Sponsored

Actual warranty denials due to tuning.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Man, I’ll say this about tunes...everyone’s gotta do their own risk assessment, but we just put a Lund tune in my S197 car. Bone stock, but excellent condition engine except for Steeda 101mm CAI. Car ran great. But I have been utterly amazed and in complete awe over how the car runs with the tune. Aside from any power/performance gain, the drive ability, smoothness, idle quality, every. single. aspect of how smooth and good that engine runs is improved. It’s amazing. And I thought it was running great before.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
never did I imagine that we would be discussing GAAP and financial statements on this thread 😁 (said by a CFO)
The only thing harder to imagine is we are now 46 posts in and no one on here has confirmed this has happened to them. :facepalm:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The only thing harder to imagine is we are now 46 posts in and no one on here has confirmed this has happened to them. :facepalm:
I guess it must not be very common - or people don't want to admit having made a $20K ++ mistake. I know I would feel pretty crappy if I had done that.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Because it’s all fake news ;-)
BTW I totally get your point. Next witness, next witness, for the love of all things Shelby, can we get an actual witness your honor? This is like watching the nightly news.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Because it’s all fake news ;-)
BTW I totally get your point. Next witness, next witness, for the love of all things Shelby, can we get an actual witness your honor? This is like watching the nightly news.
I think it's probably rare that someone gets a tune and the tune causes an engine problem. It's probably less than the failure rate of other tuned engines, because a GT350 owner would most likely not go to the cheapest possible tuner. And I don't think the Voodoo is excessively fragile.

dennis123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401a PP1
Man, I’ll say this about tunes...everyone’s gotta do their own risk assessment, but we just put a Lund tune in my S197 car. Bone stock, but excellent condition engine except for Steeda 101mm CAI. Car ran great. But I have been utterly amazed and in complete awe over how the car runs with the tune. Aside from any power/performance gain, the drive ability, smoothness, idle quality, every. single. aspect of how smooth and good that engine runs is improved. It’s amazing. And I thought it was running great before.
That is good to hear..I have a 19 GT that is Certified Pre-owned and I planned on Lund Tuning when it gets warmer. Does it feel like a whole new car after the tune?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
That is good to hear..I have a 19 GT that is Certified Pre-owned and I planned on Lund Tuning when it gets warmer. Does it feel like a whole new car after the tune?
Like I said dude, complete transformation. The car already ran great (or so I thought) with zero issues. Had recently done new plugs, O2 sensors, a whole work over. How can it improve? Everything about it is better with that tune. I'm blown away.

Oh, here's the only odd thing that happened to us with the tune. The car runs and idles soooo smooth, the exhaust is actually quieter by a point or two. Or it's just a perception since it's soo smooth. But we both noticed it, sooo....

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Like I said dude, complete transformation. The car already ran great (or so I thought) with zero issues. Had recently done new plugs, O2 sensors, a whole work over. How can it improve? Everything about it is better with that tune. I'm blown away.

Oh, here's the only odd thing that happened to us with the tune. The car runs and idles soooo smooth, the exhaust is actually quieter by a point or two. Or it's just a perception since it's soo smooth. But we both noticed it, sooo....
I’m a little confused. Did you put a tune on your GT350 or a S197 as mentioned in your post.

Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
that’s because your average gt350 leaves it stock. Go on the focus st forum it’s warranty void left and right lol.Ford didn’t use a good ring land design on the 2.0 pistons and even stock they’re known to LSPI. If you want real info that’s the place to go

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
that’s because your average gt350 leaves it stock. Go on the focus st forum it’s warranty void left and right lol.Ford didn’t use a good ring land design on the 2.0 pistons and even stock they’re known to LSPI. If you want real info that’s the place to go
I hear you but this is a S550 forum, not just the GT350. Any owner can comment on this thread and no one has. I’m not denying it happens. Just waiting for someone with actual experience to acknowledge it.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I hear you but this is a S550 forum, not just the GT350. Any owner can comment on this thread and no one has. I’m not denying it happens. Just waiting for someone with actual experience to acknowledge it.
Well, maybe... at the top of my browser display, it says this:

1610149886826.png

So, while it's an S550 forum, it's the Voodoo subsection of the GT350 subsection. So, taking @Gogoggansgo's point, I think lots of GT350 owners look at the $25,000 or so it that costs to replace a Voodoo engine and decide to give modifications a miss.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

1610149886826.png

So, while it's an S550 forum, it's the Voodoo subsection of the GT350 subsection. So, taking @Gogoggansgo's point, I think lots of GT350 owners look at the $25,000 or so it that costs to replace a Voodoo engine and decide to give modifications a miss.
You‘re right. I never noticed it was in the Voodoo sub section.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford

1610149886826.png

The invoice I got from the dealer was about $30k in total. So yea, no tunes for me during the warranty period.
Sponsored