Sponsored

According to new CB article, "Younger Buyers could kill the Ford Mustang"

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I personally don't see the Mach E killing the Mustang, reason being is that the Mustang is a halo car that does draw people into dealers. The Mustang is so ingrained in Ford lore that killing the coupe and only going cross over would kill the branding entirely. They may sell in lower numbers over the next few years, but sports cars always make a comeback as people will eventually want something fun or cars will become "cool" again.

That and everybody loves a Mustang, it is one of the most American cars there is and the first American car that anybody probably thinks of who isn't from North America.
Sponsored

Rocketeer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A PP
The base wheels look terrible. This was one I saw had the giant red 6 piston front brakes and not the pizza cutter wheels.

Edit: They're 4 pots not 6
I got nothing against EV mustang (coupe) and Mach-E looks (other than that peg of a door handle) if it was called something else. Ford wants performance equestrian sub-brand? Great, there is a galloping one for go fast grand coupe type, bucking one for off road type already, just make another horse šŸŽ (<that!) shape and don't call it mustang.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I got nothing against EV mustang (coupe) and Mach-E looks (other than that peg of a door handle) if it was called something else. Ford wants performance equestrian sub-brand? Great, there is a galloping one for go fast grand coupe type, bucking one for off road type already, just make another horse šŸŽ (<that!) shape and don't call it mustang.
I agree, I wish it wasn't called a Mustang but they did it for publicity, nothing else. It worked.

Tesla does absolutely nothing for me. The Porsche Taycan, Audi E Tron GT, and this Mach E are making me more interested in EVs.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Problem solved, let's call them Moo-stangs.

1622146296804.jpeg
Seen 2 in the wild now. So much nope! They donā€™t look remotely appealing to me. I want Ford to do well and make more things I like. This isnā€™t it, wtf Ford!

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Seen 2 in the wild now. So much nope! They donā€™t look remotely appealing to me. I want Ford to do well and make more things I like. This isnā€™t it, wtf Ford!
The problem is the general public does not want a 2 door sports car. They want a 4 door crossover.

Sponsored

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
This is an opinion piece. Iā€™d prefer to see actual statical data that shows that people in their 20s arenā€™t buying Mustangs. From looking at yearly sales itā€™s hardly a killing of the Mustang. Sales spike in new body styles and slowly drop until a new body style is released.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I have a 2-year old son and one of the reasons I _chose_ a Mustang (as opposed to other things like a Porsche Cayman or Jaguar F-Type or Toyota Supra) was BECAUSE it has back seats so my fiancƩ, son and myself can all ride at the same time (and we do).

I have a great child seat in the back - and Mustangs have all of the modern child seat connections back there: two ā€œclick inā€ points on either side of each seat and the child seat anchor point behind the seats under the window. It works _perfectly_.

My son loves riding in my car and I regularly use it for taking him and picking him up from daycare. We also use it as a family for longer cruises to attractions on the weekend (if the weather is good).

Sure - getting him in and out is not as easy as it is in an SUVā€¦ but itā€™s really not bad either.

Not disagreeing with your whole post - just pointing out that Mustangs actually do acquit themselves fairly well with smaller children.
What I was getting at, is for the person that takes the car seat out, and in, with the baby , a 2 door can be a r.p.i.t.a. .
Many did it for decades. But times changed and parents, found a 4 door easier. or a big box with a large sliding door, the hated mini van.
I am of the age , that one parent held the baby, child till 2y/o then it was sit in the back seat or front seat. seat belts optional.
Things were different for sure.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The electric ford "mustang, should have been named, badged.

Ford Galaxie EV

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, lots of researchers receive money from the government. But to make the jump from that to 5 scientist from multiple institutions colluding to falsify results... is insane. The database that particular paper utilized is something you can go get and check their work if you want to! Anyone can... that's the point.

Do you realize what kind of career suicide it is for scientists to falsify results or doctor numbers? I'm not saying it doesn't happen (there are bad actors in every industry) but scientific journal publishing is set up specifically to catch these errors and punish the people who make them. A paper retraction (a journal pulling your paper because of an issue) is one of the worst things that can happen to a scientist.

Like I said a bazillion posts ago: I'm now late for my Zoom meeting with all the other scientists in the world where we collude on how to deceive the public... so I gotta go.
Might want to research, who is funding those that agree with the other 96 scientist.
They know where the gravy train comes from and are not going to rock the boat. knowing if in the future they need funding, grant money. they have to tow the line.
ONCE research became beholden to those that support the research, they became a bought and paid for commodity, no different than those that run for office and are beholden to those that supported their run.
It is sad. And it was not always this way.
but it is just as easy to buy a scientist as it is a politician .
Both require others support to get and keep their job.
Sad really, But the really sad part is those that turn a blind eye to what has happen in the last 50 years.

Sponsored

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
This topic has run amuck, so I do not feel ashamed for this.

My wife and I went to the County Fair Agricultural Show and one of the first exhibits we stopped at was the breeding bulls.. We went up to the first pen and there was a sign attached that said,

' THIS BULL MATED 50 TIMES LAST YEAR '

My wife playfully nudged me in the ribs .....Smiled and said,
'He mated 50 times last year, that's almost once a week.'

We walked to the second pen which had a sign attached that said,

''THIS BULL MATED 150 TIMES LAST YEAR'

My wife gave me a healthy jab and said, '
WOW~~That's more than twice! a week !
..........You could learn a lot from him.'

We walked to the third pen and it had a sign attached that said, in capital letters,

'THIS BULL MATED 365 TIMES LAST YEAR'

My wife was so excited that her elbow nearly broke my ribs, and said,
'That's once a day ..You could REALLY learn something from this one.'

I looked at her and said, 'Go over and ask him if it was with the same cow.'

My condition has been upgraded from critical to stable and I should eventually make a full recovery.

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
I only read the first page of this thread but a fix for this is to expose kids and young people to put cars. If I am with any of my friends that have kids I take them on a ride(safely but sprinted). Kids donā€™t know what they are missing until they are exposed to it. I have 4 of my buddies kids wanting a mustang when they get to driving age now. Their parents like me have been into cars or the car scene forever, but all the kids now are seeing the Hondaā€™s Toyotaā€™s and subaru on the road all winged out with fart boxes pooping around and kids think they're cool. Iā€™m not knocking all of them at least they are into cars instead of skinny jeans and going to the mall. But when I take them on a ride and they hear the v8 and feel the torque they usually convert.
I took my lightning I use to have to the auto cross a few years back and they would allow a passenger to ride with you. Being the only truck at the event it was noticed. I must have took 8-10 people with me around the course over the weekend and all but two of them were wanting a v8 and rear wheel drive to play with. I definitely didnā€™t have the best times of the cars out there but I think I had the most fun.
Point being if they donā€™t know what they are missing so letā€™s show them. I went through a ricer phase but never again.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I only read the first page of this thread but a fix for this is to expose kids and young people to put cars. If I am with any of my friends that have kids I take them on a ride(safely but sprinted). Kids donā€™t know what they are missing until they are exposed to it. I have 4 of my buddies kids wanting a mustang when they get to driving age now. Their parents like me have been into cars or the car scene forever, but all the kids now are seeing the Hondaā€™s Toyotaā€™s and subaru on the road all winged out with fart boxes pooping around and kids think they're cool. Iā€™m not knocking all of them at least they are into cars instead of skinny jeans and going to the mall. But when I take them on a ride and they hear the v8 and feel the torque they usually convert.
I took my lightning I use to have to the auto cross a few years back and they would allow a passenger to ride with you. Being the only truck at the event it was noticed. I must have took 8-10 people with me around the course over the weekend and all but two of them were wanting a v8 and rear wheel drive to play with. I definitely didnā€™t have the best times of the cars out there but I think I had the most fun.
Point being if they donā€™t know what they are missing so letā€™s show them. I went through a ricer phase but never again.
This is all fine, and I let kids at cars and coffee sit in any of my cars all the time, but it doesn't solve the issue that most young adults can't AFFORD these cars lol

Last edited:

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What I was getting at, is for the person that takes the car seat out, and in, with the baby , a 2 door can be a r.p.i.t.a. .
Many did it for decades. But times changed and parents, found a 4 door easier. or a big box with a large sliding door, the hated mini van.
I am of the age , that one parent held the baby, child till 2y/o then it was sit in the back seat or front seat. seat belts optional.
Things were different for sure.
Yeah - I would hate to take it in and out. I just own one for each car... the one I put in the Mustang has never been removed (and it won't until I won't need it).

It definitely was crazy back when seatbelts weren't even mandatory!

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
This is all fine, and I let kids at cars and coffee sit in any of my cars all the time, but it doesn't some the issue that most young adults can't AFFORD these cars lol
Type r civics are 38-39000 370z 30-45000 golf r 31-42000 Subaru wrx 27-42000. Mustangs eco boost or the gt have a wider range but still 27000-55000 up to a 100,000. But I know what your saying.
Sponsored

Last edited: