dB Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Vert 6M PP MagRide AE FPTune Vel./Mid.Blue
This thread is getting silly.

If you want and can afford a GT, get a GT. Pick a color that looks clean longest.

That Coyote will keep a smile on your face for as long as you own the car. You'll know it every time you press the "Start" button and every time you use your right foot.

The Eco has the sound of sorrow and regret that you didn't get the Coyote. And if you put an aftermarket exhaust on, it sounds like a sour-faced 8-year-old with the trumpets.

The Coyote is sick stock and then you can mod and mod and mod...

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Just get the GT. A lot of people trade up from a EB or V6 to a GT, they end up taking a hit but itll probably worth it considering the GT will probably give you the full mustang muscle car experience. Im going to trade up to a GT whenever i can.

Tommy556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I4
I haven't test driven a GT I'm thinking if I do it'll fully convince me. Tough pill to swallow that 19k is what I payed to rent the car for a year if I do this thank you all for your comments. Honestly that silver from klassic is to blame haha it looks damn good
Test drive the GT and then come back at us before you make any decisions. I thought the same thing would happen to me and it didn't. I was not convinced by the GT but rather disappointed. Some people in this forum praise the GT way too much and make it seem like it is a rocket ship that sounds like the end of the world is coming. It's a great engine but it's far from being that. It's a good car that is reasonable fast, but so is the EB.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Test drive the GT and then come back at us before you make any decisions. I thought the same thing would happen to me and it didn't. I was not convinced by the GT but rather disappointed. Some people in this forum praise the GT way too much and make it seem like it is a rocket ship that sounds like the end of the world is coming. It's a great engine but it's far from being that. It's a good car that is reasonable fast, but so is the EB.
Well now you've done it. Better start making popcorn now.

Tommy556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I4
haha okay will do!

The whole discussion is exhausting anyways. I'm just telling the OP that he should go out and make his own experiences rather than listen to forum opinions. He might fall in love with the GT, he might as well be disappointed though like me after all the praise I've read about the GT.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I test drove the GT and Ecoboost and bought the Ecoboost. The GT was faster, but not OMG faster. For a DD, an Ecoboost with a tune and maybe a intercooler upgrade is really all I could justify. Plus, I do a lot of interstate driving and I wanted the better gas mileage. But, if the money doesn't matter and you want the GT, go for it. I do think that used 15 GT's are going to be outstanding values- but only because someone took a 7000.00 depreciation hit for you!

Barry626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang 2.3L
:thumbsup:

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I test drove the GT and Ecoboost and bought the Ecoboost. The GT was faster, but not OMG faster. For a DD, an Ecoboost with a tune and maybe a intercooler upgrade is really all I could justify. Plus, I do a lot of interstate driving and I wanted the better gas mileage. But, if the money doesn't matter and you want the GT, go for it. I do think that used 15 GT's are going to be outstanding values- but only because someone took a 7000.00 depreciation hit for you!

Except that after you put a tune on your Eco say goodbye to your warranty if anything goes wrong with your engine your sol. It's already happened to someone and Ford isn't going to replace his blown engine.

My GT is wayyyyyy faster than the Eco I had. The Eco is a great car and it's just dumb to compare the two. It's apples to oranges, a turbo 4 cylinder engine cannot be compared to a Naturally Aspirated V8 engine. Both are great platforms and deserve to not be compared to each other constantly. It's not a fair comparison.

I really wanted to love my EcoBoost but it was a broken lemon of a car. I wasn't willing to try another because the entire experience with the EcoBoost was tainted for me.

I wish people would stop posting these threads already because every one of them is the same rehashed crap.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
OP. Go to the dealer and on the way pickup a tube of vaseline. When you get there empty your existing EB into a garbage bag. Walk over to the GT You want, bend over, and spread em... When they have had their way with you. Sign the papers, get into your new GT and drive to the liquor store. Pickup a pack of your favourite libation and head on home. Turn on your mourning song of choice and drink until you feel more depressed than before. Never speak of this to anyone, never tell anyone what you paid...

Let this be a reminder.. If there is ever a doubt, sleep on it.. even when you don't want to... and get what you WANT... not what you THINK you will be happy with.

I know. I did this. I have no ragrets....... bro.... every payment that I make.. I cry a little inside.. but its only money... and fuck it... you cant take it with you and your not getting any younger.

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
this guy.....:crazy: :headbonk::headbonk::headbonk: lol. In all seriousness, like he said go drive it and see if it's worth it to you. It's a question none of us on here can answer.

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
OP. Go to the dealer and on the way pickup a tube of vaseline. When you get there empty your existing EB into a garbage bag. Walk over to the GT You want, bend over, and spread em... When they have had their way with you. Sign the papers, get into your new GT and drive to the liquor store. Pickup a pack of your favourite libation and head on home. Turn on your mourning song of choice and drink until you feel more depressed than before. Never speak of this to anyone, never tell anyone what you paid...

Let this be a reminder.. If there is ever a doubt, sleep on it.. even when you don't want to... and get what you WANT... not what you THINK you will be happy with.

I know. I did this. I have no ragrets....... bro.... every payment that I make.. I cry a little inside.. but its only money... and fuck it... you cant take it with you and your not getting any younger.
:lol::lol::lol:

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeannieskidneyfund.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 Magnetic S550
Last November I purchased a magnetic EB. I got it for around 37 otd. my car is worth "22"k.
I couldn't imagine taking a $15k hit for depreciation after 1 YEAR. Ouch. I'd keep the car myself for that reason alone, but you only live once.. If you can afford it, and the GT/color change makes you happy, go for it!

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
dear lawd he paid 2k more OTD than i did for my GT :crazy:
Sponsored