Sponsored

A Detailing Business?

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Hello Everyone,

I just have a few questions for the s550 owners of America.

Do any of you own a business in the detailing world?

Do any of you who normally clean your own vehicles ever pay to have your vehicles professionally cleaned/detailed? (not a $30 car wash).

Long story short is that I've always liked keeping my vehicles looking great, but since purchasing my 15 Mustang I've learned a LOT about detailing and i really enjoy doing it. That said I've been considering starting a business based around it. It would primarily be a paid hobby (at least at first) because at 24 years old i dont think i can afford to invest heavily into it just yet. I'll still maintain my regular full time job unless it really picked up.

I have a business model set up and sort of plan as to how i would grow but still its pretty daunting.

Opinions?
Sponsored

Silver_Bullet_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rashad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
right now, i work as a detailer for a ford a dodge dealership and do some side work on the weekends.

i too am looking to start my own business as well

Doug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Check out reddit.com/r/autodetailing. I detail as a hobby but there's good info for all levels and there are often posts with advice to people getting started. Like this one.

TheRagCompany posted in that post some of their DeTalks videos which focus on topics for detailing businesses.

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Check out reddit.com/r/autodetailing. I detail as a hobby but there's good info for all levels and there are often posts with advice to people getting started. Like this one.

TheRagCompany posted in that post some of their DeTalks videos which focus on topics for detailing businesses.
This is great

Thanks everyone. I really am looking forward to doing this at least for a side gig

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I hope you are prepared to invest about $2500 up front in tools and materials, and that you have an insurance policy that will cover any potential damage to customer's vehicles (around $250/mo to start).

Obviously there is a ton more to it than that, but if you aren't at least there then you should consider how you will get to those very basic steps before proceeding. I'm happy to help with product, tool, and business recommendations.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
I hope you are prepared to invest about $2500 up front in tools and materials, and that you have an insurance policy that will cover any potential damage to customer's vehicles (around $250/mo to start).

Obviously there is a ton more to it than that, but if you aren't at least there then you should consider how you will get to those very basic steps before proceeding. I'm happy to help with product, tool, and business recommendations.
I'll probably end up messaging you.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow 5.0
I'm 22 and started my own Detailing business about a year ago it's pretty slow at first but if you do quality work your name will get out! Also made a Facebook page and sometimes run a paid advertisement for like 10 bucks a week to get more exposure. Have now grown to doing everything from a full blown paint correction to ceramic coatings. Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
I'm 22 and started my own Detailing business about a year ago it's pretty slow at first but if you do quality work your name will get out! Also made a Facebook page and sometimes run a paid advertisement for like 10 bucks a week to get more exposure. Have now grown to doing everything from a full blown paint correction to ceramic coatings. Feel free to message me if you have any questions!
awesome. hows it going for you in just a year? what kinda demographic are you working with?

Visit http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ MASSIVE forum full of all the info you could ever need.
awesome thanks.

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Competition Orange
Vehicle Showcase
Not a pro put I like to pretend I am! I detail as a hobby and a way to make a little a cash to support my mods.
Like posted above, the Autogeek forum is a wealth of information.
I use mostly Griots and Adams products although I am game to try most brands.
Just started using McKees rinse-less wash and it is amazing. Used it on my car for the first time Sunday. Used 4 gallons of water for two cars! Even works good on wheels and tires.
20170215_105157 (1).jpg
20170212_152628 (1).jpg
Sponsored