Sponsored

Accessport installed with issues

Lexsmf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My version 3 accessport came in today and I installed it on my ecoboost. The only modifications I have right now are a axle back exhaust and a cold air intake. I went with the stage 1 at 93 octane tune and installed it on to my car with ease. Took the car for a very short drive and it's almost as if there is a boost leak somewhere because I have almost zero torque off the line. The car will pretty much crawl till about 2500 rpm then will get up and go. All in all it's pretty much slower than stock right now and I'm not certain as to why. I checked the couplings and everything seemed to be tied down correctly and accessport is reading that I'm still building a little over 20 pounds of boost. Does anyone have any advice on this matter as I'm not mechanically inclined.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Bmx2day

IG @lol_ur_gt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
After a few drive cycles it feels alot better. I had the same feeling after the stage 3 flash. After about a day, I could tell a huge difference but first pull felt the same way.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Give the car a few days to adjust and see if that helps, as pointed out above. If it still does the same, try reflashing the car and checking for boost leaks. Sometimes the charge pipes aren't completely blown off but rather get loose enough to cause problems. I had that happen once to me.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
My version 3 accessport came in today and I installed it on my ecoboost. The only modifications I have right now are a axle back exhaust and a cold air intake. I went with the stage 1 at 93 octane tune and installed it on to my car with ease. Took the car for a very short drive and it's almost as if there is a boost leak somewhere because I have almost zero torque off the line. The car will pretty much crawl till about 2500 rpm then will get up and go. All in all it's pretty much slower than stock right now and I'm not certain as to why. I checked the couplings and everything seemed to be tied down correctly and accessport is reading that I'm still building a little over 20 pounds of boost. Does anyone have any advice on this matter as I'm not mechanically inclined.

Thank you!

Make sure u are on the right map slot! ;)

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Check your logs might be pulling timing and knocking. Also Might just be a crappy tune and not what you hoped for.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lexsmf

Lexsmf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It was nothing more then a stock off the shelf tune from cobb. A stage 1

menaecoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost mustang black PP pack
Did you check your OAR gauge on your accessport?

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Try uninstalling the tune then load the map back on your car . And make sure you have the stage 1 tune and not the other stages considering the mods you have

menaecoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost mustang black PP pack
Ratio is -0.96 / -0.12
Should be reading -1.00. Give it some time if it doesn't correct itself, then I'd reinstall

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
As recommended above, make sure you're in the right map slot too. Press Cancel on the Cruise Control buttons and watch where the RPM needle goes too. If it goes to 1,000 rpms (Slot No. 1), you're good. If not, press the (+) or (-) buttons to go up or down through the slots. Move it to Slot No. 1 and you're good on that part.

OP
OP
Lexsmf

Lexsmf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I want to thank everyone who helped me with this matter. Everything seems to be running smoothly now! Thanks guys!!

Last edited:

hmdballa219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 shadow black mustang GT
Yes deff check the map slot and make sure your using good 93 Oct gas of course too...cuz I had the exact same problem of it feeling slower the first few days. Then The OAR gets to -1.00 then it's like a rocket lol

bguerrero13

bguerrero13
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Black Appearance PKG Ecoboost Premium
Any one know if I buy I used accessport off someone on the forum that had a MT, is it safe to use on my auto?
Sponsored