Sponsored

A10 vs M6 for serious track duty EB Mustang?

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
If the car is travk dedicated there is no doubt camaro is a better performer. And pls consider now the SS1LE (that is faster than the 350) comes with the chevy 10speed. An overall better gearbox than 10speed ford.
I know you like to "win" as an engineer but the risk is you will pass all your time to nod the car to allow it to be fast and completely loose focus on the main mod. The DRIVER MOD.
My 2 cents :)
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
If the car is travk dedicated there is no doubt camaro is a better performer. And pls consider now the SS1LE (that is faster than the 350) comes with the chevy 10speed. An overall better gearbox than 10speed ford.
I know you like to "win" as an engineer but the risk is you will pass all your time to nod the car to allow it to be fast and completely loose focus on the main mod. The DRIVER MOD.
Ya, but that's only worth a few seconds a lap...

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The criteria is very simple: Driving competitively? Need the quicker tranny, which is the auto. Do you like to drive, challenge yourself to be a better driver, and be more involved with the car? Get the manual. You'd lose vs an auto, but not by much, while having more fun :).

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
The criteria is very simple: Driving competitively? Need the quicker tranny, which is the auto. Do you like to drive, challenge yourself to be a better driver, and be more involved with the car? Get the manual. You'd lose vs an auto, but not by much, while having more fun :).
It's tricky to put down a good lap while in limp mode.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Both built in Livonia, MI.

Sponsored

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
It's tricky to put down a good lap while in limp mode.
Both built in Livonia, MI.
Who's limping besides Flyhalf? I'm not and my car is the most developed A10 GT racecar here. My car only knows one thing...getting flogged!

Built in Livonia but F'ed up by Ford. The GM box has a metal pan. It has a plug on the case labeled trk and car than can be removed and an external cooler plumbed to by pass and the Ford bypass restrictor thing. But the GM is set up not to overheat because it has engineered GM coolers. It appears you keep tranny cool and it works.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Who's limping besides Flyhalf? I'm not and my car is the most developed A10 GT racecar here. My car only knows one thing...getting flogged!

Built in Livonia but F'ed up by Ford. The GM box has a metal pan. It has a plug on the case labeled trk and car than can be removed and an external cooler plumbed to by pass and the Ford bypass restrictor thing. But the GM is set up not to overheat because it has engineered GM coolers. It appears you keep tranny cool and it works.
I'm not limping :)
I'm destroying trans lol ahhaha

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold

No one said vehicle integration is easy.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
No one said vehicle integration is easy.
Sure but I'm not an engineer and I figured out how to keep my tranny cool. I also know not to use 10.9 bolts in sheet metal. I know there is no good reason to use prevailing torque fasteners in non-critical locations except to piss off mechanics. FORD! Ugh....

Sponsored
OP
OP

D K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Popemobile
Im sure we all would like to get our money back from different projects...

I agree, the Camaro 6 is a good car, but they are much more expensive than an S550.

It would make sense to me if I could get the SS 1LE for 25k, sure, but thats not the case.

I think the bauty of the S550 is that it can be had for so cheap.
The chassis geometry is all there, its just a matterof getting torque out of the thing.

I dont doubt thatt he A10 would be faster, but how much faster?
And it would only be faster as long as it worked.
Also, I have a T56 Mag XL with custom ratios already so it would be a matter of finding a bellhousing and getting a driveshaft made and thats about as fast as any synchro box is ever gonna shift.

I was real,y hoping to make a case for the automatic mor my situation and I just dont see it.
I would rather give up a half a second to know that I have dead
nuts reliability.
And then I would experiment further with a nascar style 4 speed dog box down the road.

I think the camaro is only better stock for stock. Not so sure about after mods

I don't think the A6 will work at all. The manual is a chinese gearbox and would need to be hardened at a minimum. If you go manual pick another car. The only reason to go stang is the A10. While the A10 is the best thing about the stang if I had to do it over again I'm with Flyhalf get the Camaro. I discounted it because I could not see out of it but the chassis is so much better and so is the engineering. The mustang is a faux performance car. If I could get the $50+K I have into this stang I would sell it without hesitation

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sure but I'm not an engineer and I figured out how to keep my tranny cool. I also know not to use 10.9 bolts in sheet metal. I know there is no good reason to use prevailing torque fasteners in non-critical locations except to piss off mechanics. FORD! Ugh....
You're racing a street car. It wouldn't make sense economically for Ford to build this car in full race trim for the 6 people who are actually going to race it & the 25 who will take it to track days. The Mustang has always been an 80% car. The last 20% of the car is what you make of it. Maybe that's not what you wanted?

There are very few racecars which are complete as delivered. They all need constant attention to run well. If you really want a car that is 100% ready to hit the track from day 1 and is absurdly reliable, you want to get a Porsche GT Cup car. There's really nothing in the genre that can match them and they're bloody quick as well.

If a new one isn't in the cards, then older 997.1 or 997.2's are still great cars and worth a look.

OP
OP

D K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Popemobile
Where did I say I expect a turn key race car out of the showroom?

On the contrary.....

I am looking to see if an auto car can be 'built' to
A) handle road course duty, and
B) perform properly as far as the transmission is concerned

If it needs to be modified, tuned, built, cooled - Im ok with that. What I'm not ok with is doing all that and have the trans still feel like crap.

If I don't get the info that I like, then I will take my Mag XL and use that instead.
I'm just looking for answers.

You're racing a street car. It wouldn't make sense economically for Ford to build this car in full race trim for the 6 people who are actually going to race it & the 25 who will take it to track days. The Mustang has always been an 80% car. The last 20% of the car is what you make of it. Maybe that's not what you wanted?

There are very few racecars which are complete as delivered. They all need constant attention to run well. If you really want a car that is 100% ready to hit the track from day 1 and is absurdly reliable, you want to get a Porsche GT Cup car. There's really nothing in the genre that can match them and they're bloody quick as well.

If a new one isn't in the cards, then older 997.1 or 997.2's are still great cars and worth a look.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)