Sponsored

A little buyers remorse

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Wow you paid $37k for a ecoboost. Please don't buy more cars, you don't know how to do it correctly.
Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Except that after you put a tune on your Eco say goodbye to your warranty if anything goes wrong with your engine your sol. It's already happened to someone and Ford isn't going to replace his blown engine.

My GT is wayyyyyy faster than the Eco I had. The Eco is a great car and it's just dumb to compare the two. It's apples to oranges, a turbo 4 cylinder engine cannot be compared to a Naturally Aspirated V8 engine. Both are great platforms and deserve to not be compared to each other constantly. It's not a fair comparison.

I really wanted to love my EcoBoost but it was a broken lemon of a car. I wasn't willing to try another because the entire experience with the EcoBoost was tainted for me.

I wish people would stop posting these threads already because every one of them is the same rehashed crap.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
Good grief... how would you make a decision on which car to buy if you didn't compare them? That's how I decided which car to get- I compared a GT to an Ecoboost and made a decision. I didn't toss a coin and go "oh crap, heads, it's an Ecoboost, but I really wanted a GT". I think the word you are grasping for is "equate". You can not equate an Ecoboost with a GT. True. The GT is faster, the Ecoboost gets far better gas mileage, etc. But now we are comparing them again...

You may not like these threads but you have no problem weighing in on all of them.

OP
OP

jlmoya88

Fucking A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Gray Premium Ecoboost
Thanks to every ones input including the funny ones haha I know with every car you spend money you can't get back. How many have leased their cars vs buying?

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Except that after you put a tune on your Eco say goodbye to your warranty if anything goes wrong with your engine your sol. It's already happened to someone and Ford isn't going to replace his blown engine.

My GT is wayyyyyy faster than the Eco I had. The Eco is a great car and it's just dumb to compare the two. It's apples to oranges, a turbo 4 cylinder engine cannot be compared to a Naturally Aspirated V8 engine. Both are great platforms and deserve to not be compared to each other constantly. It's not a fair comparison.

I really wanted to love my EcoBoost but it was a broken lemon of a car. I wasn't willing to try another because the entire experience with the EcoBoost was tainted for me.

I wish people would stop posting these threads already because every one of them is the same rehashed crap.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
Its one thing to prefer a certain car but lets keep it honest. That car had garbage put on it and Ford shouldn't replace it. Some people need to take responsibility.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jlmoya88

Fucking A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I test drove a GT and it is fast however not as fast or big a difference as I believed. It was base so not sure if they have sport mode or not I turned it on and didn't mess with anything reason being that there were no manual GT only that one. Told the guy if it was a sweet deal I would take it and be ok with taking the hit. A good deal wasn't offered. Had me at a higher apr?? And 608 a month. I'm paying 331 if I'm not mistaken. Always pay 400 even automatically so I figured 50 more than what I pay would be fine. I don't believe they gave me actually number just yet but I was a bit impatient and needed to be home. What they had available in silver premium GT had a lot of options and priced at 41k. Looking for GT premium no add ons. Question, did any one get a 0 apr. I got 1.99 on this car on my previous 3 cars I got 0 apr I have great credit. Is 0 possible? I feel like they are messing with me saying I can't get better than 1.99. I guarantee if I take my money to another brand I can get 0. Learned this last night. I love the silver at every angle except the back. The back looks the best in magnetic imo. Also the sound? It wasn't really noticeble :/ I shouldn't have put it on a pedestal. Felt the same as my girlfriends evo x. It is a bigger car so maybe that's the feeling. Long story short guy told me to order what I want to not pay extra and sell my car private party. He said I would have to deposit 1k to order it? How true is that? Thanks again for your input

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
So I test drove a GT and it is fast however not as fast or big a difference as I believed. It was base so not sure if they have sport mode or not I turned it on and didn't mess with anything reason being that there were no manual GT only that one. Told the guy if it was a sweet deal I would take it and be ok with taking the hit. A good deal wasn't offered. Had me at a higher apr?? And 608 a month. I'm paying 331 if I'm not mistaken. Always pay 400 even automatically so I figured 50 more than what I pay would be fine. I don't believe they gave me actually number just yet but I was a bit impatient and needed to be home. What they had available in silver premium GT had a lot of options and priced at 41k. Looking for GT premium no add ons. Question, did any one get a 0 apr. I got 1.99 on this car on my previous 3 cars I got 0 apr I have great credit. Is 0 possible? I feel like they are messing with me saying I can't get better than 1.99. I guarantee if I take my money to another brand I can get 0. Learned this last night. I love the silver at every angle except the back. The back looks the best in magnetic imo. Also the sound? It wasn't really noticeble :/ I shouldn't have put it on a pedestal. Felt the same as my girlfriends evo x. It is a bigger car so maybe that's the feeling. Long story short guy told me to order what I want to not pay extra and sell my car private party. He said I would have to deposit 1k to order it? How true is that? Thanks again for your input
Car dealerships love people like you... yikes...

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeannieskidneyfund.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 Magnetic S550
Had me at a higher apr?? And 608 a month. I'm paying 331 if I'm not mistaken. Always pay 400 even automatically so I figured 50 more than what I pay would be fine. What they had available in silver premium GT had a lot of options and priced at 41k. Looking for GT premium no add ons. Question, did any one get a 0 apr. I got 1.99 on this car on my previous 3 cars I got 0 apr I have great credit. Is 0 possible? I feel like they are messing with me saying I can't get better than 1.99. I guarantee if I take my money to another brand I can get 0.
Your monthly payment is simple math. Never ever ever ever purchase a car based on car payment. It should never come up in conversation. If you were financing 41k for example at 0% for 72 months it would be $569. Make sure your price quote is out the door and includes taxes, fees, registration etc.

0% apr is typically an offer from Ford Credit that periodically comes up. Getting 0% vs 1.99% is just one method to save money. Negotiating the OTD price is another. 1.99% isn't a terrible rate.

If you want to pay $400 a month you'll need to put a sizable amount down. Could also go 84 months vs 72 but interest rates are typically higher and that's a very long car loan.

CJRogue

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I love my GT. It's pretty loaded. 50th appearance, tech all the way, but no performance pkg which I prefer due to the wheels. The cruise and blind spot notices are good, but if I could get everything and save money on the Shaker system, I would've. It's just not that great. My $0.02

bay584

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
So I'm waiting to see other eco members act as guinea pigs for the turbo upgrades before I decide on whether to pick up an Eco or GT. Also, I'm gonna wait til the new camaro comes out so better leverage at the Ford dealer. Also wanna see if I can test drive an RS...

But thats just me..

OP
OP

jlmoya88

Fucking A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes i believe what I'm going to do is wait until specs and changes if any are made to the GT and purchase a 17 year. I have not looked at the SS in person through pictures its ok def not better than the mustang for sure by then I will have a better paying job so getting the extras won't hurt too much
Sponsored