Sponsored

About to pick up my Mach 1 with HP tomorrow and drive down 700 miles. Any suggestions on what to do and not to do.

Prahi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Prahi
Vehicle(s)
None
As the title says,
Any suggestions are helpful.
Thanks
Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
As the title says,
Any suggestions are helpful.
Thanks
Congrats. From my experience, (now with nearly 14k miles on 11-month old Mach1), follow the Owner's Manual - stay out of the high rpms, vary your speed, and don't stay at steady rpms for long periods. I also took time to do brake bedding immediately after delivery, before even driving it home, by finding a large, empty parking lot and following the non-track bedding process.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I did a similar mileage when picking up our new truck. Like my dad would always tell me ā€œchances are the cars already been redlined when they rolled it out of the production lineā€ he use to tell me about when he would go to the corvette plant and would see the workers do a rolling burnout from the production line to the parking lot šŸ˜‚

couple schools of thought. Drive it how you want if it breaks Iā€™d rather have it break under warranty than after because it was babied.

I took it easy the first 100 miles then varied rpms 100-300 then gave some decent pulls 300-500. After that just drove it how I wanted.

Sponsored

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Youā€™re going to smile the whole way home, itā€™s that good.

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Grainger pick up? I drove 1,000 miles for my pick up.
1) Check your tire pressures. Tires tend to be over-inflated. Mine were 38-39 PSI.
2) Probably not necessary but if they're willing to check your alignment for no cost then have them check. Mine was 1/8" toe out up front. Made for a very darty car on the way home.
3) Don't use cruise control, vary the rpms and load. If you have a day or two drive around in town, that would be ideal.
4) Expect to get a bit less than 300 miles (sometimes a lot less) than 300 miles out of tank of gas.
5) if you want to hook up your Iphone for music and nav bring a USB to iphone cord.

Enjoy the car, it's a super nice highway cruiser, but you'll notice if you have the Cup2s they are super noisy on concrete freeways.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
The front splitter is lower and longer than you think.

If you THINK you won't scrape on a speed bump or dip in the road, you probably will. You have to KNOW you won't scrape.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver

If you THINK you won't scrape on a speed bump or dip in the road, you probably will. You have to KNOW you won't scrape.
Great point. Don't be on the brakes when you reach the speed bump! Make sure you're just rolling and not on brakes or accelerator as you cross it. I found 20-22 mph is the optimal for most speed bumps -- faster and you will scrape the splitter (even on a non-HP) when the front wheels come off the bump, and slower will jar your teeth.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Prahi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Prahi
Vehicle(s)
None
Grainger pick up? I drove 1,000 miles for my pick up.
1) Check your tire pressures. Tires tend to be over-inflated. Mine were 38-39 PSI.
2) Probably not necessary but if they're willing to check your alignment for no cost then have them check. Mine was 1/8" toe out up front. Made for a very darty car on the way home.
3) Don't use cruise control, vary the rpms and load. If you have a day or two drive around in town, that would be ideal.
4) Expect to get a bit less than 300 miles (sometimes a lot less) than 300 miles out of tank of gas.
5) if you want to hook up your Iphone for music and nav bring a USB to iphone cord.

Enjoy the car, it's a super nice highway cruiser, but you'll notice if you have the Cup2s they are super noisy on concrete freeways.
Nah from Michigan,
Ill make sure to check all the stuff you said before I start driving back. I only have a day so Iā€™m picking up and driving straight from the dealership to home.
I wanted to switch the cup 2 but realised I cannot carry them home so Iā€™m driving home with those on.

i did bring my iPhone cord. Thanks

OP
OP

Prahi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Prahi
Vehicle(s)
None

I did ask them to remove the front HP splitter, I was pretty sure I ainā€™t bringing it home in one piece.

OP
OP

Prahi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Prahi
Vehicle(s)
None
Great point. Don't be on the brakes when you reach the speed bump! Make sure you're just rolling and not on brakes or accelerator as you cross it. I found 20-22 mph is the optimal for most speed bumps -- faster and you will scrape the splitter (even on a non-HP) when the front wheels come off the bump, and slower will jar your teeth.
Thanks for the input.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Make sure the front wheel moldings and gurney flap are there. If you plan on PPF maybe look into track armour or a similar product to protect the car until you get home.
Sponsored