Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I think the Active exhaust is a complete waste of $
Corrected: I think the Active exhaust is a complete waste of “MY” $.

I bought it, and enjoy the ability to go from crazy loud to whisper quiet. I do not think it was a waste of $.
Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Corrected: I think the Active exhaust is a complete waste of “MY” $.

I bought it, and enjoy the ability to go from crazy loud to whisper quiet. I do not think it was a waste of $.
Nothing more joyous than hearing your V8 go whisper quiet and sound like a Chevy Spark.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
i dont have the active exhaust on mine MY17 GT but when i change the exhaust i will be going active for the neighbour friendly stock as when required with the option to have it louder when out of town. Yes it'll cost more but give me best of both worlds, I am glad I have such options available.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Maybe I could have worded it a little better, but the whole idea of wanting (needing?) computer assistance to switch the amount of exhaust sound up or down just doesn't seem very enthusiast-like to me.
Who said anything about needing it? This is the way Ford has chosen to implemented it. All we can do is take it or leave it. We didn't ask Ford to do it via computers. I'm just happy they did it somehow, because without it I wouldn't have considered buying a Mustang. Whether behind the switch is a mechanical lever or a computer... I couldn't care less about it. :D

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just happy they did it somehow, because without it I wouldn't have considered buying a Mustang.
It's just a expensive gimmick.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
People who don't have active exhaust aren't qualified to comment on this thread. It's by far my favorite option on my car and I always toggle between the different settings.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
People who don't have active exhaust aren't qualified to comment on this thread
Were you just promoted to King of M6G? :clap:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It's just a expensive gimmick.

Using MSRP, it was ~1.5% of the total cost of my car - and in the context of the $895 across X months, and discounted (assuming no one actually pays MSRP), it's pretty trivial.

It's not a "gimmick" by any interpretation of the word, it's a specific, functional design for specific use cases - and since it's an option, if you don't fall into any of those use cases, it doesn't relegate to a gimmick, it means, it doesn't provide any value to you.

Seems pretty simple. :like:

Sponsored

2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I like mine so that I don’t annoy the neighbors. There has been some complaints of me speeding which isn’t really true and I’m guessing my car rumbling by makes the non-enthusiasts think I’m speeding. I’m usually in normal mode unless it is late or early... (quiet mode set from 9pm-9am), but I have thought about running in track mode for all the complaining folks :).. I haven’t but thought about it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I like mine so that I don’t annoy the neighbors. There has been some complaints of me speeding which isn’t really true and I’m guessing my car rumbling by makes the non-enthusiasts think I’m speeding. I’m usually in normal mode unless it is late or early... (quiet mode set from 9pm-9am), but I have thought about running in track mode for all the complaining folks :).. I haven’t but thought about it.
upload_2020-4-22_13-7-16.jpeg

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Were you just promoted to King of M6G? :clap:
Lol, you commenting on this thread is like me going to the GT500 section and telling those guys the Carbon Fiber track pack isn't worth it.
Sponsored