and tells you that is what it is.

Resolve by whom ? The same people who said no way Ford would fix my vehicle ?
No, it was a thread a while back. I was happy for you.... whatever
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
No, it was a thread a while back. I was happy for you.... whatever
I am not pointing anyone out, I never read the thread. I am just stating this because of the flack I received reporting what happened to me.
I did get a PM discussing this and it was mentioned that I would receive that motor and the R did not stand for replacement. Though I thought it odd, I guess that thread and discussion is what led to the PM.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I am not pointing anyone out, I never read the thread. I am just stating this because of the flack I received reporting what happened to me.
I did get a PM discussing this and it was mentioned that I would receive that motor and the R did not stand for replacement. Though I thought it odd, I guess that thread and discussion is what led to the PM.
I'm happy for you. Leave it at that.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
Hey Tom,

When you look at the designation sticker there are 3 digits. Either 555 or 557.

555 = GT350R
557 - GT350

My original motor label read Romeo Engine Plant 5.2L HA 557 AA

My new motor (Replacement) reads REP 5.2L GT350R KA 555 AA

The REP is short for Romeo Engine Plant.

So far from what I have seen on two other local replacements and posted here or on FB, all replacement motors are the 555 K Code motors.

The tech who did the work on the replacement confirmed with the Ford rep that this information is accurate.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt350-r-engine-build-date-codes.117482/

original.jpg
replacement.jpg

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Same for me. I checked my sticker and have the replacement R motor too. So this makes things interesting....who knows, in 30 years having a factory R motor in a non-R car....might make it a bit unique value wise....but I will drooling and wearing support socks by then and my car will likely be on the 3 or 4th owner by then too, so it wont matter to me. I am making sure I keep all of the documentation.

Sponsored

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious what difference does it make if your blown motors get replaced with R motors or non R motors?
Last time I check they are the exact spec'd motors.

Also hate to be the bearer of bad news. When you pick up your cars with newly replaced "R" motors in place there is no added low end torque. Same torque rating. Placebo effect!

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Well we know the cam phasers are different. Who really knows what else? Ford is not saying. Its quite possible to have some other changes to make it more durable, with no additional HP or torque. But lets NOT stir this topic again. All I was saying is that the value x amount of years from now may be different, thats all.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Hey Tom,

When you look at the designation sticker there are 3 digits. Either 555 or 557.

555 = GT350R
557 - GT350

My original motor label read Romeo Engine Plant 5.2L HA 557 AA

My new motor (Replacement) reads REP 5.2L GT350R KA 555 AA

The REP is short for Romeo Engine Plant.

So far from what I have seen on two other local replacements and posted here or on FB, all replacement motors are the 555 K Code motors.

The tech who did the work on the replacement confirmed with the Ford rep that this information is accurate.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt350-r-engine-build-date-codes.117482/

original.jpg
replacement.jpg
Yes, that was the thread I was thinking of. I am reviewing it now.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
So since I now have an "R" motor.....does this mean I can list it as an R. :captain::cwl::cwl::bandit:

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Well we know the cam phasers are different. Who really knows what else? Ford is not saying. Its quite possible to have some other changes to make it more durable, with no additional HP or torque. But lets NOT stir this topic again. All I was saying is that the value x amount of years from now may be different, thats all.
Not stirring any pot. Just being logical. Not trying to hurt anyone's pipe dreams.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
So since I now have an "R" motor.....does this mean I can list it as an R. :captain::cwl::cwl::bandit:
No, but I guess you are one step closer to those red badges you like. Now how do you fix the VIN? LOL

OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Well as it been said, the "Vin makes it a R." R, non R I just really want the car to work for the rest of her time. I do feel the 19's have something different.....it also seems Ford is looking closely at all of these issues. As I said my motor was boxed and shipped before I could even get down there to see it, and were not talking a week, were talking a day n a half. Ford also want s to keep it hush hush as to what is happening. So does the 19 version have the bugs out ? I guess we will see. I truly hope so. I do not want to have round 2.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
Well as it been said, the "Vin makes it a R." R, non R I just really want the car to work for the rest of her time. I do feel the 19's have something different.....it also seems Ford is looking closely at all of these issues. As I said my motor was boxed and shipped before I could even get down there to see it, and were not talking a week, were talking a day n a half. Ford also want s to keep it hush hush as to what is happening. So does the 19 version have the bugs out ? I guess we will see. I truly hope so. I do not want to have round 2.
Mine was at the dealer in a day. Honestly I don't care what the sticker says. Like you I just want to enjoy the car and not worry about silly things every time I drive it. From what I've been told by multiple sources from Ford is tha tthe 19 motors we got are revised and have added HP. But they are not in the catalog yet. So hearsay for now. But remember when the 500 was announce it had 7XX HP and now that's it out, 800+. So....time will tell.

Dead horse.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
No, but I guess you are one step closer to those red badges you like. Now how do you fix the VIN? LOL
Well if get the R splitter and R spoiler along with the CF wheels you have for sale......welll.....I have a sub 55K R. LOL

As for the VIN....I have a dremel. :) :)

When are we going to burn up some country roads?

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
Mine was at the dealer in a day. Honestly I don't care what the sticker says. Like you I just want to enjoy the car and not worry about silly things every time I drive it. From what I've been told by multiple sources from Ford is tha tthe 19 motors we got are revised and have added HP. But they are not in the catalog yet. So hearsay for now. But remember when the 500 was announce it had 7XX HP and now that's it out, 800+. So....time will tell.

Dead horse.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.
Makes you wonder how many people with pre-19's will attempt to grenade their motors to get those sweet, sweet, 2019 R versions put in.
Sponsored