Reaction score
Website
lastreetcars.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP - Procharged and Built
Hi all! It's great to be here!

I've been building and driving American Muscle for more than 30 years! I've also spent time with Euro and Japanese Muscle builds, but my heart is all about American Muscle..and especially Mustangs!

My car, known as the "Runnin' Pony" is a 2015 GT PP in Deep Impact Blue.

Many of your know me and the car from the last 2 1/2 years of posts and instagram and local shows, Shift Sector and other events. My build started 6 months before the car was ordered and received New Year's Eve of 2015! The first mods appeared on the car less than 3 hours after taking delivery.

One of the things I do with my shop and personal builds is test, test, and test. I install most of the mods available out there to learn how they work, how they perform, and how they sound...and what the best of the best are.

It's expensive...but there is a great reason for this. I consult just about every customer on their cars and what they expect to get out of them. Not having hands on knowledge and experience with as many solutions as possible, does not allow me to truly give feedback to my customers based on what they want and expect from their cars.

As an example, I've installed 4 shifters on the car...so I know how they all install, work, etc. I know how they feel, how they sound, and how effective they are. When a customer asks about getting a shifter, I ask many questions about how the car will be driven, where, how often, etc. This way, I can discuss the pros and cons about each solution so you, the customer, can make an educated decision about what to buy and why.

I have done the same with suspension parts, exhaust systems, forced induction solutions, tires, body parts, etc.

I hope this valuable information and experience will find its way to you at some point. Please feel free to ask questions...that's the best way to learn and make decisions. To me, I don't care what my favorites are or what level of pricing I get...that is not how decisions are made. Decisions are made for the best solution for your specific needs, desires, and budget...I like to long term plan so you don't waste money doing something more than 1 time.

An example would be exhaust systems. Many of us end buying 2-3 systems before we finally settle on one. That gets expensive. The right solution must take into account for any future and existing modifications on the car...such as headers, intake, forced induction, and how the car will be driven and where.

Many of us make decisions by what other people say they like on their cars. For example, threads get posted like "Which is better - Whipple or Procharger?" Everyone should answer this question with what they actually installed on their car...if they don't, they look stupid honestly, as they would have bought something else if it was better. I've never seen a Whipple buyer say a Procharger is better...because then why wouldn't they have bought the Procharger...right?

You can learn a lot from threads like that, but realistically your decision on what solution is chosen is based on your criteria for the need and want, not someone else's. Your choice should be made because of your specific needs and desires.

Anyway, I hope this helps you understand a bit about how I approach solutions and I hope I can help you all make educated decisions on your mods!

To see more of what we do, please check out our website HERE and visit our Facebook and Instagram pages! Just look for "lastreetcars" and you'll find both.

I'll post some pictures and add to this post a little later too!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red Shelby GT350
Car looks great! Hope I can find a shop in my area with the same business philosophy. Best of luck!

1raceredS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ashley
Vehicle(s)
2017 race red PP GT Manual
Good to have you land here Rick. Thanks for all the help and advice. Beast of a car, one of the best cars I have the pleasure to see and hear in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.