Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious, was this the rear or front? If you have a manual and it’s in the rear, I wonder if it’s from the parking brake being engaged with the rotors heated after a drive?

OP
OP

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Just curious, was this the rear or front? If you have a manual and it’s in the rear, I wonder if it’s from the parking brake being engaged with the rotors heated after a drive?
Automatic. Driver's side rear rotor.

OP
OP

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Question for you guys!

If FORD refuses to change the rear rotor because they say it is cosmetic, can anyone recommend a stronger rear rotor I can use?
My rear rotors on my last 2020 mustang got marked up too. Why do the rears get marked up, but not the fronts?
Thanks!

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If it is indeed pad print they are fine. You could try different brand or compound pads.

OP
OP

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
If it is indeed pad print they are fine. You could try different brand or compound pads.
Are your rear rotors clear and smooth? On my last 2020 Mustang GT, the rear rotors had several circular lines from the pads. I'd like to get a rear rotor that does not get marked up.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The markings are from the pad material. You could try the Z26 pads. They don't stop as well but don't dust or mark rotors.

Try driving your car and while going 15 MPH or so pull the E brake. If the marks go away you have your answer and fix.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
IF they are pad marks they will come and go on a street driven car.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Question for you guys!

If FORD refuses to change the rear rotor because they say it is cosmetic, can anyone recommend a stronger rear rotor I can use?
My rear rotors on my last 2020 mustang got marked up too. Why do the rears get marked up, but not the fronts?
Thanks!
if ford says there is no problem drive it like you stole it and talk to a lawyer if it causes some serious problem, like a wreck or whatever.

don't overthink it. we are dudes on the internet and most people on this forum don't know shit about turning wrenches.

Sponsored
OP
OP

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
if ford says there is no problem drive it like you stole it and talk to a lawyer if it causes some serious problem, like a wreck or whatever.

don't overthink it. we are dudes on the internet and most people on this forum don't know shit about turning wrenches.
I'll find out this Monday. I will post what the outcome is.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Parking brake uses the inside of the rotor from the rear. Separate set of shoes I think.

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mercedes C280
Parking brake uses the inside of the rotor from the rear. Separate set of shoes I think.
No...there are no "separate set of shoes" used for our parking brakes, nor is it inside the rotor. There's a metal cable that connects on the back of the caliper. It pulls this mechanism which engages the caliper piston to squeeze the brakes.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
No...there are no "separate set of shoes" used for our parking brakes, nor is it inside the rotor. There's a metal cable that connects on the back of the caliper. It pulls this mechanism which engages the caliper piston to squeeze the brakes.
This :like:

Only Shelby’s have a divorced calliper / separate pads :like:

WD :like: