Sponsored

A little buyers remorse

jlmoya88

Fucking A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Gray Premium Ecoboost
Hello all. Last November I purchased a magnetic EB. Has the adaptive cruise and shaker audio. It's a good car it is fun and I average 24mpg constantly. I'm a bit of a clean freak this is my first dark color and long story short I would love an I got silver mustang. I got it for around 37 otd. Down payment of 14k I've paid around 5k in monthly for a year I owe around 17k my car is worth "22"k. I would like a silver with black interior I got ceramic now gets dirty easily. I got silver but I think it would be more of a waste if I got another EB should I just get te GT? If I got the GT all I would want is premium silver and black interior if EB it would be premium black interior and wouldn't try and get PP. any recommendations? I'm not too sure how trade in work when I don't own the car I've never traded in in that situation I've always owned the car. Good thing is I'm not upside down?
Sponsored

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Trade works by them appraising your car and assigning it a value. The difference between that and your payoff is what is yours. If you trade the car you can use that equity as a down payment on the next car and they will payoff your loan on the trade in.

I would not recommend trading your car just because of color unless you bought orange or yellow or something, which "seemed like a good idea at the time, lol." Going from Magnetic to Silver is not going to change your life, just your bank account. If you are happy with the EB setup then just keep it until you want to make a real change.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hello all. Last November I purchased a magnetic EB. Has the adaptive cruise and shaker audio. It's a good car it is fun and I average 24mpg constantly. I'm a bit of a clean freak this is my first dark color and long story short I would love an I got silver mustang. I got it for around 37 otd. Down payment of 14k I've paid around 5k in monthly for a year I owe around 17k my car is worth "22"k. I would like a silver with black interior I got ceramic now gets dirty easily. I got silver but I think it would be more of a waste if I got another EB should I just get te GT? If I got the GT all I would want is premium silver and black interior if EB it would be premium black interior and wouldn't try and get PP. any recommendations? I'm not too sure how trade in work when I don't own the car I've never traded in in that situation I've always owned the car. Good thing is I'm not upside down?
Get the GT, I can get 22-23 on highway driving with my GT with PP and a guy I work with regularly gets 25 driving to work with his base GT with 3.55s. Plus....who wants to hear a 4 cylinder when you can have the sound of a Coyote??

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
I don't think this thread is really about the AARP Silver color change... I think it's about Eco vs the GT.

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
So you are not really a "clean freak" you just don't want to see the dirt.:D That is one of the reasons I was looking at silver so I could ignore the dirt, my wife had another idea of Ruby Red; guess who won:doh:.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jlmoya88

Fucking A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Gray Premium Ecoboost
I've had a silver vehicle before and it gets just as dirty but it would look cleaner for longer. I'm washing my car once a week. I know it might be a bit too much but yeah that's what I do. Haha

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium

s550 sexy lines + Ingot Silver = :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge:

You can't see scratches or dirt with this color but what you can see, the amazing shadowing of the sexy s550 lines is :love::love:

and get a GT:thumbsup:

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
If they know how little you owe on the car they'll reduce the trade in value accordingly. Just sayin'.

I think that Magnetic does a good job of hiding dirt and swirlies, but if a silver GT makes you happy then that's what you should do. Not politic to say, but I think the GTPP is a far better car than the EB. Only you can decide if it's worth the cost.

Sponsored

dcasandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS Premium 2016

s550 sexy lines + Ingot Silver = :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge:

You can't see scratches or dirt with this color but what you can see, the amazing shadowing of the sexy s550 lines is :love::love:

and get a GT:thumbsup:
This is one of my favorites on the entire forum. Beautiful.

dcasandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS Premium 2016
I know your in SoCal,but there is a 2015almost identical to the one above for sale in OKC. Premium pack Automatic. (Same Wheel which I love) They've cut price on it big big time if you want to travel. I had them under 37k before I purchased what I did.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
I don't think this thread is really about the AARP Silver color change... I think it's about Eco vs the GT.
isn't that what it's always about lol

OP I'd just keep it if I were you and clean the ceramic interior every week. It looks great and I was considering it if I went with OW. As for the magnetic, I think just washing it more frequently would suffice. My mom has a gray car and it looks pretty nice after a good was just like black.

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
If you want the GT, get the GT. Tons on this forum think anything other than the GT is inferior and will try to convince you, but honestly its down to you. Is the EB not right for you? Only you can answer that.

Many of us have answered no, and many have also answered yes. I answer in that it doesn't matter, the turbo makes me happy :)

Magnetic is rather close to Silver, yes it will get a little better but I dont think thats your real question. If it is, then find a good used turn in on a silver ecoboost from someone else who decided they wanted the GT instead of the EB. You can probably come out real close doing that.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Get the GT and live happy IMO. But as stated above don't go in there telling them what you owe because guaranteed they will give you 17k... Get it appraised before you start talking numbers if you can.
Sponsored