marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, since the mats that come with our cars are generic to begin with, what is gained from replacing them before being used up? Do we store them away as a collectible portion of the as built condition? I could see this if they were a Shelby brand or show worthy but not so much. Please explain.
If the mats that came with our 500's were special, I may want to use them but they are just the generic Ford floor mats and they only give you the fronts (not that anyone would be riding in the back of the car anyway). Like anything else, it is something to improve on, like Jamie's recent caliper stud installation. The Ford mats are a single ply nylon thread which crushes easily and of course does not wear as well. The backing is a cheap rubber and does not stand up to constant washing if you are one to clean your mats regularly.

Lloyd's mats (and other high quality floor mats) on their upper end model's (Luxe and Ultramat) are 2 ply nylon thread, much better to resist matting and wears longer. Then they have a multilayer polypropylene mesh backing to keep the threads bound to the denser synthetic rubber final backing. They provide more sound deadening (if that is something you are into) better moisture resistant and have a warranty. The Ultimat has a 5 year warranty while the Luxe has a lifetime warranty. You can get them in many different colors plus you can have the binding in different colors and materials. You can also have them custom embroidered. While this may not be your thing, I enjoy opening the door of my cars or trucks and seeing a good quality set of mat's.

One thing that is important to me is the ease of the way they clean up. I have a white lab and she sheds like all labs do, A LOT. When her white hair happens to get into the carpet of any of my cars from my shoes or clothes (she is not allowed in any vehicle except the bed of my truck) it is the hardest thing to remove. That hair just gets into the carpet and unless I have a power brush on the vacuum it is a pain to clean. The Lloyd's mats don't have this issue. The hair just seems to sit on top, never gets wound in between the threads and vacuums right off without the use of a power brush. I wish the entire carpet in the cars was made this way.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Enjoyable and informative post, Mark..thanks. I'm smiling because OCD is a funny thing. For some folks it's this or that and for others it can something completely different. I like a fairly clean interior but I don't really care about the mats as long as they're clean or reasonably so. :-) The high end mats you described though do sound pretty enticing. :-)

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Mine were blank too and also went with Lloyds front and rear mats with the Shelby logo on the front mats.

IMG_0765GT500.jpg
Mark, did you go with black, or ebony?

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Mark, did you go with black, or ebony?
I got black, Jaime. It is a pretty good match. Maybe a touch darker than OEM carpet but the Ebony is lighter.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I got black, Jaime. It is a pretty good match. Maybe a touch darker than OEM carpet but the Ebony is lighter.
Thanks Mark. I ordered the second row, and trunk mat last night. I almost went with ebony, then I realizes the appliqué around the logo is black, so i figured it would stick out on the ebony.

I am holding off on the fronts because I really want the new cobra design. I will hold off as long as I can, for them to do the right thing, and make an updated GT500 logo.