Sponsored

A Mustang in Scotland

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm not the first to do it of course, I did this trip in 2016 with a bunch of other S550 owners, but this time it was just me and the missus so I felt I got to see a lot more than I did before. We closely followed the "NC500" (North Coast 500) route which hugs the northern coast of the Scottish Highlands, last time it was anti clockwise, this time clockwise - completely different experience!

Wanted to share some of the better shots, I'll let the photos do the talking :)

As some of you may recognise, this was my James Bond recreation shot. Another one from the front matching some of the movie promotional images. Just before we drove off as well, I snapped this portrait shot with some of the long, single track road in the background.

IMG_6865.JPG
IMG_6878.JPG

20210523_152612.jpg

Trying to keep these in order! Next up was a stop at Eilean Donan Castle, also featured in a Bond film - The World Is Not enough (1999)

IMG_9964.JPG

Random stop off, just as we got on to the Isle Of Skye. Seeing the clouds hug the mountains as they did was really spectacular!

IMG_9982.JPG

Dunvegan Castle, Skye - in the background. One of the many Castles we looked at but didn't go in.

IMG_0023.JPG

Couple of shots on an evening adventure to a Lighthouse sat out on the coast. We were treated to a stunning sunset too, and just behind us, an almost full moon peeking through the clouds. This was a particularly wet day, so to finish with these views was cool.

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG
IMG_0086.JPG

The terrifying but incredible Applecross Pass. No less than 5 minutes after I took this shot, that cloud had covered the car and the heavens opened.

7B20810F-F9EC-450D-9B0C-8CFA53340640.JPG

IMG_0146.jpg

Going back down the other side of the mountain pass in the rain was pretty daunting I won't lie, but not long after we hit the coast again, the sun came out!

IMG_0152.JPG

The next day we crossed over the beautiful, Kylesku bridge. Abi offered to climb a pretty dangerous hillside to get this photo and the video - she's defo a keeper!

20210526115828_IMG_7788.JPG

A couple of days of not many photos, but one of the last driving tasks was the stunning Old MIlitary Road which runs through the Cairngorms national park. Of all the driving, this road was by far my favourite. If we had time, I would have turned around and done it again!

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

"The Watchers" - along the same stretch of road.

IMG_0340.JPG

For anyone wondering, some of these are edited photos - using lightroom mobile, but images are from my Canon EOS 77D. Some are straight off the camera - the very first photo above is. Fully intend to edit all of the raw images at some point, but that could take a while!

Thanks for reading.
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
i'm terrible at stopping on runs up North, i take terrible pictures most times anyways so it's not a huge loss. Having said that, when you see the pictures that others take it makes us realise what's in our own landmass for enjoying our cars in. Wonderful shots, great write up and glad you enjoyed your trip :sunglasses:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Definitely awesome pics, thanks for sharing!

tomdwa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
white mustang ecoboost hpp
Truly beautiful, we definitely plan to take the Stang to Scotland in the next couple of years (departing from Belgium). But first we got to get rid of the bloody Covid 19-mess 😠.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing and glad the Mustang didn't skip a beat
Sponsored