Sponsored

[SOLVED]Abs light, hill assist fault light, power steering light, no parking assist light issue

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
2017 GT with 29k miles…Hoping some of you guys can help me with something that has never happened before…

30 min into driving I start getting all these service lights. I first get “advance track off” then “power steering fault asssist service” followed by “hill assist service”. ABS, traction control, airbag light all come on. Car is still driving fine. I come to a red light and restart the car. Lights go off but those warning boxes flash again. Next thing I lose power steering and Hill assist doesn’t work. When parking just now, parking assist service flashes on the dash and all of a sudden the sensors don’t work. I drove the car this morning and every was fine.

What could it be? Have my first track day of the year on the 2nd so I’m hoping to have it resolved by then.

Thanks for any help
Sponsored

MikeDawg5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Had the hill assist/back-up cam/reverse light issue on my 2020 from the day I drove it home. There was an active TSB on it and a software update fixed it in less than 30 minutes at the dealer.

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
2017 GT with 29k miles…Hoping some of you guys can help me with something that has never happened before…

30 min into driving I start getting all these service lights. I first get “advance track off” then “power steering fault asssist service” followed by “hill assist service”. ABS, traction control, airbag light all come on. Car is still driving fine. I come to a red light and restart the car. Lights go off but those warning boxes flash again. Next thing I lose power steering and Hill assist doesn’t work. When parking just now, parking assist service flashes on the dash and all of a sudden the sensors don’t work. I drove the car this morning and every was fine.

What could it be? Have my first track day of the year on the 2nd so I’m hoping to have it resolved by then.

Thanks for any help
I had a similar issue on a 2017, it ended up being the battery.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I had a similar issue on a 2017, it ended up being the battery.
I hope its simple.

I have gone through threads and asked on Facebook groups. some stated it is caused by the rear hub and had that replaced along with the abs retainer ring(or what ever its called). For some it was the ring that snapped.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I hope its simple.

I have gone through threads and asked on Facebook groups. some stated it is caused by the rear hub and had that replaced along with the abs retainer ring(or what ever its called). For some it was the ring that snapped.
Unfortunately nothing electronically is simple on today’s cars. That’s why we cannot give you the answer you are looking for. It “could” be a lot of different things. Only your dealer will know for sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Yup that’s the ring I was talking about. I know it’s quick fix and under warranty. Dropped the car off yesterday morning and was told I got at least 19 cars ahead of me. I have a track day Monday but I don’t think I’ll make it.
Find out what the service manager’s favorite adult beverage is and leave one on his desk with a note asking him to get you done ASAP. Good luck.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Just got a video from the tech and sure enough it was the broken washer. Car is ready to go for my track day on Monday!

If you live in the DMV area, Koons Silver Spring is top notch!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Just got a video from the tech and sure enough it was the broken washer. Car is ready to go for my track day on Monday!

Great news. Have a good weekend and safe track day.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Good to hear it has been resolved and the turnaround was quicker than expected. Best of luck!

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
So did you run a scanner on it yet to see what code faults it has?

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
So did you run a scanner on it yet to see what code faults it has?
Did I run a scanner? No. I just saw the messages on the dash. There was no check engine light.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Good to hear it has been resolved and the turnaround was quicker than expected. Best of luck!
Thanks again for your help
Sponsored