Sponsored

Add Focus RS as a daily? Where’s their forum?

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Hey all, been looking at the Focus RS... took a 2016 for a drive and we think it will work for our needs (30k commuting miles a year though all seasons with ability to haul twin 4 year olds).
So, any RS owners here? What’s the best forum?

comments thought and options on the RS would also be welcome. I am aware of head gasket issue... my preference (as of now) is for a red 2018 but grey, black. White 2017 could work too if the right/totally stock/under 30k mi car.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
anacar312

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Focusrs.org

...I just made the jump from a focus ST, and no way would I try and daily that car with twin 4 year olds 😂
Kids are primarily in the family truckster (Grand Cherokee) but for my daily I need ability to cart them around when necessary.
thanks for the info!

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
RS is an amazing car. I’m a former ST owner as well and the ST was a great DD. The RS just benefits from the additional power, suspension and brakes. They’re phenomenal cars.

I wouldn’t hesitate on a 16 as long as the head gasket was fixed. I believe the 18’s have a mechanical front diff versus the “electronic” aka brake diff. Not a total deal breaker and the 18’s are still going for $40k.

OP
OP
anacar312

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
RS is an amazing car. I’m a former ST owner as well and the ST was a great DD. The RS just benefits from the additional power, suspension and brakes. They’re phenomenal cars.

I wouldn’t hesitate on a 16 as long as the head gasket was fixed. I believe the 18’s have a mechanical front diff versus the “electronic” aka brake diff. Not a total deal breaker and the 18’s are still going for $40k.
Thanks for the heads up! 18's are all blue or red, yes? Wife gave the blue a thumbs down so that's a non-starter.... has to be anything but blue.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for the heads up! 18's are all blue or red, yes? Wife gave the blue a thumbs down so that's a non-starter.... has to be anything but blue.
No problem. I’m not sure about only blue and red. I’ve seen to only see red.
Sponsored