Sponsored

A Love Story *warning will cause heartbreak*

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
There can be no false claim if there is no accident !
There would be a lot no X of there was no Y. People will always try to scam the system. Saying there would be no false insurance claims if there was no accidents would be like saying there would be no false identity scams if nobody had an identity, or no false news if there wasn't any news - and 100s of other examples. There will always be accidents, people with an identity and news in the world. You can't rid the world of those things, so it's illogical to say they are responsible for the actions of dishonest people (who will always exist) that scam things like that.
Sponsored

Deleted member 33561

I give up you still don't get it. Have you ever tried to walk into an insurance company and file a claim for an accident when you had no accident? I'm finished

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^ If there were no roads then there would be no cars on roads, and therefore no accidents or car insurance to make false claims against. :cwl:

strawman-1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Adrian8544

Adrian8544

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium (RIP) 2016 Mustang GT Premium
Ok so here’s a day 8 update, or a week after. I am in no physical pain. Certain motions trigger pops, but after seeing the doctor twice now, they said it was normal. Absolutely no pain, my neck is still a little stiff, but I’ll check in with the doctor again in a week.

As for the car, I have not heard anything yet. I’ll be reaching out to my insurance and body shop today about what’s going on. I feel like I should’ve heard something already. I am submitting a form to the DMV that I got via my insurance, apparently this form is filled out whenever there is more than $1000 worth of damage and must be completed in 10 days regardless of fault or risk suspension of my drivers license. Must be another Commie-fornia thing. The form only wants drivers and insurance information, not sure why the DMV needs it but oh well. I will update once I know more about what’s happening.

Climax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
04 40th Ann Mustang, 2015 Mustang
Hello all, my name is Adrian, I am a first time poster long time reader, I’ve been wanting to get onto the actual forum itself, but I’ve been waiting until I’ve had anything meaningful to share, be it a mod or discovery etc. Anyhow, let me start with a love story.

September of 2018: I had just come home from finishing college, was about to start a new decent paying job and I was in need of a a vehicle to drive to work. For better or for worse I let a childhood dream take over and I purchase a lightly used 2015 Premium Ecoboost Mustang. And yes, it wasn’t a GT, but being young I didn’t want a big insurance bill, and I wanted to splurge but not so much that it would become a burden. The car was perfect, every other car I’d previously driven was either my parents or my brothers, and none of those cars ever had anything close to the power the Mustang did. This was my first big purchase other than college tuition and board. I had a lot of fun getting used to the torque! Every day I drove from my home to work, about 80 miles round trip, and yes I was tripling up on payments to make up for the high mileage. I couldn’t imagine a more fun commute. I even had the heated/cooled seats with Shaker Pro system and Nav, so getting lost and music were never a problem! Pure bliss. I had plans too, exhaust, cold air intake, a tune the usual etc.

The only thing I’d done to date with the car was fix the racing strips, the previous owner had some awful colored and crooked stripes on there, I can’t believe the dealer didn’t take them off. I’d also gotten some new tires, there was some side wall damage on the ones it originally had, I made sure to get some change off the price for that too. I got legal 30% tint all around except the windshield as well. Now, I babied this thing, frequent detailing, Chevron 91 gas, always on time oil change, being a kid who came from little, I was not going to let this car go to waste.

Here comes the bad part. I’ve been driving since I was 16, now 22, never had as much as a scratch on any drive... On my way home, after driving my commute endless amount of times, I was rear ended by an 86 year old man who claimed he didn’t see me brake. Nothing I could’ve have done. I was in the exit lane, slowing down from 65, I was going 40 last I glanced at the Speedo, as there is a sharp right turn followed by a red light. This was towards the end of the lane! For those you wondering why I was slowing down.

Anyways, it in insurance hands now, I’ll wait to see what happens. I am very sore throughout my body, but thankfully I am not hurt as of day 1 after the accident, shout out Ford engineering! Never drove crazy or anything, for as much as I wanted too, funny, I had finally managed to book a local tack that was going to go out to later next week. I am absolutely heart broken.

https://imgur.com/a/wXmO4el

Sponsored

Climax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Adrian8544, the age of the person who hit you is not relevant. In mid April of this year I was driving my 2004 40th anniversary Special Mustang and driving to an airport to give a flight lesson. I was stopped at a red light and #1 in position with a full size Chevy Van stopped in back of me. Some idiot didn't brake at all, probably texting, and hit the back of the Van doing about 50 to 60MPH. That created a domino effect sending the van into me so hard it did about the same damage to my 2004 as you got. My factory trunk mounted spoiler went flying over the van and landed behind it, I was pushed out in the intersection where I just tapped the front left corner of the bumper but no bags went off, more of a rubber transfer. My left door was jammed a bit but I managed, as pissed off as I was, to pop it open and stepped out. That's when I got dizzy and sat back down. I am 72 and was transported to the hospital with a mild concussion. My head had been thrown back and hit the bar that holds up the head rest. I purchased that car new in 2004 and had babied it, and only last October had the car sanded to remove any chips and oxidation, then repainted the same color plus three coats of clear put on it. I replaced both headlight castings, the grill in front of the windshield, shocks, struts, disc, pads, and even though I do not eat in the car or smoke plus am the only person in it 95% of the time, had the interior professionally cleaned. The car had Wizard Wax on it, and Back to Black on all black parts. The next week the insurance company totaled out my car and I only got $6388 for it. I had planned to drive it in the antique, like me, category. Not now, its gone. The guys age that hit me was 26.
Today I just purchased through Copart a 2018 Gray with black cloth interior Mustang 4 cyl, 10 speed automatic that has only damage to the right side door and front fender, also totaled out. Why? I have no idea. We will change those parts out and it should be good as new. Total mileage on the car right now before fixing only 9200 miles. One of the biggest things to remember in your life as you start off, Chit happens, roll with the punches, and 99% of the time you come out better.

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
Sounds like you are doing everything you should be. I’ve been in your shoes. I am in PA. Every time I have to drive in New Jersey, I cross myself and say a short prayer for safety. I was rear ended twice in Jersey.

I remember both times it felt like the insurance took forever to make a determination and get back to me.

My problem is that afterward, no mater how good of a job the Brady shop did, I knew my car was disassembled and put back together. I had to eventually get ride of the car because of it. New rattles that weren’t there show up. In one case, as they put my car back together, they pinched the window cleaner hose and no solution would come out. I feel like I was assaulted by my car being hit, then torn apart, repainted... so now to the naked eye the paint looks fine.

I know it is not Ford paint. On my ‘16 Mustang I dented the rear fender. My Shop, (The best in Eastern PA. I have seen them do remarkable things..) needed to respray the back quarter panel, all the way up the to the roof, then the edge along the top of the doors and down the c pillar. They may have gone a bit further. Just for s small dent I did backing into my garage to quick.

I think you are doing all you can do. One part I would add it take pictures of EVERYTHING. Inside and out, top to bottom. That way, when you go to pick it up you can validate everything is were it should be. I would also create a list of functional things to validate before leaving the body shop. Window Cleaner Spray, radio, CD player... you get the idea. Might save you a trip back. A wrongly installed interior part could be 2 min to snap it in properly.

Climax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I agree, if its not a bolt on part that can be replaced with OEM parts, with no damage to the parts you are bolting to, it will never be as it was. The old cars were much stronger and suffered less damage, but the people inside were hurt a lot more. The cars are built today to absorb energy before its transmitted to you. I like that. I can always replace a car, my body is anther problem.

OP
OP
Adrian8544

Adrian8544

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium (RIP) 2016 Mustang GT Premium
Chit does happen. @Climax your story brightened my day a little, you have a good outlook on these situation. @Pa-fatboy I totally agree about the rebuilt car. The smart part of me thinks it will be repaired since there’s not a lot of damage, the hopeful part of me wishes it’s not so I can start fresh. But I feel like the next battle will be a diminished value claim, and a fight to pay it down to an amount that someone will be comfortable paying for so I can zero out the loan.

My commuting days at work were almost over, as we are in the process of opening a new location about 3 miles from my house. On top of that, a Ford dealer nearby has new 18 5.0s with slashed prices and going down. My guess is they want them off the lot before the 20s arrive. I’d love to jump on a deal.

But alas, we are playing the waiting game for now.

Climax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Chit does happen. @Climax your story brightened my day a little, you have a good outlook on these situation. @Pa-fatboy I totally agree about the rebuilt car. The smart part of me thinks it will be repaired since there’s not a lot of damage, the hopeful part of me wishes it’s not so I can start fresh. But I feel like the next battle will be a diminished value claim, and a fight to pay it down to an amount that someone will be comfortable paying for so I can zero out the loan.

My commuting days at work were almost over, as we are in the process of opening a new location about 3 miles from my house. On top of that, a Ford dealer nearby has new 18 5.0s with slashed prices and going down. My guess is they want them off the lot before the 20s arrive. I’d love to jump on a deal.

But alas, we are playing the waiting game for now.

Sponsored

Climax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Biggest thing is that the other party should be paying to get your car fixed, not yours. Just keep pushing it, get if fixed to your satisfaction. After that you can safely trade it in on a new one with out looking back at all. Just forget it was damaged as its been fixed. From what I see, most of the damage is all bolt on plastics anyway.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
The age IS relevant. At 80..there is a good chance said 80 year old should NOT be driving. That chance goes up with age...this life. Same thing goes with Mr.JustGoMyLicence and know shit.

Climax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
The age IS relevant. At 80..there is a good chance said 80 year old should NOT be driving. That chance goes up with age...this life. Same thing goes with Mr.JustGoMyLicence and know shit.

Climax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I am 72, still scuba dive, fly airplanes, helicopters, gliders, and gyroplanes and hike places like the Grand Canyon. I am not as fit as I was when I was 60, 50, 40, 30, but I am fit, alert, and can keep up with most of the younger generation. That is me. Other people at my age have already died, are in wheel chairs, or lat on their backs in a bed. Each person is different. I agree we tend to slow down and degenerate, just like any machine, as we get older. I am a firm believer that you can't sit still or you rust, just like an machine, and subsequently fail. What I will agree on is that anyone over the age of say 70 to 75 be tested at least every two years, and anyone over the age of 75 get tested every year for safety, reactions, eyesight. Some folks just don't belong on the roads anymore. My mother was one at 80 years old. I had to disable her car to stop her.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am 72, still scuba dive, fly airplanes, helicopters, gliders, and gyroplanes and hike places like the Grand Canyon.
Maybe your user name helps out to get in the right frame of mind. :dance:

Hint on replying to a post. Hit the "Reply" button (not the Quote button), then post your response below the quote so it's all in one post.
Sponsored