Sponsored

According to new CB article, "Younger Buyers could kill the Ford Mustang"

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
They'll sell a bazillion Mach-E's
are they though? Not exactly thin on dealer lots it would seem. Or maybe that's a Capital phenomenom, where all these vastly overpaid gov't types and hangers-on live and spend their money without a care in the world. It's not like they work under the laws of economics or have to make a payroll... :)
Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
To quote Michael Malice, "The corporate media are factual but not truthful."

Once again this is corporate propaganda fed to the media and regurgitated as news. Here are the actual sales figures.

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2021-us-vehicle-sales-figures-by-model/#monthlysales

Model Jan Feb Mar Apr
Ford Mach E 238 3,739 2,637 1,951
Tesla Model 3 7,395 7,395 8,320 -
Tesla Model S 1,330 1,330 1,496 -
Tesla Model X 1,634 1,634 1,838 -
Tesla Model Y 10,761 10,761 12,106 -

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I put as much effort in finding that initialarticle as Matt put into making his usual crass comment
hey now, I have lived in the belly of the beast for 20 years and the laws of economics and consequences do not apply here.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
This is all fine, and I let kids at cars and coffee sit in any of my cars all the time, but it doesn't some the issue that most young adults can't AFFORD these cars lol
Pretty much this. Especially now, used cars are astounding. My gf’s 18 year old brother has been working and saving and still can’t afford a shit box, would of been able too. Til 5k cars became 8-10k cars. Crappy really.

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
If you're going to continue to reply - try adding a link to a trusted source that backs up anything you say.

15% of workers work for the government: https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020/votervital/public-service-and-the-federal-government/

A similar amount are in healthcare: https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/healthcare/default.html

And about 10% of workers are in unions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_unions_in_the_United_States

Together that's 40%... that's not even a majority.

But I'm not sure what your point is. You do realize that the healthcare industry is NOT part of the government, right? Those workers are working for thousands of private practices, hospitals, and supporting companies.

But I suppose you'll tell me that Brookings is liberal, CDC is pwned by the "deep state", and Wikipedia can be modified by anyone.

You have to ask yourself: if there is no evidence that anyone could ever provide you to dissuade you of your beliefs... then are you even attached to reality? What is the purpose in continuing to engage in a discussion with someone who won't accept any truth?

It's amazing how poorly informed you are.

Who/what is the largest employer in the US?

And what government/healthcare/union work do you do? You forgot to answer that question. Must have missed it the first time.

And if you don't know that scientific journals and Harvard medical doctors lie through their teeth, I can't help you. Your naivete' us beyond helping.

Just Trolling thru old posts and ran across this health crap we have a few members discussing.
I saw one was 40 sumthin ', did not catch the others age . Fellows ,I ain't gonna argue or belittle either of ya'll. BUT .............. Anything with Google/Facebook/Twitter or any other Social Media including TV is filling Americans full of Sh*t . Does anyone remember "YOU CAN KEEP YOUR OWN DOCTOR "/ You can keep Your Own Ins. Plan / "Your Costs will go down / A Family of 4 will have full coverage for less than $2400 a year / ETC ETC ETC .? . Most of this Ins. is thru State Medicaid ,that you crow about folks having Ins. that didn't before . Medicaid is one step above a VET Animal Clinic . You may get a "REAL DR " or a P.A. Or Physician Nurse. That Assembly Lines You ,where he/she spends 5-maybe 10 minutes with you . Then they scream "TESTS" . That's where the $$$ is ! At 65 you can get Medi-Care . Pray you make it that far . My wife pays 555.00 per mo. for BLUE CROSS , The Gold Seal of Health INS. Had it for 13 yrs . This yr. they made it an HMO instead of PPO . Our family Dr . of 13 yrs . now declines her INS. She needs minor hand surgery and we have searched for a month to find a Dr to take her Ins. With a $6000.00 deductible . Being day surgery , I will most likely pay every dime out of my pocket. Ins. won't have to pay sh*t...While they suck up $6,600 Yr.in premiums. I don't know where ya'll live . Every state is different . But ACA was the biggest con job until last NOV. { I JUST SAID NOV> } Nothing political about Thanksgiving Month !!. Where is my $2400 yr.premium for 4 . I'm just TWO !. The Part D drug coverage is a RIPOFF. Everyone heard of DONUT HOLE .I'm assuming . When the cost of your Meds. reach $4100. This total arrives from Your Copay and Ins. Payment . Out of $4100 ,I paid $1900.Ins paid $2200 . Plus my premiums I paid $120 mo. After $4100. You get a 25% discount off generic .if they make one for your particular drug ,and You pay all the rest till you spend $6550 of your own money. I hit the "Donut hole in May each yr. .Last year Neither of us were sick ,yet In Insurance premiums and Medicine costs MY wife and I spent $15,000 . Now we got certain people that walk across a border and get every damn dime of THEIR MEDICAL PAID FOR BY YOU AND ME !!!! Tell me in WHAT UNIVERSE DOES THAT MAKE SENSE . YOU ARE CORRECT ABOUT ONE THING . There are People getting Med. ins. that weren't getting it before . GUESS WHO ?
Junqdawg

Sponsored

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED

12 sec.ET. unheard of ???? What are you referring to ? Before or After The EPA " DE-HORSEPOWERED" all vehicles made after 1971 . Yep I know That's NOT a REAL WORD but you know what I mean . ?

Reactions: lew

Rocketeer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A PP
Type r civics are 38-39000 370z 30-45000 golf r 31-42000 Subaru wrx 27-42000. Mustangs eco boost or the gt have a wider range but still 27000-55000 up to a 100,000. But I know what your saying.
And it's only going to get worse as more EVs, and federal incentives for manufacturers to crank them out, enter market over next few years. Entry level stuff starts in mid 40k (mach-e, models, id4) after tax, the mid tier is almost 80k and top end is deep into six figures. Hold on to your 5.0s as long as you can, this used car market frenzy will come back even more hungry for the late model ICE when people start to realize their 3-4 year old smart phones on wheels have all kinds of sunken costs built into them.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
12 sec.ET. unheard of ???? What are you referring to ? Before or After The EPA " DE-HORSEPOWERED" all vehicles made after 1971 . Yep I know That's NOT a REAL WORD but you know what I mean . ?
DD is a daily driver.

Right orm man☠