Sponsored

Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Mitigation System

RafaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, PP, Ruby Red
Hi everyone,

My car is equipped with this and I was wondering where the sensor or sensors are located for the system. I already turned the sensitivity to low and was wondering where the sensor is so that i can tape over it or something on my upcoming track day. I know that all it does is prime the brakes and flash on the "HUD".

Thanks!
Sponsored

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
The sensor is located in the lower grill. It is not laser based it is radar based. From the owners manual page 167.

Blocked Sensors
E145632 If a message regarding a blocked sensor appears in the information display, the radar signals from the sensor have been obstructed. The sensors are located behind a fascia cover near the driver side of the lower grille. When the sensors are obstructed, a vehicle ahead cannot be detected and the collision warning system does not function. The following table lists possible causes and actions for this message being displayed.

Looks Like it may not work if racing.

Due to the nature of radar technology, there may be certain instances where vehicles do not provide a collision warning. These include: • Stationary vehicles or vehicles moving below 6 mph (10 km/h). • Pedestrians or objects in the roadway. • Oncoming vehicles in the same lane. • Severe weather conditions (see blocked sensor section). • Debris build-up on the grille near the headlamps (see blocked sensor section).
• Small distance to vehicle ahead. • Steering wheel and pedal movements are large (very active driving style).

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'd first try a couple thicknesses of aluminum foil and painters' tape. Cheap enough to do, easy enough to undo, and everybody at the track should be able to understand why you've done it. A more aesthetically pleasing approach might be if you can find a connector in the sensor wires . . .

Norm

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
If you have a premium car, Track mode disables the Collision warning.

OP
OP

RafaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, PP, Ruby Red
Thanks for the advice guys. This place never fails to dissapoint with an answer!
Sponsored