Sponsored

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
OP if it makes you feel any better my father in law let his 911 turbo roll out of the garage into his brick mailbox because he didnt set the parking brake well enough cause he didnt want to "yank on it too hard"
sounds like something a porsche owner would say. hehe

BigBro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Wow that sucks!! My buddy had the same exact incident with his M3. However my GT350 when I bought it wrecked looked like this one but now its back to 100. Hope you get yours back to 100% soon.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
I was hanging out at my Dads house in the early 2000's, my Dad had just bought a Z4 and I guess came inside to read the manual since it had so many features. A while later he's screaming to see which one of us kids (I was an adult) F'd with his car... He forget to set the parking brake, somehow the car got enough momentum from the semi-flat driveway to roll up a few feet of uphill slope, then a few hundred feet down a hill through scrub oak and into his newly installed fishing pond. He ended up getting a body kit which insurance installed and painted for "free".

That situation always sits in my mind, to the point I will wake up and run downstairs to check my parking brake sometimes, it's happened to me for almost 20 years regardless of which manual car I've owned.
Had a VERY similar experience. I'm scarred for life lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP

feeny1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'21 Canyon Denali LB, ‘19 ATS-V
Well my body shop finally got around to beginning the repair. They are sitting at $35k parts and labor to fix her. It’s all cosmetic damage. The structure is still solid. Who knows how long it’s going to take for them to get the job done. I have no idea how available or not the parts are going to be. I am still planning on selling her once she’s fixed, but that is probably still a couple months away.

One thing I did notice when I looked at it on the lift was how uneven the rear tires are wearing. It’s almost like there’s too much camber on the rear. The insides are much more worn than the outsides of the tread, and the rear tires are definitely at end of use.

Is this common on the GT350s? I have never had the car aligned, so it’s still sitting how it came out of the factory.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. You centered the tree

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
Well my body shop finally got around to beginning the repair. They are sitting at $35k parts and labor to fix her. It’s all cosmetic damage. The structure is still solid. Who knows how long it’s going to take for them to get the job done. I have no idea how available or not the parts are going to be. I am still planning on selling her once she’s fixed, but that is probably still a couple months away.

One thing I did notice when I looked at it on the lift was how uneven the rear tires are wearing. It’s almost like there’s too much camber on the rear. The insides are much more worn than the outsides of the tread, and the rear tires are definitely at end of use.

Is this common on the GT350s? I have never had the car aligned, so it’s still sitting how it came out of the factory.
All cosmetic damage? Who told you that and why did you believe? lol

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The upper inner fender rails and front towers were not damaged at all? Usually the upper rails will buckle from hitting a stationary object.

Has the body shop removed any parts off the front end yet?

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
The upper inner fender rails and front towers were not damaged at all? Usually the upper rails will buckle from hitting a stationary object.

Has the body shop removed any parts off the front end yet?
The frame rails came closer together for sure. Impossible they did not.

Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1

Thanks for sharing your unfortunate experience with us. I'm amazed how some people can not be understanding to a fellow Mustang enthausist. Best of luck selling her after she's repaired.

OP
OP

feeny1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'21 Canyon Denali LB, ‘19 ATS-V
All the damage on the front end is in the crumple zone area. The front frame rails definitely bent, but all the bent metal is in front of the repair point on the rails, so the structure is still intact and square. The guy at the body shop actually showed me where the repair lines or cut lines are on the frame rails, and everything that’s damaged is in front of that. When I said cosmetic damage only, that’s just to say there was no unibody or suspension structure damage.

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

The stock alignment will cord the inner tread by about 10k miles.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Easy fix. If it wasn't running , the air bags should not have gone off.

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
I had a similar but opposite brain fart in the parking lot of a home depot, accidentally let the clutch out hard on startup without taking it out of first gear, the E brake kept my car from slamming into the truck in front of me. Lucky nothing happened but a close call does not feel good
Sponsored