Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I agree about the front end in my 19 gt. That’s why I put the gt500 bumper on from Vicrez. It fits better than stock. If you look on eBay there’s probably 20 gt350s under $60k and several $50k or less. All with very few miles. I’m considering a couple of these.
Just did a quick search on cars.com and there are LOTS of 2018 GT350s with around 15k miles on them going for $51K, but it ain't new.
The only reason I'm probably going to go with a Mach1 is that its the closest thing equipment wise to a GT350 available with an automatic. It has the oil coolers, better looking nose, 12 inch electronic dash, magnaride, adjustable exhaust, bigger tires & wheels, etc. everything I want and need but DHG paint!
If I could have gotten a Bullitt with the A10 trans. I'd be driving it instead of typing right now.
My next Pony has to be wife drive-able and she has no interest in learning to row gears.
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Just did a quick search on cars.com and there are LOTS of 2018 GT350s with around 15k miles on them going for $51K, but it ain't new.
The only reason I'm probably going to go with a Mach1 is that its the closest thing equipment wise to a GT350 available with an automatic. It has the oil coolers, better looking nose, 12 inch electronic dash, magnaride, adjustable exhaust, bigger tires & wheels, etc. everything I want and need but DHG paint!
If I could have gotten a Bullitt with the A10 trans. I'd be driving it instead of typing right now.
My next Pony has to be wife drive-able and she has no interest in learning to row gears.
Too funny!
You just described my thought process and situation to a T
All the way down to the wife reason to go auto

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just can’t wait for this thing to come out and run a faster lap than the GT350 so all these idiots can shut up about it already lmao

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Just can’t believe this is going to be $50k+. Would whole lot rather have a GT350 with about 10k miles for less money!!
Yep for the price I can’t justify only getting 20 extra ponies and some aero over MY20 GT but if cash was unlimited I’d get me one since we don’t get 350 or 500’s in Australia

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Yep for the price I can’t justify only getting 20 extra ponies and some aero over MY20 GT but if cash was unlimited I’d get me one since we don’t get 350 or 500’s in Australia
No GT350 in Spain/Europe either unfortunately, but I think I'd pony up the extra 20% for a mach1 if I was ordering now rather than one and a half year ago, or maybe closer to extra 15% in my case since I ordered my GT with magneride. Not for the extra 20hp, but for all the extra cooling and track focus. I'm also guessing there's a reason Ford uses the Tremec gearbox in the mach1 instead of the Getrag as on the Mustang GT and Ecoboost.

Now I'm most curious how much of the for-track stuff on the mach1 will fit a 2020 Mustang GT.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Phil_AVF

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
If I could get a GT350 new in the UK with a full Ford warranty to cover that fragile engine and the steering wheel on the right side, I would have considered one. But, we don't get them over here and the Mach 1 is going to be the next best thing but with a more reliable engine, so I have ordered one.

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
I bought my 2003 Mach 1 for a lot of the same reasons. I wanted the 32V and an auto. I truly miss that car.

Modified.Mustang.April.2007.Page.4.jpg

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
I was all set, mentally, to trade my '15 6sp PP GT for a GT350 last Sep, but when I revealed my intent, I was shot down with, "but I want to also drive a Mustang, an automatic."

Long story short, I got a Rapid Red Magneride 10A. She drove it once, and said she loved it. She's demurred from driving it since.

I have found joy in playing with the paddles to keep it in the zones where the Borla Switchfire alternately screams, or deliciously pops on the overrun. Ten gears are better than six, in that regard.

And I rationalize my choice with the knowledge that the current manual transmission's gearing is taller than my '15 had. And breaking shift forks. I play those in a loop every night. As Jeff Goldblum's character in "The Big Chill" said, "I don't know anyone who could get through the day without two or three juicy rationalizations. They're more important than sex."

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I was all set, mentally, to trade my '15 6sp PP GT for a GT350 last Sep, but when I revealed my intent, I was shot down with, "but I want to also drive a Mustang, an automatic."

Long story short, I got a Rapid Red Magneride 10A. She drove it once, and said she loved it. She's demurred from driving it since.

I have found joy in playing with the paddles to keep it in the zones where the Borla Switchfire alternately screams, or deliciously pops on the overrun. Ten gears are better than six, in that regard.

And I rationalize my choice with the knowledge that the current manual transmission's gearing is taller than my '15 had. And breaking shift forks. I play those in a loop every night. As Jeff Goldblum's character in "The Big Chill" said, "I don't know anyone who could get through the day without two or three juicy rationalizations. They're more important than sex."
Had a '16 GT auto which my wife liked to drive. She wasn't too excited when I told her I would get a manual this time but I assured her it is not that hard to drive and that I will teach her in spring. She sad "ok, I'll try". Love her!

tofo17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 #M3560, FJG, 10R80
Yeah it would be hard to rationalise if you already had a MY20 GT but there is a bit more to it than 20 ponies and some aero. Think of the Mach 1 as a Bullitt with some GT350 and GT500 bits and pieces!

Those 20 extra hp come from having the GT350 manifold, throttle body and engine oil cooler (same as Bullitt but I've also read it isn't exactly the same as the Bullitt?).
Aside from the aero it also has:
Tremec 3160 if manual, upgraded torque converter and trans tune if 10R80 (and both get improved cooling)
Different EPAS tuning and a stiffer steering I-shaft
Different MagneRide tuning
GT500 lower diffuser, rear toe link and axle cooling
stiffer sway bars and front springs
brake booster from the PP2

So sounds good on paper and will be very interested to see how it all comes together in the real world once we see some reviews from owners and the media!

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it would be hard to rationalise if you already had a MY20 GT but there is a bit more to it than 20 ponies and some aero. Think of the Mach 1 as a Bullitt with some GT350 and GT500 bits and pieces!

Those 20 extra hp come from having the GT350 manifold, throttle body and engine oil cooler (same as Bullitt but I've also read it isn't exactly the same as the Bullitt?).
Aside from the aero it also has:
Tremec 3160 if manual, upgraded torque converter and trans tune if 10R80 (and both get improved cooling)
Different EPAS tuning and a stiffer steering I-shaft
Different MagneRide tuning
GT500 lower diffuser, rear toe link and axle cooling
stiffer sway bars and front springs
brake booster from the PP2

So sounds good on paper and will be very interested to see how it all comes together in the real world once we see some reviews from owners and the media!
Interested to know where you read that it's not the same as bullitt engine??

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Too funny!
You just described my thought process and situation to a T
All the way down to the wife reason to go auto
You want DHG too? I'm hoping to paint a Mach at some point and have my perfect car...until they do something really cool with the S650. :D

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
You want DHG too? I'm hoping to paint a Mach at some point and have my perfect car...until they do something really cool with the S650. :D
sorry, thats the only part I didn't agree... ha
everything else to the T
I've been trying to figure out what DHG is? lol
I orderd mine Black to match our Black trailhawk... black car wash nightmare garage!