Sponsored

About to pull the trigger on a GT500 order-what are the common problems that the cars have so I know what to expect

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
If someone can summarize some of the issues that are floating around out there that would greatly help thank you
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There have been many posts. The search function will tell you everything you need to know.

OP
OP
Stang 19

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Biggest issue by far, no manual transmission.

Had to....
Agreed that is my biggest issue also and why I have hesitated but at this point might as well experience greatness without it

Sponsored

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Agreed that is my biggest issue also and why I have hesitated but at this point might as well experience greatness without it
Oh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!! not another manual vs DCT thread, please no. These cars are magnificent other than the same issues a person has with any mass produced new car with a full warranty.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
It will tempt you to put your license at risk regularly. This car is so much fun to drive, you are going to love it.

Keep in mind that it's still a Mustang, made on the same assembly line as any other Mustang. They don't get any additional QC. To me this is the biggest downside about buying one of these cars, and it was why (after having owned several GT500s and a GT350 in the past) I was initially not going to buy one this time. I eventually went a little crazy after not having a Mustang for a year and a half and bought one on impulse. I'm glad I did, these cars are an absolute blast and are worth any minor issues you might see.
Sponsored