Sponsored

A year in the UK. My story.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Hi Mustang people, my name is ‘The Beast’ and I am a 2015 Mustang GT finished in Competition Orange.

So my owner left his laptop in me and I jumped on the chance to ‘sign in’ and take a look around and found myself on this cool website and forum. Hopefully some of my cousins back home will take a look and see that its ‘ok’ for us Stangs that have found ourselves living in ‘Ole Blighty’

I have heard my owner [MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION] talk several times about writing a review of his year owning me but I don’t think he will get round to it so I thought ‘hey, why don’t I do it but write a review from the cars perspective?’

So, I was built back in September 15 and rolled of the production line in Flat Rock USA proud of my lovely orange paintwork but I soon realised something was wrong. As I looked around at the cars and trucks around me I saw them sneering, some of the openly laughing and pointing. At first I thought that maybe I had some bird shit on my hood but there was nothing. I looked in my driver side rear view to see if there was anything wrong down my flanks but again, nothing, all was well.

As I looked in the passenger side rear view, another new Mustang pulled into view and I realised they were laughing at him too but they seemed to be laughing even more. Then I heard they comments.

“Lost a few cylinders honey” called out a bright red glossy Ford Ranger

“Hey what’s with your fat mirrors tango?” shouted a Silver 2015 Mustang at me

I hear another couple of stangs sitting in a parking lot talking

“Shite, they really do have the steering wheel on the wrong side, thats just plain wrong man”

So, I had been born into a world where it seems other cars are just gonna take the piss all the time. As my driver parked my up that night I felt pretty lonely and a little confused.

It was not until the daylight of the next day that I started to chirp up a bit. As the warmth of the sun shone down on my hood I noticed that there were plenty of cars parked around me with the same mirrors and with the steering wheel on the wrong side. Soon a DIB GT parked up next to me. I got talking to him and asked if he knew why we were ‘different’

“What you don’t know?” he asked “We are special dude, we are going to the UK. We are being exported. The first Mustangs ever to be made for the European market and us lucky sods are going to the UK.”

“But what’s with the steering wheel” I asked

He laughed as he told me “They drive on the wrong side of the road dude”

I was nervous but excited. I knew that the Mustang was well loved in my home country but in the UK, the land of the hatchback and diesel cars? I did not know how we would be accepted. A black vert about 3 cars to my right was spending his time telling us how there would likely be demos against us and we would spend most the time gathering dust in peoples garages. I was starting to feel more nervous than excited.

I was getting frustrated now! I was one of the first UK bound Mustangs to roll off the production line but here I was still stuck on this parking lot 3 weeks later. There seemed to be no method applied to shipping the cars out. The drivers seemed to aimlessly walk around scratching their heads before jumping in a Mustang and driving it off. I saw cars that were built much later than me come and go while I had not even moved a wheel. I just hoped that my owner was being fully updated on what’s going on. Finally, one day I was moved and put on a train ride to the docks.

There was more waiting at the docks before finally I found myself parked on the ship ‘The Dehli Highway’ and Europe bound

I soon found myself in Zeebrugge and the frustration of being dumped for so long in the US was a distant memory as I was literally rushed through.

There was this weird thing where I had a couple of squirts of underseal put on. I have no idea why? It was not enough to do any good. And then, within 24 hours, I was on a boat bound for Southampton, UK.

I arrived in Southampton on the Saturday and by Tuesday evening I was on a transporter ready to go to the dealer. I was within days of meeting my owner

As my truck rolled into the dealership on a cold and wet Wednesday morning, I wonder how long it would be before I would meet he or she, the owner. I soon realised it would not be long as a rather excitable salesman was stood there waiting for me to come off.

As soon as I hit the road he was walking around me, checking me over. My heart missed a beat as I hear him say “This one is going out today” while handing me over to a technician and I was driven through to the workshop.

I started worrying at this time about my fuel. I had been shunted around a fair bit and I was running pretty low, Sure enough I ran out and my Coyote engine coughed. Spluttered and stopped.

I soon had a gallon put in me and I was up and running again but, I just didn’t feel quite right somehow.

I was delighted when I had my number plates put on as they left the horrible black mounting brackets off “Request from the owner” I overheard someone saying.

Before long I was cleaned up and parked on prime position outside the showroom waiting for him to arrive.

I cant have been sat there more than ten minutes or so before he turned up, with his Mrs. The look on his face when he saw me was a show to behold. It was love at first sight and I mean both ways. I immediately had a connection with him. I saw him taking in every line, every crease in my body, little details that some people don’t take in. He gently ran his figures down my flanks. I could tell that he didn’t ‘want’ to touch me but he ‘needed’ to.

He went into the showroom to see the salesman and ‘do the paperwork’ I waited eager to be away and gone with my owner but I knew it was not going to be that simple.

About 20 minutes later he was walking round me with the sales guy. I could tell that ‘Steve’ was keen to get away but I knew it was not going to be that simple.

Finally the time came and the salesman told Steve to start me up. My Coyote fired up but I just could not get enough fuel through. I was running like a bag of nails. Luckily the gas station was next door and down hill and Steve managed to get me moving and we rolled down to gas up.

The sales guy put around 20 of your English pound in but it was no different and we had to drive back to the workshop. The workshop manager came out and had a look but you could see he did not really know what to do and he told Steve it would have to stay there and they would look in the morning at what was wrong.

Steve said “You gotta be kidding me, I have waited near on two years for this bloody car, can you not look at it tonight”

Somehow the message got through and he agreed to see what they could do. The sales guy to Steve back to his workplace and I was left ticking over outdoors, feeling pretty upset.

Things soon improved. The workshop guys got on to Ford and the explained that a few Mustangs had done this with the same issue and we just need to be left ticking over for ten minutes or so and sure enough I soon started feeling better. The workshop manager took me for a drive and I was fine, next thing the sales guy filled me with fuel and was soon taking me to Steves place and finally I was handed over.

Oh the joy I felt as Steve, his sons, and all his work mates came out to see me, talk about being centre of attention, it was amazing.

Soon Steve’s boys climbed into my back seat and Steve behind my wheel to take the sales guy back. Woo hoo, did Steve give me a boot full as we left his work, I just knew then that he and I were gonna get on just fine as my silly P Zeros were pathetically trying to find some tracking as we snaked our way up the hill.

Oh hell! Steve's coming for his lap top. Gonna have to shut down!
Sponsored

Last edited:

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
I cant have been sat there more than ten minutes or so before he turned up, with his Mrs. The look on his face when he saw me was a show to behold. It was love at first sight and I mean both ways. I immediately had a connection with him. I saw him taking in every line, every crease in my body, little details that some people don’t take in. He gently ran his figures down my flanks. I could tell that he didn’t ‘want’ to touch me, he ‘needed’ to.
Steve, I think your car has been reading to much erotic fiction :lol:

edit: My baby can't come soon enough. Spending all of May in Nepal and presumption is that it'll arrive at the dealership beginning of May.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
nice :D

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Sweet Steve i mean Beast all the best in 2017

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This is frickin genius Steve, love it! Got some major talent mate :cheers:

Look forward to the real review ;)

Sponsored

Mr Wibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT550
I think the OP just won the post of the year 2016 award.

Had me in stitches

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
I think the OP has been at the Christmas Sherry Trifle :lol:

Keep drinking, I mean writing Steve, very entertaining (PS, any topless shots :D)

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!

Keep drinking, I mean writing Steve, very entertaining (PS, any topless shots :D)
Nothing to do with me mate! Modern cars just get cleverer all the time. Its scary!

I may take up the story myself tomorrow. Depending on how tonight goes!

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible

Ruby hopes to see The Beast again in 2017 and wishes him a Happy New Year and for my friend George (Priscilla is obviously too much of a lady!!)

Forum_1.jpg

Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Genius lol
Sponsored