A couple of 2019 Gt350R questions?

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR039, Oxford White, Kona matt stripe
I have a 2019 Gt350 R KR039. I already have 2,500 miles on it , no oil consumption and a great driving car.
1. I noticed that the inside rims on the front wheels are finished different from the rears. The rears have a smooth glossy finish where as the fronts have a rough almost unfinished feel and look. I spoke to a friend at an upscale body shop and he said he has noticed this also on a couple of other GT350R's that he has seen with the same wheels. Why is this? Is this by design or just bad quality control?
2. My car is Oxford White with the matt Kona Blue (with red gloss accent) over the top stripe. The matt finish looks great and is very different from past stripe used on the Gt350. I was looking to put a clear firm on the front of the car and have now realized many of the new formulation firms have a gloss finish which would change the whole look of the front section with the matt stripes. The shop I have used in the past only uses a product called Stek DYNOshield and its has a high gloss finish. Any suggestions? I don't want to loose the great matt stripe look and I am not interested in removing the factory stripe , purchasing another one and putting it on top of the clear film?
Sponsored

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
I think if you just search for R wheels, that will come up. It's thermal coating because of the brakes getting so hot.
As far as the film, there's a "ghost ppf" that keeps the matte look, matte. Good luck.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
as @BoostinFD mentioned, 1) the white stuff on the inner barrel is the thermal coating for the front wheels to keep them from the extreme heat of tracking your car. 2) for matte stripes, you would use xpel "stealth" (not their normal "ultimate") and it would mostly preserve that contrast look. not sure if Stek has a similar film for matte.

OP
OP
rick shea

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR039, Oxford White, Kona matt stripe
good input and recommendations. I will explore the alternative clear film options and thanks for the wheel explanation. makes sense.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Your wheel question answer is in your manual. See attached file.

Attachments

Sponsored