Adam’s Graphene ceramic coating

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Anybody tried it yet? I just got done doing a paint correction and applied it, I’ll wash it and apply ceramic boost on Sunday. So far, it went on easier than their old ceramic formula, the UV tracer seemed more of a gimmick than helpful since it was too bright in my garage to even be able to see the uv light react with anything but the white microfiber in my hand.

here’s an in process after a one step correction which worked well for my car with just under 1000 miles, as well as some photos taken this evening after getting the coating on.

561EDF41-6D6B-4FB5-B453-ED2B05CC3248.jpeg

88FF990B-0DFB-4E44-94DC-186373ACEC6B.jpeg

ADBD225F-35D4-4266-9EFD-1DBD9A630B37.jpeg
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Anybody tried it yet? I just got done doing a paint correction and applied it, I’ll wash it and apply ceramic boost on Sunday. So far, it went on easier than their old ceramic formula, the UV tracer seemed more of a gimmick than helpful since it was too bright in my garage to even be able to see the uv light react with anything but the white microfiber in my hand.

here’s an in process after a one step correction which worked well for my car with just under 1000 miles, as well as some photos taken this evening after getting the coating on.

561EDF41-6D6B-4FB5-B453-ED2B05CC3248.jpeg

88FF990B-0DFB-4E44-94DC-186373ACEC6B.jpeg

ADBD225F-35D4-4266-9EFD-1DBD9A630B37.jpeg
Great work. I love how metallic reds really reward effort.

I assume this is a spray, wipe, buff type of product?

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Here is a vid with another graphene coating and his thoughts.

16COEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I coated my car with GT CSL and Exo earlier this year when i bought it. Now seeing more and more about the graphene coatings. Another shop called Apex detail has applied a few different ones and has some pretty good testing and reviews on his youtube channel. I may remove the CSL and exo from half my hood and try one of the graphene coatings on half just to get a comparison.

Sometimes I really wish I would have went with red over the Velocity Blue. Your car looks excellent!

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I coated my car with GT CSL and Exo earlier this year when i bought it. Now seeing more and more about the graphene coatings. Another shop called Apex detail has applied a few different ones and has some pretty good testing and reviews on his youtube channel. I may remove the CSL and exo from half my hood and try one of the graphene coatings on half just to get a comparison.
Some interesting listening about Graphene coatings on the Obsessed Garage Podcast from 31/7/2020 (GT500 comes to OG), from about the 50min mark.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/pages/dialed-in-podcast

Considering CSL & Exo are recognized as one of the better coatings available, I wouldn't be in a hurry to remove.

Sponsored

16COEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah, I've used CSL/Exo on this car and my C6 and its been great, its a real pain in the ass to remove as well. My wife is due for a new car though...

OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Great work. I love how metallic reds really reward effort.

I assume this is a spray, wipe, buff type of product?
The product I used is not a spray on wipe off product, though they do have that version as well with a reduced life span, 1 year vs 7-10 years.

Here is a vid with another graphene coating and his thoughts.

I friend of mine is a Glassparency dealer, I usually do their windshield coatings on my vehicles, which works amazing, I just have a hard time being a "test subject" for a company that hasn't made a product for paint before. Will there be issues with it? No probably not, but I went with a company I trust for peace of mind.

Sometimes I really wish I would have went with red over the Velocity Blue. Your car looks excellent!
Thank you! my car being Rapid Red is new for 2020, It would appear that someone at Ford either goofed up or are color blind. My satellite antenna cover is Ruby Red instead of Rapid. Oops.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The product I used is not a spray on wipe off product, though they do have that version as well with a reduced life span, 1 year vs 7-10 years.
First off your car looks amazing. I still miss my RR 15'EB. That said forget this 7-10 year crap and the 10H hardness. That's all advertising. Regardless, the price seems reasonable for what it is and it does look great.

My satellite antenna cover is Ruby Red instead of Rapid. Oops.
Well you have the shark fin which was just introduced earlier this year. Since Ruby Red isn't a 2020 color it would seem unlikely that this error could have happened. If it is really off have the dealer change it. It's not that hard.

OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
First off your car looks amazing. I still miss my RR 15'EB. That said forget this 7-10 year crap and the 10H hardness. That's all advertising. Regardless, the price seems reasonable for what it is and it does look great.

Well you have the shark fin which was just introduced earlier this year. Since Ruby Red isn't a 2020 color it would seem unlikely that this error could have happened. If it is really off have the dealer change it. It's not that hard.
A18424DF-867D-4902-951A-28B796275F0B.jpeg

I did not realize that the shark fin was new, but here’s a photo that looks to me like ruby red.

as for the longevity of the coating, that remains to be seen, I had the original ceramic on my wife’s car for the last 3 years and with normal washes and booster it appears to to be good still, but yea their year estimate is based off lab testing and not real world so it definitely won’t be the advertised 7-10 year

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I did not realize that the shark fin was new, but here’s a photo that looks to me like ruby red.
Based on your pic I would tend to agree. The shark fin was an inline mid year change. Most on here hate that fin to start with. Having one in the wrong color would drive me nuts.

Sponsored
OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Based on your pic I would tend to agree. The shark fin was an inline mid year change. Most on here hate that fin to start with. Having one in the wrong color would drive me nuts.
do you know what is involved with changing it? I’m sure dropping the headliner at minimum, but if it comes to pulling glass to get the headliner out of the car I’ll just deal with it. I’m thinking about wrapping the roof black, if I do the fin will get wrapped as well.

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
At this point graphene has not been developed to bond to a cars paint system yet. You will not get the gloss or the protection as you do with a proven ceramic coat that bonds to a vehicle. This truly is snake oil at the stage it is in right now.

check out Chicago auto pros graphene vs ceramic on YouTube, great comparison with scientific proof

Last edited:
OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
At this point graphene has not been developed to bond to a cars paint system yet. You will not get the gloss or the protection as you do with a proven ceramic coat that bonds to a vehicle. This truly is snake oil at the stage it is in right now.

check out Chicago auto pros graphene vs ceramic on YouTube, great comparison with scientific proof
Graphene as a stand alone will not bond, you are correct. I’ve spoken to Adam’s after seeing some of the concerns as of late. The gist of what they told me was that they use the Graphene in their already proven ceramic coating. It’s used solely for its reduction in water spotting properties. As for the coating on my car, it seems to be working well, I wash the car and literally dry it with water. Remove the nozzle and let the open ended hose run over the car and the water sheets and falls off.

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
2018 MGT P, 10R80, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust
Vehicle Showcase
i've had adam's ceramic coating applied 2 years ago with occasional ceramic detailer touch up. just about 2 weeks ago i tried adam's clay bar, graphene ceramic spray coating and graphene detail spray, worked great!

fullsizeoutput_175a.jpeg

Last edited:

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Graphene as a stand alone will not bond, you are correct. I’ve spoken to Adam’s after seeing some of the concerns as of late. The gist of what they told me was that they use the Graphene in their already proven ceramic coating. It’s used solely for its reduction in water spotting properties. As for the coating on my car, it seems to be working well, I wash the car and literally dry it with water. Remove the nozzle and let the open ended hose run over the car and the water sheets and falls off.
If it works for you and you are satisfied, than that is all that matters.
Sponsored