Sponsored

AA Spare Tire Group Buy

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Hi and I hope everybody is having a good weekend,

Just trying to see if anybody with a Performance Pack car would be interested in a potential group buy for the Automotive Authority ("AA") spare tire kit (see link below).

As you may or may not know, Ford does not offer a spare tire that clears the Brembo 6 piston calipers in the front of the Performance Pack equipped vehicles. There are several people here who DIY'd other wheels for this purpose but I believe the AA offer is the only out-of-the-box solution, sadly. It is also not cheap.

https://www.automotiveauthorityllc....-2015-2017-ford-mustang-gt-with-brembo-brakes

I have contacted AA about this and they said that they would offer a discount (depending on the number of spare tires ordered). They were not specific, so I'd need to give them a number first.

The catch is that they would send all orders to one location only. Probably not worth it unless you live within driving distance of the common location. Shipping costs might offset the discount.

I just want to get a feeler who at all would be interested in exploring this further. Maybe we could form a group (or more than one) with a common location with a reasonable driving distance for the members of that group. If you mind posting your zip code, you could also PM me and we can see if this could work in some way.

Thank you!
Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
I am interested. Hope the shipping is not to one only location as i am from PR.

Let me know.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I am interested. Hope the shipping is not to one only location as i am from PR.

Let me know.
Yeah, that's unfortunately what they said, one location only. But if there was a group of people in your area, then that could work for a group buy.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Yeah, that's unfortunately what they said, one location only. But if there was a group of people in your area, then that could work for a group buy.
Thanks for the feedback. Will have to check on the local forums.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I'm interested and I'm in the midwest so I can come pick it up if the price is reasonable.

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
I’m interested in this pursuit! NW Of CBUS OH, curious what caliber of discount we are talking about to support the logistics involved? Thanks

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I’m interested in this pursuit! NW Of CBUS OH, curious what caliber of discount we are talking about to support the logistics involved? Thanks
Same here. They wouldn't say until I provided the number of orders. 3 for the Midwest now.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Interested. Southeast Alabama.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Hi and I hope everybody is having a good weekend,

Just trying to see if anybody with a Performance Pack car would be interested in a potential group buy for the Automotive Authority ("AA") spare tire kit (see link below).

As you may or may not know, Ford does not offer a spare tire that clears the Brembo 6 piston calipers in the front of the Performance Pack equipped vehicles. There are several people here who DIY'd other wheels for this purpose but I believe the AA offer is the only out-of-the-box solution, sadly. It is also not cheap.

https://www.automotiveauthorityllc....-2015-2017-ford-mustang-gt-with-brembo-brakes

I have contacted AA about this and they said that they would offer a discount (depending on the number of spare tires ordered). They were not specific, so I'd need to give them a number first.

The catch is that they would send all orders to one location only. Probably not worth it unless you live within driving distance of the common location. Shipping costs might offset the discount.

I just want to get a feeler who at all would be interested in exploring this further. Maybe we could form a group (or more than one) with a common location with a reasonable driving distance for the members of that group. If you mind posting your zip code, you could also PM me and we can see if this could work in some way.

Thank you!
I guess I would buy a kit. When I found out after I bought my 19 PP1 that it did not come with a spare tire set up. Pissed me off. It was as bad as Ford only puting one lousy weak horn on my 19 instead of the dual horn to save $15. Keep me posted.
Doug

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Thank you for the additional posts/show of interest. I will keep collecting number of interested parties & locations for a few more weeks and then see what AA is willing to offer.

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
Is there a Target number of spares AA provided for a discount or any updates on this?

I’m purchasing a spare from AA either way, just not interested in waiting too long for a 5% discount if that makes sense.

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Is there a Target number of spares AA provided for a discount or any updates on this?

I’m purchasing a spare from AA either way, just not interested in waiting too long for a 5% discount if that makes sense.
I'm in the same position.

gw
Sponsored