A few questions from a new convertible owner

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible | Guard | Manual
Sorry if these are repeat questions, did some searches first, I promise...

1. My front license plate bracket was not installed by the dealer. I live in CA and want to install it when my plates arrive. It looks like there are dimples in the bumper, assume they are for screws, although I didn't find any with the bracket. Is there a way to install without screws (like using adhesive of some kind) or should I get screws from the dealer?

2. I found a thread stating the interior alarm sensors are not operational with the convertible top down but couldn't confirm this in the owner's manual. Any convertible owners tested this yet?

3. Center console locks when the door locks, but not the glove box right? You need the key blade for that? Again, most important when the top is down.

Cheers,
Peter

PS Finally got some sun peaking through the clouds yesterday, setting the guard color off nicely...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
1. My front license plate bracket was in the trunk with a small bag of black screws. I think they were 8 screws. You should ask your dealer about them.

2. No idea. fastback here.

3. I think you're right. Do you have the Enhanced Security Package?

assclown

Warchief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
Sorry if these are repeat questions, did some searches first, I promise...

1. My front license plate bracket was not installed by the dealer. I live in CA and want to install it when my plates arrive. It looks like there are dimples in the bumper, assume they are for screws, although I didn't find any with the bracket. Is there a way to install without screws (like using adhesive of some kind) or should I get screws from the dealer?

2. I found a thread stating the interior alarm sensors are not operational with the convertible top down but couldn't confirm this in the owner's manual. Any convertible owners tested this yet?

3. Center console locks when the door locks, but not the glove box right? You need the key blade for that? Again, most important when the top is down.

Cheers,
Peter
To answer your questions:

[1] I would go with the STO N SHO mount that does not interfere with your bumper. If you opt for the standard bracket, your dealer should be able to give you those screws that hold the bracket to the car. You can try tape but you'd probably be the first.

[2] Can you test this on yours? I'm pretty sure mine are operational with the top down and I reach in.

[3] The glove box as far as I know needs the key to lock (separately from the doors and central console)

OP
OP
peetucket

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
[2] Can you test this on yours? I'm pretty sure mine are operational with the top down and I reach in.

Yeah, I'll test at some point - though I'm trying to avoid annoying the neighbors with an alarm blast.

OP
OP
peetucket

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Locked the car with the top down and was not able to set off the alarm by waving my arms around inside the vehicle .... so it seems the sensors are disabled when the top is down.

Sponsored

Holf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Euro-spec Ecoboost Convertible
Did you have the key with you? Might be worth trying the same thing but with the key out of range...

OP
OP
peetucket

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Good idea. Tried with the key 15 feet from the car. Still no alarm with the top down and arms waving inside.
Sponsored