Sponsored

A peculiar and pretty nasty engine malfunction, please chime in...

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It was about a month I left my 2015 Mustang parked at home, when I left the car it was perfect, yesterday I decided to take it around a few miles, the engine went on as usual, the idle was good no problema whatsoever, only that the throttle pedal, with my great surprise, was dead... it didn't transmit the accelerating input to the engine, time by time pushing hard on the pedal it seemed to give some life but just a sec or two then the engine went back to idle...

I checked the pedal max switches close to the throttle pedal, everything seemed nice and fit.

WTF is going on?

Matter is the car is parked in my weekend house which is at about 60 miles from the Ford dealer and in northern Portugal, while I live in Spain, is there anything I could check/look at to at least get going a few miles?

Thanks, I'll appreciate any input and all comments and advices.
Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
What happens when you remove the pedal max?

OP
OP
panic

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What happens when you remove the pedal max?
I have to try it, do you think it's the pedal max link that's causing the malfunction?

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I don't think they are worth the risk (not that first time I've read about this happening). I personally would never be interfering with any sort of connection that controls throttle input. You are better off getting a tune that makes the adjustments.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
it has happened to forum members in the past with the pedalmax/commander

OP
OP
panic

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks, I'll drop the pedal max next weekend and see if the throttle pedal gets back to life..

OP
OP
panic

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sorry to bring back an ''old'' thread but, yes, I've disconnected the pedal max and the gas pedal went back to life.

I must say that even having a Lund tune, without the pedal max I feel now the throttle pedal slower to get the revs and the pedal response feels a tad sleepy...

I've written to the supplier to try to have some sort of refund, I bought the thing a few months ago, should I be entitled to?

Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I'd contact pedalmax direct.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to bring back an ''old'' thread but, yes, I've disconnected the pedal max and the gas pedal went back to life.

I must say that even having a Lund tune, without the pedal max I feel now the throttle pedal slower to get the revs and the pedal response feels a tad sleepy...

I've written to the supplier to try to have some sort of refund, I bought the thing a few months ago, should I be entitled to?
Lund should be able to make changes to that if you contact them.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
With my Lund tune I feel like the throttle is almost too responsive. Maybe we're experiencing different things or our cars are different.

OP
OP
panic

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
With my Lund tune I feel like the throttle is almost too responsive. Maybe we're experiencing different things or our cars are different.
The engine feels great with the Lund tune but I felt a better throttle response when the pedal max was plugged in too.
Sponsored