Actual warranty denials due to tuning.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
The invoice I got from the dealer was about $30k in total. So yea, no tunes for me during the warranty period.
It blows me away how we think 30K for a complete high performance engine is “really expensive”.
A close friend is the shop foreman at a Mercedes Dealership. He’s told me some MB engines they’ve replaced were 100K! Can you imagine???
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
It blows me away how we think 30K for a complete high performance engine is “really expensive”.
A close friend is the shop foreman at a Mercedes Dealership. He’s told me some MB engines they’ve replaced were 100K! Can you imagine???
It's all relative. I bought my car for $50k before taxes/shipping. So when the engine replacement costs more than half of original MSRP, it's pretty hefty.

Saw a video of a youtuber who bought his C63 AMG for about $85k~. Had it for about a month when he drove through a huge rainstorm. The oncoming car splashed a ton of water onto his front end to where the intake sucked in all that water and hydrolocked his engine. MB said it needed a new AMG engine from Germany for $80k. He was in total shock at the cost, as anyone would be and insurance totaled out his car.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Almost 1/2 the MSRP so yes it is expensive. For comparison the Chevy pushrod LT1 from the C7 vette and Camaro is 9k from oil pan to manifold

ddivinia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darin
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350R
I am new to the GT350. I bought a 2020 GT350R and plan on adding Ford Performance Oil Air separators. Will those void my warranty? I heard that GM has denied warranty claims on Camaro for having a catch can. The Ford Performance ones look well done.

Pparana

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
I am new to the GT350. I bought a 2020 GT350R and plan on adding Ford Performance Oil Air separators. Will those void my warranty? I heard that GM has denied warranty claims on Camaro for having a catch can. The Ford Performance ones look well done.
not if it is a ford performance part

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Not sure if it helps, but Ford's TSB for techs to find evidence of modifications straight up says that catch cans are "extremely unlikely" to be the root cause of any observed failure. So I highly, highly doubt they would hassle you if that's the only mod you have. With that said, it's still a modification, so who knows.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I spoke to Ford regarding rear gear changes. No warranty issues. No way catch cans would void them. But a dealer can make it hard on anyone. Had a friend get denied because he tracked it. Dealer marked the car in the system, It took Ford Corporate to get it fixed which, took a while

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
not if it is a ford performance part
Not so fast! A Ford Performance Part must be installed by a ASE certified tech. in order for a Ford Performance Part warranty to be valid.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Not quite and this has been answered 1000 times here. Ford Performance own warranty takes over that is 3 years long - from the date the car has been purchased (not the date kit was installed). Whether Ford (not Ford Performance) would warranty engine with this kit is unknown but they would have grounds to not do so - it's unlikely there will be a need since this most definitely is a safe tune.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not quite and this has been answered 1000 times here. Ford Performance own warranty takes over that is 3 years long - from the date the car has been purchased (not the date kit was installed). Whether Ford (not Ford Performance) would warranty engine with this kit is unknown but they would have grounds to not do so - it's unlikely there will be a need since this most definitely is a safe tune.
yeah Roush and Ford Performance are the same deal. In the Ford usually doesn't bat an eye and neither does Roush but once that "new" (new as in it replaced your original) warranty is over it's over. Doesn't transfer to a new owner like the original either.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Not so fast! A Ford Performance Part must be installed by a ASE certified tech. in order for a Ford Performance Part warranty to be valid.
That would be for the part warranty, not the car warranty

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at this post https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/actual-warranty-denials-due-to-tuning.130679/post-2699567 from Cobra Jet

1612820611038.png
Bullet point 1 oversize tires......Changing my tire size to say 305s could kill my drive train warranty???
None of that says "void your warranty". they just won't cover your parts or the damage your parts do. So you put tractor tires on and decide to pull a stump they won't cover the drivetrain when it's ripped off the car. They'll still cover your cooled seats though.
Sponsored