Sponsored

About to join the Shelby herd but have some ?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
Congratulations. You will enjoy your car. I have a 2020 and get the giggles every time I fire it up and get out on the road. Enjoy and don’t forget to post some pics when you get your car. :like:
Sponsored

Radam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROBERT
Vehicle(s)
Honda crv, honda s2000, GT350
If you want it, get it. If the motor goes, that's what warranties are for. Check your oil after a fill up, let it warm up and enjoy.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
One concern earlier buyers had was engine longevity. Not many have gone beyond the 5/60k mark at this time to tell. While Ford has been great at replacing engines under warranty, if you plan on keeping the car long term and drive a lot, since it is a retirement present to yourself, give some thought to a 7-8/100k extended warranty.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm going to chime in and say a long road trip may not be the best treatment for this car when the engine is new.
You are supposed to vary the RPMs and not hold them for a long time. I could be wrong, so please correct me.

I was careful for the first 100 miles then let it occasionally get to redline until 1000 miles. I had no oil consumption when I checked right after.

I agree to pay for the enclosed carrier since you are getting a deal. That way you can get it property paint protected (at least the front portion).
Definitely if you make a long road trip you shouldn't set the cruise and drive at a constant speed. You'd want to take lots of off and on ramps to vary the RPM and get lots of full and no throttle operation in during the first 1,000 miles.

I didn't rev mine to 8,000 until after the 1,000 miles, but I did get lots of full throttle and lots of no throttle during break in. I would say to the OP if you can afford it, buy it. The GT350 was the most enjoyable car I ever owned and I had over 30,000 trouble free miles.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Somebody posted on here that the percentage of crapped motors was like .46% or something stupid like that. Figure in owner negligence into at least 25% of those and maybe Ford didn't do as bad of a job as they say. Pay attention to the oil, don't hit redline until well after break in period is over. And, pay attention to the oil.

Did i mention the oil?

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Pay attention to the oil, don't hit redline until well after break in period is over. And, pay attention to the oil.
Yes to paying attention to the oil.

No to redline well after break in period is over. Read what the manual says. Take a literal interpretation of what it says. Read up on ‘glazing’ and operate your engine to avoid it.

Deleted member 37397

Bought my 16 with 1900 miles on it, no idea how it was broken in. Runs great, now at almost 7,000 miles. Saw a guy buy his 18 new and correctly break it in and his blew up. So there’s no way to know. Just get the extended warranty if you’re that worried about it and drive it. If you read enough car forums, you’ll find things wrong with every car. I’ve never had a car that turned more heads, there’s a presence on the streets that make people look. This one is worth the price of admission.

OP
OP
Threebanger

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Signing paperwork today! Spliter, Gurney flap, and camber plates are in the trunk. Reliable is scheduled to pick her up Monday. Now for the long wait.....1 - 3 weeks based on driver route but at least she's enclosed.

Anything I'm missing? Or anything else that should be with the car? There was no cover on my window sticker.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Signing paperwork today! Spliter, Gurney flap, and camber plates are in the trunk. Reliable is scheduled to pick her up Monday. Now for the long wait.....1 - 3 weeks based on driver route but at least she's enclosed.

Anything I'm missing? Or anything else that should be with the car? There was no cover on my window sticker.
Congrats! Sound like you did your homework. Pictures when you get it!

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang coupe, 2020 GT350 Iconic Silver

Congrats!! if you are like me i was like a kid waiting on Christmas for it to arrive!
I asked the dealer to not remove any of the protective plastic and leave the window sticker in place. Just fun to remove all that myself.
Just for reference Reliable picked mine up on a Friday afternoon around 4:00 p.m. and it was delivered to me Monday morning by 9:30 a.m.

Sponsored

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350

Congrats, you should get your owners gift in a few weeks. You can use the vin number to schedule Track Attack if you are inclined to go. Within a couple of weeks, they could look mine up and find out everything from my purchase. When you set up your "Ford Pass" account they will eventually send you 42,000 points which is supposed to pay for the first three services. Haven't used mine.

Christmas is coming. I was driving mine yesterday, it is making me smile today. 3,000 miles and zero problems so far. My only gripe is a poor fitting trim piece, that will get fixed soon enough.

Last edited:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations... you've bought a very special car. Enjoy the ride!
I went through the same deliberation you have, it's worth it.

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase

If you're planning on driving the car eventually, why not just fly up and drive it back? It would be cheaper than a carrier, at least is was for me. Also, I knew there was a chance that I would arrive at the dealership and the car would be imperfect beyond reasonable defects and have to fly back - better than being less than thrilled, personally. I've seen this happen to others and is why I knew seeing it in person before squeezing the trigger was necessary (my $0.02). So I flew from Houston to OKC, inspected it thoroughly (and still didn't realize the camber/caster plates weren't installed until weeks later) and drove it home...best six hours + spent in a car ever and I've road-tripped like no one's business. Also, knowing that I was going to ceramic coat the entire car and PPF the entire front end soon after bringing it home, I took the precaution of masking up the entire front end to avoid rock chips, bugs, etc. Either way, just thought I'd share my story since I almost took the route you are...

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If you're planning on driving the car eventually, why not just fly up and drive it back? It would be cheaper than a carrier, at least is was for me. Also, I knew there was a chance that I would arrive at the dealership and the car would be imperfect beyond reasonable defects and have to fly back - better than being less than thrilled, personally. I've seen this happen to others and is why I knew seeing it in person before squeezing the trigger was necessary (my $0.02). So I flew from Houston to OKC, inspected it thoroughly (and still didn't realize the camber/caster plates weren't installed until weeks later) and drove it home...best six hours + spent in a car ever and I've road-tripped like no one's business. Also, knowing that I was going to ceramic coat the entire car and PPF the entire front end soon after bringing it home, I took the precaution of masking up the entire front end to avoid rock chips, bugs, etc. Either way, just thought I'd share my story since I almost took the route you are...
Good Advice... nice stable of cars by the way...