Sponsored

A detailed look at the bottom-side undercarriage of the 2020 GT500 (video)

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
Just wanted to let everyone know I now have an electronic copy of the workshop manual and on first glance, it is fantastic! Yes, the GT500 is listed as well as the other models. It is a worthy “get” if you do any work on your cars yourself.

For @RaceRed5.0:

68-D2-AF59-5-D70-4-ED8-80-BB-1-FFA4-F7680-DD.jpg
Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Thank you sir... kind words!
NP man you're living the dream, I only wish one day I can have something similar to that. Probably with some Corvettes and Challengers/Chargers too.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
WOW WOW WOW WOW.. I could less about your GT500.. But all your Cobra's.. Holy shiT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

You adopting? lol.. Next time I'm visiting my Grandma in Dallas. I need to stop by. haha

But great vid.

This is very interesting. Look at those short SOLID look to be aluminum vertical links..:clap::clap:
GT500-vertical-link.jpg

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Tim, what camera are you using?

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Tim, what camera are you using?
Filmed the whole thing (pics and videos) on my old iPhone X, which is starting to have video issues (jittery filming). I then transferred it all to my iPad and used iMovie to piece it all together.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Pretty impressive, Tim. I'm moderately familiar with GoPro's and also have a DJI OSMO Pocket which I love. But crunching even 1080 video on any iOS device, astounds me considering the horsepower I had to put into my Windows box just to have smooth 4k editing.

Well done and I like your thumbnails, they're more important than most new creators realize, at least for awhile. :-)

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Pretty impressive, Tim. I'm moderately familiar with GoPro's and also have a DJI OSMO Pocket which I love. But crunching even 1080 video on any iOS device, astounds me considering the horsepower I had to put into my Windows box just to have smooth 4k editing.

Well done and I like your thumbnails, they're more important than most new creators realize, at least for awhile. :-)
Thanks KB!

I may end up buying a Mac simply to have a full version of iMovie. I’ve been a PC guy, but I have the iMovie app on my iPad and like the ease of it. I could use some more features though.

On a side note, I took the 2020 out to a car show today. I showed the car last weekend for the 1st time since getting it in Dec. It was fun showing it again today. Most people there hadn’t seen one yet. Plus I got to play some on the freeway. Ford sure hit a home run with this beast!

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
In this video, I use my BendPak XPR-10AXLS to raise my 2020 for the 1st time. We then get a detailed look at the components, part numbers, bar codes and paint markings!

Not even a GT500 owner, but enjoyed every minute of this video, as someone who appreciates suspension walk-arounds, under-body views and general underside "stuff" (there's never enough out there, especially for this S550 platform)

Thanks for sharing!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks KB!

I may end up buying a Mac simply to have a full version of iMovie. I’ve been a PC guy, but I have the iMovie app on my iPad and like the ease of it. I could use some more features though.

On a side note, I took the 2020 out to a car show today. I showed the car last weekend for the 1st time since getting it in Dec. It was fun showing it again today. Most people there hadn’t seen one yet. Plus I got to play some on the freeway. Ford sure hit a home run with this beast!
Once you go Mac buddy..... Seriously, I love my Macs. I have to use Suckdows computers at work, they are horrible now that I converted (10 years ago).

Another great video, thanks.

StangMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Convertible
Didn’t know the paper books were a thing of the past Earl. I like them not only for the information, but also like having them on a book rack in the garage as “memorabilia” for all of my cars. I have the books up through my 2011 GT500... I guess that’s where it will end.
Totally get that you'd like the paper copies, but you (and every other new Stang owner) will have an even more complete record of their car & driving experiences by just thinking "digital." You're already there with your under-carriage video. Just keep up the video documentary throughout the life of your great car, and the next owner -- if there ever is one -- will have more than just a few old photos, workshop books, etc. While're you're at it, do like I did and put an extra TV monitor up in your garage (mine is 50"), so you can enjoy the videos, show them off to family-friends, and also see your shop manuals. That way you can easily zoom-in on all the small details in the diagrams and watch it from several feet away instead of trying to protect your manual from getting covered in grease stains.

And if you still want a paper copy, just take your .pdf file of the manual to your local Staples or Office Depot and have them print it. Those stores can now also bind them so it looks like a regular book.

As for me, I am so done with paper manuals for working on my cars and lawn equipment. I can see everything so much better, and bigger, via my computer on my big screen TV in the garage! And you can also watch your sports events when they are back live...!

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Totally get that you'd like the paper copies, but you (and every other new Stang owner) will have an even more complete record of their car & driving experiences by just thinking "digital." You're already there with your under-carriage video. Just keep up the video documentary throughout the life of your great car, and the next owner -- if there ever is one -- will have more than just a few old photos, workshop books, etc. While're you're at it, do like I did and put an extra TV monitor up in your garage (mine is 50"), so you can enjoy the videos, show them off to family-friends, and also see your shop manuals. That way you can easily zoom-in on all the small details in the diagrams and watch it from several feet away instead of trying to protect your manual from getting covered in grease stains.

And if you still want a paper copy, just take your .pdf file of the manual to your local Staples or Office Depot and have them print it. Those stores can now also bind them so it looks like a regular book.

As for me, I am so done with paper manuals for working on my cars and lawn equipment. I can see everything so much better, and bigger, via my computer on my big screen TV in the garage! And you can also watch your sports events when they are back live...!
Good stuff! Thanks!
Sponsored