Sponsored

A quick Car Cover review

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Since picking my Mustang up I've not once had a dry day to enjoy it, and so for now (and until she's detailed and protected) she's been covered up whilst I get on with other things.

Over the past 17-odd years, I've had three covers from Classic Additions (other car cover manufacturers are available) and whilst at the NEC Classic Car show I had the opportunity to poke a few covers from different vendors - and ultimately I ending up with the £200 Ultimate Car Cover (with a bit of discount).

There are obviously good and bad bits about car covers - and for the £50 jobs, I'd avoid them like the plague. These though are a bit different and after a week I've had mine off and it's bone dry underneath. No scratches, swirls or rub marks either (mainly because it fits like a glove).

Here a a couple of pictures of the water beading:

31048403382_1958ecd19c_z.jpg
Mustang cover by Dan Willis, on Flickr
31077870071_b6b5fe71b3_z.jpg
31077871901_6bf6c1b7a8_z.jpg

So, if you, like me, have to leave it outside for periods of time - and personally, since mine has been the favourite place of a local bird to unload on - I'd rather take my chances with this over the bird poo!

It's always a personal thing - I would stick it in the garage but that currently has a DeLorean in two pieces, selfishly taking up all the space! :D
Sponsored