A tree downloaded a rotten limb on my 2019 GT350

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
I guess it depends on the state as to your rights. In California we can choose who does the work.

Our local Ford dealership has a very good body shop with good talent, some have been there for 25+ years. They work on anything just like any other body shop.
Fred, please share the company name, is it Jim Burke?

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Can you do dent removal on aluminum?
Yes, I do have a small dent on the aluminum hood (left side as all other damage). It's another reason that I wonder about GM body shops?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I called Jake from State Farm who said I need to take the car to my local body shop (it was a Chevy shop). Jake doesn't have insurance adjusters anymore as they hired Aaron Rogers (Packer's QB) to sell us lower service for higher premiums.

2019GT350.jpg

No claims in 10+ years. Yet, I have to go to a Chevy dealer to fix my GT350 car?

No local dealer? Maybe not is sandy springs, damn sure not far from. I'd question that, not an expert for sure. But I would phone the state insurance guru's office and ask some questions.

I seem to remember GA has some legislation in place. That allows the insured some say & control as to where he can take HIS car for work.

The damage does not as describe sound bad.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I cannot stress enough that you want the right PDR guy to do it right the first time. After a botched or not done well repair is done, it is almost impossible to fix after that.

You wouldn't want the local Ford dealership working on it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
No local dealer?

I seem to remember GA has some legislation in place. That allows the insured some say & control as to where he can take HIS car for work.

The damage does not as describe sound bad.
It's not really very bad, yet it is a big deal in the GT350. No legislation is here.

My local Ford dealer does no body work and is more interested in service issues at 30,000 miles (my car has 5,000 miles).

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Can you do paintless dent removal on aluminum?
...aluminum was the main reason I got rid of my Scat Pack Challenger;
Aluminum Hood.............
Didn't drive the car much, but here in the mountains, you can
get in some pretty serious hail storms.
I would have never driven the car in inclement weather, but when you get caught out.....:frown:

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
...aluminum was the main reason I got rid of my Scat Pack Challenger;
Aluminum Hood....

I'd like to add that I pay $10,000 per year to Jake, The State Farm Guy.

I own a house and an umbrella policy and 3 cars. They are way too expensive as I consider the lack of service for my small claim.

I am glad that my car was not stolen or my house didn't burn down. I'd be up the creek with no paddle.

Last edited:

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K2498; 2014 M-B SLK350; 2010 Maxima SV;
Can you do paintless dent removal on aluminum?
A local auto body repair shop supervisor told me that repairing aluminum parts presented a challenge, based on the severity of the dent, that could make an undetectable repair difficult to perform.

To illustrate his point, he said to consider a new sheet of aluminum foil, totally unblemished off the roll, but then used by handling, folding, or crumpling. However, trying to restore it to its pristine, original condition is nearly impossible without leaving any evidence (wrinkles, creases, etc.) of use/damage.

To avoid any problem, he said the best course of action, based on the nature of the dent, is to effect repair by replacement of the damaged aluminum part in question.

I have no knowledge or experience with auto body repair practices, so I don't know if his analogy was relevant or truthful, but it made it clear in my mind why removing dents from aluminum parts would not always be possible to restore the part to its original condition without evidence of repair.

Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I called Jake from State Farm who said I need to take the car to my local body shop (it was a Chevy shop). Jake doesn't have insurance adjusters anymore as they hired Aaron Rogers (Packer's QB) to sell us lower service for higher premiums.

2019GT350.jpg

No claims in 10+ years. Yet, I have to go to a Chevy dealer to fix my GT350 car?
You can go to any body shop for repairs.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
This happened two months after I bought my car. I turned around and walked into the garage and heard a limb hit the car. I called my insurance company and was told to get an estimate. I went to a local body shop and they buffed it out. They did it for free while I watched. From the pictures it looked like it was dented. You can see the after picture and no evidence of the damage.
FB4F46FB-CABD-49EF-9A36-1007A55E2A00.jpeg
095C7202-956A-4F7B-A431-94ACEEED74F8.jpeg
B14A141F-0D63-499A-946B-CE04B87071F9.jpeg
290D332F-4B5E-4C9E-AD39-DB4743684424.png

Tree was gone shortly there after.

Last edited:

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
..had I known about the aluminum hood, I probably would not
have bought the Challenger (love that shaker).

However, I was thankful for the overpriced used car market (mark-up).
I was able to get more for the Challenger by selling it and
buying another Mustang.
I'm happy........................................:like::clap::rockon::crazy:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I have to go to a Chevy dealer to fix my GT350 car?
Is the PPG paint that Chevy mechanics use different than the PPG paint that Ford mechanics use?

For mechanical work I could see this as being an issue. For body work, paint is paint.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
You have to get the right paint codes, to get the proper mix. I don’t think a Chevy place can get access to Ford paint codes. I scraped the LFG a while back, Koons in Falls Church fixed it and he told me that that were two codes for LFG and he had to look at my VIN and production date to get the right one.
Sponsored