Sponsored

Adaptive cruise control radar substitution?

terion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Volodymyr
Vehicle(s)
GT PP MT 2016 (restyled)
Mustang's adaptive cruise control radar is FR3Z-9E731-C.
It's not very cheap new and owned they are rare.
But there are plenty of radars from other fords and lincolns (F250's HC3T-9G768-AD, lincoln's EJ7T-9G768, etc), that look exactly the same.
Does anybody know can they be used in a mustang and if yes what are calibration and other thinks tips?
Sponsored

101a

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost 101a
I really want to know too. I think it would have to be from a model without stop and go. The height of the truck models makes me wonder if there would be issues with a much lower vehicle.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
from my experience as long as the middle 5 digits are the same you shouldnt have any issues, i've used Ford F350 truck blind spot sensors in my pony and they work fine as they have the same middle set of 14C689. the first set of digits refer to the vehicle model pony's are FR3Z. hope this helps

to add the electrical connector itself might be slightly different but wiring should also be the same

KKJMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Has anybody used an ACC radar from another vehicle? Also, I'm interested in the stop and go feature. Is there a way to mod an S550 (hardware and/or FORSCAN) to make the ACC do a full stop?

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Does anyone have an answer for this?
From my understanding, stop & go uses more sensors then just the radar, and I assume it must be too difficult/expensive to retrofit it into a car that wasn't designed for it. For example, you can't get it on a $45k Ranger or a $60k Mustang, but you can get stop & go on a $30k Maverick since its a new design.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
From my understanding, stop & go uses more sensors then just the radar, and I assume it must be too difficult/expensive to retrofit it into a car that wasn't designed for it. For example, you can't get it on a $45k Ranger or a $60k Mustang, but you can get stop & go on a $30k Maverick since its a new design.
I was just wondering if Ford's sensors can be interchanged or if it has to been the exact one.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I was just wondering if Ford's sensors can be interchanged or if it has to been the exact one.
Ah, mybad. I thought your question was in reference to the post right before yours.
Sponsored