AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
Thanks Allen,
It looks like only the cigar/power point in the dash is controlled by that relay (#69). I couldn't find a relay associated to the power point in the armrest/center console, only a fuse #54.
Is the one in the center console hot all the time?

Power Distribution Box

2020 GT500 Power Distribution Box.jpg
Earl: That is the PDB, you need to be in the BJB; it is in the Engine Compartment! I'll send you the information to you! What is your E-Mail address:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Sad day today, my favorite cat died. I had opened the hood on the car to look at the fuse box and found out it didn't have the callout under the lid that my 13 had, so I went back into the house to look in the manual. While I was looking through the owners manual, I heard a noise out in the garage, so I got up to look and see what was going on. When I looked, the first thing I saw was the cat standing on the end of my hood, 7ft off the ground. I pulled my gun and shot him, luckily I didn't get any blood on the car. May he rest in piece.

At least that is what I saw in the movie that played out in my mind when I saw him on the tip of my cars hood. Good thing I don't carry a gun, with my luck I would have missed the cat and killed a neighbor. Good news is there are no scratches on the hood and he didn't lose control of his bowels and poop on my new car when I screamed at him.:like:

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
GREAT story, Earl and you DID have me going. Then I realized, guns and California don't go well together. :-)

BUT, my very first thought was, DAMN I hope he didn't put a hole in the car! <smile>

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Earl: That is the PDB, you need to be in the BJB; it is in the Engine Compartment! I'll send you the information to you! What is your E-Mail address:
It looks like the manual may have misnamed the BJB the PDB. They are the same boxes.

PDB

2020 GT500 Power Distribution Box.jpg

BJB

2020 GT500 Battery Junction Box.jpg

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the pictures Allen.
It looks like both power points are controlled by the Latching Power Point Relay that is controlled by the Body Control Module (BCM).
Like you said, it looks like placing a jumper between pins 3 & 5 in power point relay will get the job down.

It will be interesting to see if the BCM can detect the absence of the latching relay and then set off a code resulting in a warning light.

2020 GT500 Battery Junction Box - Jumpered.jpg

Sponsored

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
Thanks for the pictures Allen.
It looks like both power points are controlled by the Latching Power Point Relay that is controlled by the Body Control Module (BCM).
Like you said, it looks like placing a jumper between pins 3 & 5 in power point relay will get the job down.

It will be interesting to see if the BCM can detect the absence of the latching relay and then set off a code resulting in a warning light.

2020 GT500 Battery Junction Box - Jumpered.jpg
Earl:
I have the same concern!!!
Allen

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Earl, I’m confused. Why so much effort? I am being serious, no I’ll intent. Did your trickle charger not come with a hard wire whip? If you make the connections I mentioned you will never have to open the battery cover.

Is your intention to only use a 12v plug type trickle charger?
Just curious.
Jaime

P.S. you had me hook, line, and sinker and I was just about to type my condolences about your cat........ until I read the rest, lol.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Earl, hope you don't mind me posting this here but didn't know where else to and it has a little to do with your thread. I was adding the wiring for the CTEK battery trickle charger and the battery sense device and was annoyed that the lid for the BJB would not stay up because the wiring behind it was in the way. In fact on mine you cannot even open the lid more than about a 45˚ angle before it stops. My OCD kicked in and I rerouted the two cables there, basically just flipped them on the other side of each other and now there is plenty of clearance for the lid to open fully and stay open. Below is how the wires behind the box look now.

IMG_0663GT500.jpg
IMG_0665GT500.jpg

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No, did not move the lid. I rearranged the wiring behind it. There are two large wire bundles. One is the negative cable going to the battery and the other is the plug going to the top side connector at the BJB. I just flopped those to around so they were not tangled with each other giving me more room behind the lid for it to open fully. That is why I sent a photo of the wiring behind the lid so you can do the same.

Yes I installed the CTEK battery sense in the lid of the BJB and also if you notice behind the BJB you will see the connector for the CTEK battery charger when I want to plug it in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
@marklboris
Mark, It looks like I will have to disconnect this plug to allow the battery cable to lay where I need it. How do I disconnect it?

IMG_0663GT500-2.jpg

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did the opposite. I disconnected the negative cable off the battery and rerouted through the other cable.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
I did the opposite. I disconnected the negative cable off the battery and rerouted through the other cable.
I figured it would be easier to disconnect the plug, but I don't have the stones to try it unless I can get good directions, the last thing I want to do is break the clip on the connector. The battery cable is self-explanatory. So the battery cable it will be.

Thanks
Mark.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Earl: How did you do with your Power Point problem? Did you get it to work?

Allen
Allen,
I am so sorry I didn't get back to you about this. I haven't tried it yet, I going to pull the latching relay and then get in the car and see what pops up or doesn't pop up in the display. I figure that if it doesn't alert me to a problem, I should be good with the jumper wire. According to the schematic you sent me, both power ports are controlled by the one relay and both of them should power up with the one jumper (pins 3&5). Even though the one relay supplies the power to both ports, they are separately fused.
When I was rerouting the ground cable from the battery, so I could open the BJB (thanks to Mark) I noticed that one of the cords that came with my CTEK battery charger could easily be attached directly to the battery terminals and would allow me to easily hook up my charger if needed. The cord supplied by CTEK has its own fuse, so that is one less thing to worry about.
I will let you know what happens, hopefully I won't burn up the car and garage.:shock:
Sponsored