Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
If I had done something as boneheaded as this I sure as hell would not have publicized it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

feeny1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'21 Canyon Denali LB, ‘19 ATS-V
The hill was pretty steep, and my house is up the hill and across the street. Both myself and the body shop guesstimate the speed at impact of 30-35 mph. No broken glass, no airbag deployment. Doors open and close perfectly and still line up with the fenders. I was actually quite amazed at how well she held together. As a test, I sat in my truck in the garage, put it in neutral, and took my foot off the brake. My truck was at 10mph before the front tires hit the street, and the grassy hill is twice as steep as my driveway. I wanted to post about the accident here because once she is fixed I will be getting rid of the car and didn’t want some unsuspecting buyer to be oblivious to what was damaged.

956B429E-9650-40CB-BBC6-B9E570E5986D.jpeg

32456EB1-BA67-427B-927A-8D64848EA4AE.jpeg

D58E3AE3-47C8-4E47-A19A-555945121BE2.jpeg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Some of you crack me up...🤣😁

An investigation???? Into what? A vehicle rolling out of an inclined driveway, jumping a ramped curb, then rolling with momentum down a steep grade into an immovable object??

LMFAO... the conspiracies.... jeez.

The car picked up speed as it went - it plowed into a tree that isn't going to give... the tracks on the grass line up for you NHTSA Crash Investigators that need glasses.... LOL

Holy hell... guy posts his misfortune and everyone thinks there's some hidden agenda.

No one is going to wreck a car like that on purpose in front of their own home to collect Ins $$$ when the private AND retail market on it can get more $$$ undamaged.

😅🤣😂😅🤣 - must've been Godzilla grabbed the car and was making vroom, vroom noises and smacked it against the tree... yea... that's it...😅🤣😂😅🤣

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The hill was pretty steep, and my house is up the hill and across the street. Both myself and the body shop guesstimate the speed at impact of 30-35 mph. No broken glass, no airbag deployment. Doors open and close perfectly and still line up with the fenders. I was actually quite amazed at how well she held together. As a test, I sat in my truck in the garage, put it in neutral, and took my foot off the brake. My truck was at 10mph before the front tires hit the street, and the grassy hill is twice as steep as my driveway. I wanted to post about the accident here because once she is fixed I will be getting rid of the car and didn’t want some unsuspecting buyer to be oblivious to what was damaged.

956B429E-9650-40CB-BBC6-B9E570E5986D.jpeg

32456EB1-BA67-427B-927A-8D64848EA4AE.jpeg

D58E3AE3-47C8-4E47-A19A-555945121BE2.jpeg
If I had done something as boneheaded as this I sure as hell would not have publicized it.
I think it’s very nice of the op to give everyone a heads up. We all screw up once in a while.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Not directed at the OP but LOL at some of you high and mighty. Just because I don't agree with YOUR opinion, or accept things at face value, doesn't make me a clown. Grow up, Sparky.

Yes, an investigation.

Many insurance companies will issue an investigation if the car is a total loss due to the insured's negligence. The OP himself stated he left it in neutral so it isn't some grand conspiracy. This was more of a showcase of what happened and not who is right or wrong.

Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Could have been MUCH worse if a car or person was in the road when this went on its joy ride. No one was hurt. Car can be repaired.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
@feeny1701 why do you want to get rid of the car after fixing her?
I can understand if that what you wanted before the accident. I hope you don't want to sell her just because of this.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I think it’s very nice of the op to give everyone a heads up. We all screw up once in a while.
I have done many boneheaded things in my life. My point is I just don’t tell people across the Internet about them.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
It’s going to be hard to get the parts. He’s going to need lots of them. The carbon fiber composite front component being one that’s hard to get. Insurance may just write a totaled check for it. The parts and labor on this, will be over 20k.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. My Focus RS was rear ended a couple years ago by some douche with no insurance. I was stopped at a light and he was probably doing 30-40 mph when he hit me. Final repair bill was $23k and the insurance wouldn't total it. There was a lot of structural damage that involved a lot of cutting and welding. I was pissed but sold it before I even got it back from the body shop and cancelled the insurance. They said for them to total it, the cost of repair would've needed to be more than 100% of the cars value.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
With today's used prices they are repairing cars that previously would have been totaled.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I wouldn't be so sure about that. My Focus RS was rear ended a couple years ago by some douche with no insurance. I was stopped at a light and he was probably doing 30-40 mph when he hit me. Final repair bill was $23k and the insurance wouldn't total it. There was a lot of structural damage that involved a lot of cutting and welding. I was pissed but sold it before I even got it back from the body shop and cancelled the insurance. They said for them to total it, the cost of repair would've needed to be more than 100% of the cars value.
Funny how this works sometimes. I had the opposite problem a few years back when the Dodge Caravan that my daughter was driving get rear-ended. I don't recall the actual dollar figure involved but the insurance insisted on totaling the car even though the repair was definitely less than the book value of the car and what they ended up paying me.

It ends up being not only a function of the repair costs, but of the salvage value of the wreck. In my case, even though they paid me more than the repair cost, they claimed that the salvage value was high enough that their true out of pocket (what they paid me minus what they could sell the car for at salvage) was less than the repair cost, so they insisted on totaling it.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Not surprised the op wants to sell after it’s repaired.
I’m 64 years old and was taught at a very young age that with this kind of damage your car will never be the same.
Today with modern repairs, my old thought process may be just old wives tales.
Other thoughts???

OP
OP

feeny1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'21 Canyon Denali LB, ‘19 ATS-V
@feeny1701 why do you want to get rid of the car after fixing her?
I can understand if that what you wanted before the accident. I hope you don't want to sell her just because of this.

I’m selling it 100% because of the damage. I’m one of those guys that will be hyper-aware of any squeak, shudder, bump, and wiggle, and it would drive me crazy. I was also starting to look at something a bit more civilized on long trips. After three years of owning and driving, it seems like a good time to part ways.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
I’m selling it 100% because of the damage. I’m one of those guys that will be hyper-aware of any squeak, shudder, bump, and wiggle, and it would drive me crazy. I was also starting to look at something a bit more civilized on long trips. After three years of owning and driving, it seems like a good time to part ways.
It's definitely up to you, and I'm also like you but.... it's highly unlikely that this kind of hit will leave anything you have described.

It's a perfect clean hit at the middle of the front bumper, the car does not looks to have any other damage and except it being spectacular to see it's very probable it's not such a big deal.
No broken glasses, no airbags deployed so 0% to reason to touch the interior.
It's mostly broken parts, maybe a few panels and paint-matching them.

Be sure to make a good assessment before making a statement like that, I understand that in the heat of the moment you may feel like if but you can be regretting this decision in some time.
Sponsored