Sponsored

A Prius tried to crawl into my trunk

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah, the active-valve exhaust is toast, but my Steeda H-pipe came through unscathed.
Hey, glad you're okay. But I have to ask you: What year is your car? And is the active exhaust the same as on my 2019 Bullitt? I ask because on my car, the exhaust is just one freaking piece from the resonator backwards. So how the heck could the muffler just fall off??? That's weird. I assume you're going to get the AE replaced, right? That's probably a good chunk of the repair quote. Good luck.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HiTekExec

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
Hey, glad you're okay. But I have to ask you: What year is your car? And is the active exhaust the same as on my 2019 Bullitt? I ask because on my car, the exhaust is just one freaking piece from the resonator backwards. So how the heck could the muffler just fall off??? That's weird. I assume you're going to get the AE replaced, right? That's probably a good chunk of the repair quote. Good luck.
Thanks! 2019 GT Premium, and I would have assumed it is the same active-valve exhaust, with left and right pipes coming off the resonator to the mufflers,,,except... I pulled the resonator and put in a Steeda H-pipe, which is also why the mufflers fell off and the H-pipe wasn't damaged; it snapped at the clamps. I do like the sound of the active with the H-pipe; low revs you get the rumble from the H, and at higher revs they are more like straight pipes to the mufflers.

OP
OP
HiTekExec

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Heck get them to write you a check then buy a aftermarket bumper and exhaust for 2k get it painted use the remaining 7k to buy a supercharger :)
I have been talking to the body shop about the exhaust; thinking about whether to stay with the factory active exhaust with H-pipe, or go with a new cat-back... Any opinions out there?

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
I have been talking to the body shop about the exhaust; thinking about whether to stay with the factory active exhaust with H-pipe, or go with a new cat-back... Any opinions out there?

Glad you asked I am partial to the Borla Ataks.. they will sound great with your existing Hpipe. You can’t go wrong with Corsa as well..

upload_2020-6-5_17-52-51.jpeg

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Man that sucks! So no damages to your rear 1/4’s or the trunk pan from that hit?

At least you were not injured...

“Fell asleep”... geez... did you put that in your Police report? He could have killed someone if instead your car was a person walking across a street...

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Was that in Mo Val on the 60?

Sorry about your loss - that said, I think your neck is starting to hurt and you are having headaches that start at the top of the neck and extend to the top of the head.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Dude was driving a Prius. That explains everything. He was trying to kill himself. I would off myself if I had to drive one.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
The poor little Prius peed it's self fearful the mighty ICE V8 Mustang would whoop it's little electric ass. Then it died.

Sucks your car was damaged. Hopefully the repair goes well and definitely don't forget to get money for diminished value. A wrecked Mustang's value is severely impacted when it's time to sell. My wife's SHO was hit by a big rig. About 7K to fix plus another $1,500 in diminished value.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HiTekExec

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Was that in Mo Val on the 60?

Sorry about your loss - that said, I think your neck is starting to hurt and you are having headaches that start at the top of the neck and extend to the top of the head.
Close; 215 south at Murrieta just before the 15 S merge; common congestion point. not sure about the whiplash (seats are really good) but my head feels ready to explode sometimes thinking about 5 weeks without my Mustang as we head into summer weather.

Deleted member

I’m sorry to hear about your accident.
I always hoped my Competition Orange made me immune from such incidents, guess not.
I always thought the same thing having a car the same color as a traffic cone, but nope been rear ended twice.

OP
OP
HiTekExec

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
The poor little Prius peed it's self fearful the mighty ICE V8 Mustang would whoop it's little electric ass. Then it died.

Sucks your car was damaged. Hopefully the repair goes well and definitely don't forget to get money for diminished value. A wrecked Mustang's value is severely impacted when it's time to sell. My wife's SHO was hit by a big rig. About 7K to fix plus another $1,500 in diminished value.
Great line about the Peeious. I’ve already notified my insurance that I may seek diminished value compensation; their insurance has already capitulated on the accident - no deductible necessary

OP
OP
HiTekExec

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I always thought the same thing having a car the same color as a traffic cone, but nope been rear ended twice.
I really was incredulous. Everyone notices this car... I just couldn’t believe it didn’t register somewhere in his lizard brain portion as a “caution ahead”

OP
OP
HiTekExec

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Man that sucks! So no damages to your rear 1/4’s or the trunk pan from that hit?

At least you were not injured...

“Fell asleep”... geez... did you put that in your Police report? He could have killed someone if instead your car was a person walking across a street...
Yeah, at least he owned that.
The “I didn’t see him” wouldn’t work, maybe the “he came outta nowhere”, but not “I didn’t see the freshly polished Orange Fury Mustang in the bright morning sunlight”
Sponsored