A10 Coming Out of Gear and Not Going Back Into the Next

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
I had no idea what to title this but I have an odd problem.
My car is a 2019 GT A10 300A, I did the Sync 3 upgrade and now have active modes. The car is tuned by Palm Beach Dyno and that's the only real performance mod.
Upon WOT the car will shift and come out of gear but not go into the next and instead of bogging it revs past 8k RPM much like if you had a manual car and didn't lift off the clutch. The car has no codes. I sent a log to PBD and got a revision but it didn't help. It does not do it every time. I am usually in Sport+ or Track mode. Is this how the traction control and advance trac work? If so that's not how it was untuned.
Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a mechanical issue like clutches or valve body?

Snip of Log19.PNG
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like PBD messed up some torque tables.. again. But for S&G's try a WOT in 'D'.

OP
OP
Exhausted

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
Can you explain? I don’t know what that would be?

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I'm not sure not sure how the traction control changes when you do that upgrade. But as far as I know, on base model cars, you need to unplug the plug by the air box to fully disable TC. On premium cars or cars with factory drive modes, you have to disable the advanced track through the toggles.

Are you just stomping the gas and then it fails to up shift? Manually down shifting and up shifting?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
an you explain? I don’t know what that would be?
Put it in drive and go wide open throttle from say 40 mph. But don't kill yourself in the process. it should go through all the gears and it will shift at about 7500 rpm. If it does, the PBD messed up some tables.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
From the sounds of your concern, are we to assume all was well before the tune? If so, then the issue lies with the Tuner and the tune they provided to you. Seems they need to look deeper and provide you with another revision.

OP
OP
Exhausted

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
Put it in drive and go wide open throttle from say 40 mph. But don't kill yourself in the process. it should go through all the gears and it will shift at about 7500 rpm. If it does, the PBD messed up some tables.
Okay I will give that a try once the weather is better here.

OP
OP
Exhausted

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
From the sounds of your concern, are we to assume all was well before the tune? If so, then the issue lies with the Tuner and the tune they provided to you. Seems they need to look deeper and provide you with another revision.
yeah it never did this before the tune.

Wipple coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt wippled
I had no idea what to title this but I have an odd problem.
My car is a 2019 GT A10 300A, I did the Sync 3 upgrade and now have active modes. The car is tuned by Palm Beach Dyno and that's the only real performance mod.
Upon WOT the car will shift and come out of gear but not go into the next and instead of bogging it revs past 8k RPM much like if you had a manual car and didn't lift off the clutch. The car has no codes. I sent a log to PBD and got a revision but it didn't help. It does not do it every time. I am usually in Sport+ or Track mode. Is this how the traction control and advance trac work? If so that's not how it was untuned.
Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a mechanical issue like clutches or valve body?

Snip of Log19.PNG
It happen to my 2016 6r80 6 speed and now my tranny is finished it was tuned by lund tunes. I am so disappointed with this cant find anyone to help repair this issue. So good luck if I find out more I will let you know. And please do the same.

OP
OP
Exhausted

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
It happen to my 2016 6r80 6 speed and now my tranny is finished it was tuned by lund tunes. I am so disappointed with this cant find anyone to help repair this issue. So good luck if I find out more I will let you know. And please do the same.
Honestly I am probably just going to put it back to stock tune.

Sponsored

Wipple coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt wippled
I was gonna do the same until I found the answer. A company by the name LPF LIMITLESS PERFORMANCE AND FABRICATIONS. I priced locally and they will never get another rebuild on a tranny. These guys have been ripping me off for years. They said they cant do upgrades they would have to go back stock. I am pushing close to 700hp on 93 octane. Contacted LPF to see how much it would cost for them to upgrade. They said if I ship the tranny to them they can do it for $1800. The kit is good for up to 400 to 1000 hp. This local tranny shop wanted $4500 to rebuild.
LPF Also said that the code POAA is the shaft spline for E element. That's the part of the upgrade and they specialize in rebuilding only the sr80 and the sr10 for mustangs. So mustangs is there specialty. Tunes and much more.
Hope this helped good luck.

Wipple coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt wippled
I was gonna do the same until I found the answer. A company by the name LPF LIMITLESS PERFORMANCE AND FABRICATIONS. I priced locally and they will never get another rebuild on a tranny. These guys have been ripping me off for years. They said they cant do upgrades they would have to go back stock. I am pushing close to 700hp on 93 octane. Contacted LPF to see how much it would cost for them to upgrade. They said if I ship the tranny to them they can do it for $1800. The kit is good for up to 400 to 1000 hp. This local tranny shop wanted $4500 to rebuild.
LPF Also said that the code POAA is the shaft spline for E element. That's the part of the upgrade and they specialize in rebuilding only the sr80 and the sr10 for mustangs. So mustangs is there specialty. Tunes and much more.
Hope this helped good luck.
Also be sure that advanced traction is off and run it in sport+ dont touch the paddles or it wont shift until you up shift

Wylie C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Try drag strip mode it shouldn't lift at all when shifting.

OP
OP
Exhausted

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
Oh I forgot to mention when using the paddles I will upshift and it won’t actually shift, it will bounce off the rev limiter on the 2-3 or 3-4

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase