Sponsored

A.M. - Now using a slower shipping method

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
A new shipping option A.M. is using but is apparently not understood by all front line reps is a slower less customer friendly version of UPS ground called UPS SURE POST. It can delay your package arrival date by up to 3 days beyond a standard UPS ground delivery date (my personal experience) because the process enables UPS to drop off packages at a local USPS where a new tracking number is created, the package has to again go through a sorting process and then finally get into the hands of the local postal carrier to be delivered which may be as late as 8PM on the day of delivery.

This move was made possible a few months ago according to A.M. sources by upper management. When I attempted to get the name of a person to contact to express my dissatisfaction I was told no such access was available to me. Supervisors on the front line are not allowed to escalate customers or concerns of customers who wish to speak with the source or sources of such inept decision making.

When ordering from A.M. now:

When ordering make sure you have the rep clearly explain which UPS process will be used. If UPS SUREPOST is how they plan to ship it, you may wish to find another source for your part as this slower less costly (to AM) process may create conflicts with schedules with tuners, speed shops, etc. due to adding delivery time you are not aware of until days after the purchase when you get the UPS tracking number.

What to do if you find your package tracking is not updating and you have not yet received your package from A.M. and want to know when it will arrive and what is holding it up -

ON the UPS tracking page to the right side you will find another tracking number that is about 35 digits in length. You will need to go to https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action and enter this new USPS tracking number. This will give you the new created USPS delivery process which may take days more to arrive. Then you will know how much longer it will take to receive the package that UPS initially estimated to arrive to you at an earlier time. For a fee UPS will change the process and allow you to upgrade to UPS ground or pick it up at a local UPS hub IF YOU MAKE THE REQUEST BEFORE IT IS RECEIVED BY THE USPS FOR THEIR PROCESSING AND FINAL DELIVERY.

Good luck...and once again thank you American Muscle Corporate Management for such wonderful service (sarcasm grade A). Don't spend that big fat bonus check you earned for this shrewd business move in one place.
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Will see if LMR or CJ Pony follows suit.

I don’t use AM much - they tend to be a bit of a sh*t show from my personal experience.

LMR on the other hand, always fast shipping and they are my go-to nowadays.

OP
OP
ugstang17

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I ordered some from them but usually use other sources in recent years. They had this item in stock. Others I use drop ship, Thought with it in stock I would have it sooner than later. My phones calls (3 in total) were well received by front liners, but I know their hands are tied. It's not fair to these workers that puddin' heads above them are making these stupids changes that effect customer relations and not at least training them and make sure they understand and know what to do for tracking purposes. These front line people just had no answers. Not their fault. Upper management today at most companies seem to be getting their common sense from a toilet bowl and their degrees (useless piece of paper) from a cracker jack box.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I had one shipping/product issue with those AM clowns. Long story short, they sent me the wrong catback exhaust (it was for a 13'-14' GT500 which I never owned in my life), blamed it on me, told me I had to go to a UPS store AND pay to send it back. After I explicitly told them what I thought of that idea and argued with the jerk off on the phone, they agreed to refund my money and had UPS pick it up at my house. Like a lot of guys on this site, I spent thousands of dollars on my Mustang and I made extra sure AM never saw one penny of it.

Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i ordered a mbrp race cat back last sat it was at my front door tues by noon so .. i never have a prob with them

OP
OP
ugstang17

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
i ordered a mbrp race cat back last sat it was at my front door tues by noon so .. i never have a prob with them
Review the method they chose to ship the product, that is where the problem lies. Weight of product will apparently have impact on the method of shipping rather than the cost. Without the front line people being aware of this the problem will continue for those who find themselves purchasing parts that may fall into this "UPS SUREPOST" shipping option for 'free shipping' and need the part by a given date. Additionally if you read the opening thread you would have seen that they have implemented this in just the last few months, according to the CS supervisor I spoke with who told me I could not speak to any level of management above him or write anyone because it is not allowed by company policy.

This is about trying to get Steve and Andrew Voudouris off their asses and properly train their front line people so that the business can return to the service level it once provided. It has nothing to do with the work ethic of the front line reps or immediate supervision who had no say in changes of this type, and everything to do with pinhead upper management seeing to it that they are properly trained so they can respond and provide the proper assistance to people placing orders. Dictating change and then never giving your front line people the training they need to implement it only ends up causing issues for the customer and making the front line rep look inept or uncaring. That is not good business ethics on the part of AM upper management.

WildHorses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
That is interesting, everything i get is still within a 2 business day time frame. dont know if this would be beneficially, but came across this email in some other forums/groups [email protected] is apparently someone that works in the Social Media/Community, so it could be another route then trying to go through Customer Service

OP
OP
ugstang17

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
That is interesting, everything i get is still within a 2 business day time frame. don't know if this would be beneficially, but came across this email in some other forums/groups [email protected] is apparently someone that works in the Social Media/Community, so it could be another route then trying to go through Customer Service
Thank you for this email address. I will contact this person. Once again I have made contact with AM on this topic three times by phone and once by the "CONTACT US" link on the website. The selling rep told me I would receive the package by Friday. I am in the same region as you. When the package finally shipped and was in transit the initial date to receive WAS FRIDAY. But when it was dropped off at the local post office the date changed to EOB Saturday. No package Saturday -- UPS update simply showed IN TRANSIT as I recall but now with no delivery date. I contacted AM Saturday evening and they could not even track the item to give me an update. Sunday morning when I called them again I spoke with Lesley who tried to be helpful but again another rep who did not have a clue about the tracking process or why UPS SUREPOST was used knowing I had requested the part to be delivered by EOB Friday. My third phone call (four total including placing the order) forced me to use that damn phrase I hate, "I want to speak to a manager". When this person got on the phone i told him what was going on. He informed me that AM had implemented this change about 2 months ago. I asked him for someone to contact. a phone number, an email, and he told me he was not allowed to give me access above his level. So I decided to try to figure out how to find my shipment on my own.

Again this is an informative thread on insuring you don't allow AM to ship UPS SUREPOST first off if you need something by a certain date, second how to track the item through USPS if it does nto arrive when you are to get it because SUREPOST adds time and will not allow you to change the process without a fee, and THIRD to draw some attention to AM upper management in hopes of providing their front line people the training they need to provide good services to their clients.

I am thrilled you have not had the same problem I have had. I hope you and others never have the problem I or others have run into when the shipper selected UPS SUREPOST. I will contact William Levantovsky as soon as I finish this reply. Thank you for the link.

WildHorses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Good luck with your contact. Just to be honest, it will be hard to get ahold of any higher ups within any company. Even if you had an issue with Late Model, CJ, Summit, Jegs, etc... you will probably be in the same situation of someone saying they can't provide you the contact of a higher up, especially if you are speaking to a Supervisor/Manager

Sponsored
OP
OP
ugstang17

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I've attempted to do what i can for the sake of trying to help those employed there so they can be better informed.. I have provided awareness and direction for those who continue to use AM in the event they run into an issue like I experienced. My goal again is not to persuade to buyers to stop using AM but to: A.) Be aware of this change B.) Be aware how to track your order if this happens C.) Respect the fact that when you call, that the front line CSR's are not being trained properly and that this issue has been created not by them but by uncaring upper management who are motivated by the moment rather than the future of growth and repeat business through quality service.

Thanks again for the email. I don't do facebook which is why I have not gone to that source. I hope someone will kindly forward this process listed in my initial post to the AM website so unsuspecting customers have an avenue of knowing how to track their UPS SUREPOST shipped purchase if they have problem. Sadly the CSR's at AM are not likely to get the training they need to resolve this issue and provide quality assistance to their client base.

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
i dont think thats an american muscle thing ups has done that outsourcing to usps for years its a luck of the draw type of thing

OP
OP
ugstang17

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
i dont think thats an american muscle thing ups has done that outsourcing to usps for years its a luck of the draw type of thing
AM makes the decision how it ships. UPS SUREOPOST is an even cheaper slower option than standard ground. UPS CAN NOT ship a product at a lesser rate than has been selected. That would be fraud. This is not an outsourcing issue either. Outsourcing is different. Outsourcing would still require delivery to meet specification. UPSSUREPOST is out of the hands of UPS once it arrives at USPS. AM could be kind enough to inform the buyer that they have an option to pay for the faster direct delivery by UPS by logging into their UPS Mychoice accounts (as I have) but this courtesy was not extended either. The entire transaction was assured to arrive UPS ground standard in 2-3 days. THe package did not. Had I been made aware of what was going on I could have gotten it sooner. But by the time I figured out WTF UPS SUREPOST was and how to track ti from the USPS center via a different tracking number it was too late. Another option would have been to have it held at the hub for my pickup at no charge at all. But again it was out of the hands of UPS before I knew of this new shipping option AM chose to use.

UPS offers it as an option for cheaper shipping. See the hyperlink.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/tracking-support/sp-definition.page
Sponsored