Sponsored

Ac compressor, water pump, now noise from front end

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tanner
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang v6
Hey guys first post, long time watcher. I’ve had so many issues with my 2016 v6 lately, just seeing if y’all have had similar issues?

Everything’s been great up u til I hit the 100k mark.

Ac compressor clutch essentially shredded itself so they replaced that at 101k

then the day after I got it back it was leaking from The water pump, and some ac lines got damaged from all the metal the compressor threw around in the engine bay. So new water pumpand ac lines are gonna be replaced tommrow.

yesterday got a service advance trac light on, messed around with the e-brake after some research and it went away weirdly enough

Now I’m getting a weird crunching/ rubbing grinding noise coming from the front end when breaking at a stop or sometimes noticeable when turning as well. New brake pads all’s around/tires as well. Any thoughts ? This is starting to become a huge money pit. I’m lucky I had bought the 130k warranty so I am covered but everytime I make a new claim it’s another 250 deductible. Which seems like I have had a new issue every week.

many similar experiences? I personally think the shrapnel from the ac clutch got flung around, and damaged other areas, as you can clearly see the. Gunk In the engine bay all over.
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
For a car with 100k miles and a warranty covering the cost I would say you’re in good shape. Nothing you’re saying is way out of the ordinary and at $250 a repair you’re saving a lot of money… I don’t wanna be a contrarian to your post but I don’t see any of this as crazy bad. Most of my life I’ve owned old cars without a warranty and this stuff is 100% out of pocket for a shitty car, much less a V6 Mustang…