A10 Swap in 19 Bullitt

Discussion in 'Transmission & Drivetrain' started by revinto7, Sep 8, 2019.

1. revinto7

revinto7 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
    0   0   0
    Looking to swap the A10 into my 19 Bullitt what is needed ..can it be done ..

2. el-guapin

el-guapin Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    19 Bullitt
    0   0   0
    It can most certainly be done. It will be hella expensive!!.. How deep are your pockets!

3. OP
    OP
    revinto7

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    Deep like the OCEAN!!! LOL

4. Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    Look on eBay - you can get the entire “swap” which includes the 10R80, shifter mechanism, proper harnesses, driveshaft, plus applicable trans modules. Not sure if the pedal set is included but you will need that as well.

Once you get the hardware swap completed you will then need to do multiple software updates to the vehicle.

Oh and if you’re doing it - document it here with pics and the process, it will surely benefit others.

crimson_crowd_eater likes this.
  5. GW65

GW65 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Gary
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT auto convertible
    0   0   0
    Is this one of those cases where it may be easier to start with an A10 GT and respray and add parts to turn into a Bullitt-alike? Cosmetic stuff is usually a lot less potential grief than electronics....

Bald Menace likes this.
  6. Bikeman315

Bikeman315 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ira
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT/CS
    Retired
    0   0   0
    OP indicates that he already has a real Bullitt so for him it might be easier to swap out the tranny. Honestly I wonder why someone hasn’t already done this. The only thing that kept me out of one was the 6 speed, bad knee. I’m sure there are others. Building a fake Bullitt just wouldn’t be the same.

7. BlackandBlue

BlackandBlue Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT 10 Gear
    0   0   0
    The cutting edge is the bleeding edge. It can be done.

It will cost you a pound of flesh though. Very interested to see a write up.

8. OP
    OP
    revinto7

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    I Have an 18 301A A10 PP royal crimson with 1200 miles -And I went and bought a Bullitt love the color and its loaded but my left foot and leg are bothering me i Have Diabetes and my foot gets numb i cant feel the clutch on bad days it feels like i have ICY HoT muscle rub on my foot . I only have this car a month it pisses me off i would not have bought it if i knew the clutch was going to bother me this bad have not had a manual in 5 years so i had no idea untill i drove it for an hour or 2 for first week ..267 miles on it now i can only drive it 25 -30 min at a time and im not taking a 10k loss on a new car !!!

9. Bikeman315

Bikeman315 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ira
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT/CS
    Retired
    0   0   0
    I feel your pain, both figuratively and literally. I test drove one and found the clutch relatively light but after a short time realized that I just couldn’t do it. You might want to checkout the Steeda clutch spring. Many here on the forum swear by it. Good luck.
    https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-7022-s550-clutch-spring

10. OP
    OP
    revinto7

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    i appreciate it . Its not a heavy clutch thats not the problem its the burning and numbness ,i actually tryed to see if the dealer would take the car back with a 2500$ loss with only 34 miles on the car the next day but they were like nope we will give you 44k I almost drove it through the showroom . If my I had someone to take care of my Dog i would have !!!

11. 1MeanZ

1MeanZ Member

First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    You're going to have more than $10k in a trans swap. Taking it back to the dealer will be the cheapest option.

2015 Silver GT likes this.
  12. cosmic charlie

cosmic charlie Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
    0   0   0
    I hear your pain, but jeez Steve Mcqueen is probably rolling over in his grave. Automatic? Man!

WildHorse likes this.
  13. Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
  14. OP
    OP
    revinto7

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    The way they should have OFFERED it . Now it will atleast be fast !!!! and Different !!

15. Bear_Stang

Bear_Stang Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    (SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
    Education
    0   0   0
    I am sorry that the car is not working out for you. I am also excited to see what Frankenstein monster comes out of this. But I do not think it should ever be offered in auto #McQueen

16. OP
    OP
    revinto7

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    I was so disgusted today with lack of good shops to do it that I Decided today to sell it or trade it in .most likely on a bmw M240ix or somthing along those lines i am still looking at my options ..I would have gone thorough with it But i am tired and stressed out from this car ,I now have a decent payment on somthing im not driving and i cant justify keeping a car im not using just to have it /actually more like not Enjoying !!!

17. Bear_Stang

Vehicle(s):
    (SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
    Education
    0   0   0
    I would offer to trade up to / buy yours for magnaride, but I already have 2.7k on mine and... I really want to see the 3H build through.

As for the tranny work, did your ford place refuse to drop one in? I know it is more involved that that, but I would think that they would try to at least work with you on this. Especially if you are willing to pay the 10k to toss the A-10 in. Hell it should be even easier for them as they can order a new A-10 direct. You could then flip the mt-82 for about 3k-4k on ebay.
    https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/new-transmissions/automatic-transmission-assy-6485679-1

18. OP
    OP
    revinto7

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    yours doesnt have magneride ...i thought all the bullitts had magneride ,thought only option was recaros which in my opinion is a step back as you loose heated and cooled seats and 3 memory and power adjustable .. not to mention at 6'1 215 pound with a god size lats i do not fit well as others have mentioned !!!

19. Bear_Stang

Vehicle(s):
    Education
    0   0   0
    They come equipped like a premium packaged pp1. Magnaride & Bullitt Electronics are optional. Both may as well have been standard because most car dealers only carried a maxed out version. The closest dealer that even had a bullitt was 150miles away, and my dealer had to trade a gt350 to get them to let go of it. I requested non-magna because I worried about the upkeep of the tech past 10 years. Especially as the sensors are hard mounted to... everything!

Since I was coming from a focus I did not think that the loss of magna would be a horrible thing. I should have test drove the actual vehicle on some farm roads before accepting delivery, but...

IT WAS SOOO PRETTY. I was blinded by how beautiful it was (is).

The salesman was yapping on about this and that and all I could think was, "These fools gave ME a stang; I need to sneak out the back before they realize what they have done."

Bikeman315 likes this.
  20. Brazos609

Brazos609 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
    0   0   0
    Your cheapest option might be a lyrica prescription but if you get the A10 swap kit for $5k I would estimate $1.5-2k for labor and incidentals.