Sponsored

About to drop the coin on a Procharger - need advise

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6A
Hello all,

First time poster, long time lurker. Active duty Army, I am redeploying from a long TDY, and have a huge nest egg (thanks taxpayers) dedicated to a supercharger upgrade for my 2015 Mustang GT automatic (haters gonna hate).

I live in Auburn, WA, which is just south of Seattle. There is a local Mustang shop that is an authorized Procharger dealer, but I have had some bad business experience with that shop when I tried to order/install my CAI/exhaust/tune through them.

I am pretty much set in on the following upgrades:

-Stage II Procharger System:
-D-1SC Head Unit (Black coating)
-Procharger Stage 2 intercooler (black coating)
-Helical gearset
-Black bracket
-ID1000 injectors
-PowerMAX v2 • FuelMAX 22 Volt/44 AMP
-NGK 1 Heat Range Colder Spark

With this setup, I know it is reasonable for me to expect somewhere in the realm of 700hp/550tq at the wheels (dyno of course). This is my daily driver, so I don't want to go completely overboard.

Which brings me to the trouble. Looking for some options/experiences regarding custom tuning shops, specifically shops with automatic tuning experience. I know there are a ton out there with some great cars (Lethal, Evo Performance, etc), but regarding remote tuning... I am just a little weary. I already own a SCT tuner, of course, and I am pretty comfortable data logging, etc.

I appreciate any and all feedback, etc.

Thanks!

Rob
Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Have you checked the websites of the various S/C makers? They have Dealer Locator function. There may be another ProCharger shop within a reasonable driving distance. And if not, there might be a dealer for Paxton, Whipple, etc

Jonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in WA and Army also and going Whipple. What shop are you talking about? Is it TMS?

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OP, go with a Lund remote tune. They've been killing the tuning market. Everyone else will probably chime in and say the same.

I wouldn't fear remote tuning so long as you can do some actual street pull datalogging as that's the best way to get everything dialed in correctly.

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Agreed Lund is your best bet he has the Procharger and all other systems nail down.

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Hello all,

I am redeploying from a long TDY, and have a huge nest egg (thanks taxpayers).
Tax dollars well spent!! Thank you for your service!:cheers:

I am currently doing a very similar install. I have been extremely happy going to lund from Bama on a regular street tune, then added mod tune, then Flex fuel tune. All the centrifugals are seeing bigger numbers (more like a PD SC) from the Lund tuning. Good luck!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Furore, if you're considering TMS for your install, your past experience with them should be your guide. I have a good friend that had a botched ProCharger install at TMS and I can't refer anyone there in good faith, which is too bad as I live just a couple miles away from them.

If you'd rather not do remote tuning & datalogging, you might want to check out Brad's Custom Auto in Seattle or Blood Enterprise in Auburn for local install & tuning.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Lund Racing through Lethal Performance is always a winning combination. You can't go wrong with this setup. Lund Racing tunes all of our cars and has for the last 6+ years with excellent success.

If you have any other questions or need assistance please feel free to give us a call and we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks, Jared

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Since you're a ditch-digger (I'm Air Force so shot's fired!) you have access to an auto-hobby shop on post. From everything I've read you can do a procharger install in 5-6 hours. If you know buddies with mechanical skills I'm sure you could finish this project in a day with no problems.

Beefcake (and others) have awesome PC packages and can custom tailor it to your needs. They also come with Lund custom tunes so you can get on the road or dyno, do some data-logging, and then update your tune as required.

Jonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Furore, if you're considering TMS for your install, your past experience with them should be your guide. I have a good friend that had a botched ProCharger install at TMS and I can't refer anyone there in good faith, which is too bad as I live just a couple miles away from them.

If you'd rather not do remote tuning & datalogging, you might want to check out Brad's Custom Auto in Seattle or Blood Enterprise in Auburn for local install & tuning.
Please elaborate. They've installed my bolt ons and dyno tunes my mustang and have been nothing but cool dudes. They have a lot of cars in the shop ranging from motor swaps, complete rebuilds, installing FI in mustangs. As I mentioned I'm goin Whipple and most likely going through them for install. They are passionate about what they do and are nice/genuine guys. Also like I said they're new to me, and chatting with them they said they recently bought the place out from the previous owner, them being Matt and Al, so it's possible your story pre dates the new management and experience. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That being said I wouldn't mind anecdotal evidence from other people.

Sponsored

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I've had Lund and a dyno tune on my procharged car. I would recommend a dyno tune from a reputable shop.

OP
OP

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in WA and Army also and going Whipple. What shop are you talking about? Is it TMS?
Yeah I am talking about TMS. I have heard from a few other people that the quality of work there has gone downhill recently.

OP
OP

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please elaborate. They've installed my bolt ons and dyno tunes my mustang and have been nothing but cool dudes. They have a lot of cars in the shop ranging from motor swaps, complete rebuilds, installing FI in mustangs. As I mentioned I'm goin Whipple and most likely going through them for install. They are passionate about what they do and are nice/genuine guys. Also like I said they're new to me, and chatting with them they said they recently bought the place out from the previous owner, them being Matt and Al, so it's possible your story pre dates the new management and experience. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That being said I wouldn't mind anecdotal evidence from other people.
My experience was last summer. If it is under new ownership, then perhaps they might be better now.

OP
OP

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lund Racing through Lethal Performance is always a winning combination. You can't go wrong with this setup. Lund Racing tunes all of our cars and has for the last 6+ years with excellent success.

If you have any other questions or need assistance please feel free to give us a call and we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks, Jared
Thanks! Your shop has nothing but stellar reviews. I will be giving you a call early next month.

OP
OP

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since you're a ditch-digger (I'm Air Force so shot's fired!) you have access to an auto-hobby shop on post. From everything I've read you can do a procharger install in 5-6 hours. If you know buddies with mechanical skills I'm sure you could finish this project in a day with no problems.

Beefcake (and others) have awesome PC packages and can custom tailor it to your needs. They also come with Lund custom tunes so you can get on the road or dyno, do some data-logging, and then update your tune as required.
Oh for sure, I actually planned on getting a mechanic friend of mine and do the install myself. I was more concerned with the remote tuning aspect.
Sponsored