Sponsored

AAD Performance: Rear Toe Links, Camber Links, and Vertical Links, VERY NICE!!

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Did either of you replace your own (i.e. do it on your own) rear toe arm bushings?
I heard today that these can be real monsters to remove, the bushing from the arm.
Either of you have trouble with this, if so, what was the solution?
I just replaced mine this past week end myself.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Did either of you replace your own (i.e. do it on your own) rear toe arm bushings?
I heard today that these can be real monsters to remove, the bushing from the arm.
Either of you have trouble with this, if so, what was the solution?
On my rear LCA inboard bushing I took my LCA off and took it to a shop with a press. I could not find large enough adapter to press them out. And I did try.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
These guys do have a different take on adjustability, that’s for sure.

Sponsored

Massih408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT PP
Would love to here a review from OP on how he like the parts. Looking at the AAD Camber arm myself

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Would love to here a review from OP on how he like the parts. Looking at the AAD Camber arm myself
No problem. The AAD camber arms, Toe Links, vertical stabilizers are top quality. The first thing I noticed was the rear end popping I guess from my BMR stuff stopped after I replaced the BMR with the AAD parts. I did go to the dodge dealer to have my alignment done, due to at that time, Dodge was the only ones use to adjusting the AAD tabs. If I was a track guy, you could actually adjust your toes, cambers if nessasary, at the track. Because to adjust the alignment, they use tabs. So I wrote down in my log book what tabs are in what location. And to make adjustments, all I would have to do is, just switch out the tabs for the track conditions for track racing, then put the normal street tabs back in and walla, your alignment is back to street perfect. The bushings they use are top notch and do not stick, pop or squeek during hard turns or bumps. I love them. Hope that helps. Note. I also I stalled their lock out plates to prevent any movement from the camber and toe except for when you swap out the alignment tabs. Good luck

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
S550 5.0 2.9L Whipple AAD Drag Pak
No problem. The AAD camber arms, Toe Links, vertical stabilizers are top quality. The first thing I noticed was the rear end popping I guess from my BMR stuff stopped after I replaced the BMR with the AAD parts. I did go to the dodge dealer to have my alignment done, due to at that time, Dodge was the only ones use to adjusting the AAD tabs. If I was a track guy, you could actually adjust your toes, cambers if nessasary, at the track. Because to adjust the alignment, they use tabs. So I wrote down in my log book what tabs are in what location. And to make adjustments, all I would have to do is, just switch out the tabs for the track conditions for track racing, then put the normal street tabs back in and walla, your alignment is back to street perfect. The bushings they use are top notch and do not stick, pop or squeek during hard turns or bumps. I love them. Hope that helps. Note. I also I stalled their lock out plates to prevent any movement from the camber and toe except for when you swap out the alignment tabs. Good luck
Glad to hear you’re still enjoying the parts!

On the alignment stuff, since we’re still a relatively small player in the mustang market it’ll take some time for mustang prominent shops to get used to our adjustment system. But like we recommended to Doug, just about every major dodge dealer has experience with our parts, if they’re not willing to work with you; give us a call or have your alignment tech give us a call. We’re happy to help!

-Graham

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I had all three (toe links, vertical links, camber arms). Everything is made very well, looks great, and is relatively easy to install. The fit is great. They are significantly lighter weight as well. I've run countless events on mine, and no noises from them. Solid parts all around.

The only downfall I found. The toe links really should remain threaded instead of a key/tab. The key/tab won't allow you to dial your toe EXACTLY where you want it. For street purposes, it's never going to be an issue. But if you are a perfectionist, or spend a lot of time at the track, go with something like J&M or the like. You will hit the exact toe you want, and once you have adjusted the toe once or twice, you can easily change toe with repeatability.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
I have the AAD camber links and swapped them in when upgrading my car to HP rear springs and BMR CB005 kit. Seeing how difficult camber was to adjust in the rear and with most aftermarket designs putting a threaded adjustment in bending I ordered AAD arms while the car was apart. I bought a complete set of tabs and used a popular, local race shop that builds HPDE/TT/W2W cars. We found each tab size moved rear camber about .15*. I measured this in my garage when doing rough adjustments and they found about the same. If you explain the system to the guys doing the work ahead of time there won't be a surprise and you shouldn't have any issues. The locking tab design is genius.

Their tech support is great and put up with my dumb questions after I'd been up for 16 hours straight.

Last edited:

Massih408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT PP
Thanks I ordered and installed the ADD camber arms based on your feedback!

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I have the AAD camber links and swapped them in when upgrading my car to HP rear springs and BMR CB005 kit. Seeing how difficult camber was to adjust in the rear and with most aftermarket designs putting a threaded adjustment in bending I ordered AAD arms while the car was apart. I bought a complete set of tabs and used a popular, local race shop that builds HPDE/TT/W2W cars. We found each tab size moved rear camber about .15*. I measured this in my garage when doing rough adjustments and they found about the same. If you explain the system to the guys doing the work ahead of time there won't be a surprise and you shouldn't have any issues. The locking tab design is genius.

Their tech support is great and put up with my dumb questions after I'd been up for 16 hours straight.
This was my experience as well. Especially the tech support part. "We are going home at 5, so can you just text me at this number and I will get you whatever help you need". @AAD Performance is a great shop.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Just to be clear, for both toe & camber adjustments the weight needs to be off the wheel 🛞 ???
Sponsored