Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Engine that often breaks and bit better brakes that are not really needed? Ok. Are you comparing same equipment with that price? It's 60.5k MSRP for Mach 1 Premium with HP and Recaros (without possible discount at good dealer). GT350 I saw online start at 65k and they're leftovers, not produced anymore. I'd say it's more like 5-8k difference still.

Go buy it if that's what you want. Plenty people will be more comfortable with Mach 1 than with GT350. In Europe GT350 was never even sold so I thank god for this opportunity (we didn't even have PP2 which in a sense we have now in form of Mach 1).
LOL put down the koolaid and the key board......
Sponsored

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
You havnt tried lining up against a 10R80 car from a dig have you LOL!!

Most importantly people fail to see is the GT350 engine is worth the price of admission period.

Those that dont think so likely havnt drove one.

Hell personally Id rather have a boosted GT350 over a GT500 or any other S550 based combo you can dream up.

Voodoo rpm and turbos.............

Anything else doesnt quite cut it.
guys relax. a 4 door sedan (tesla plaid) will do 0-60 in less than 2 sec so........

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
"This will upset some of you but I think a MACH 1 HP will out run a GT 350 (Not an R) on almost any road course."
Didn't bother reading the responses, but this ship has already sailed. C&D (January 2020 issue & I think it's also posted on the Steeda site) did a PP2 v. GT350 test & the PP2 took two (2) of the three (3) categories. The PP2 won out on braking & cornering. The GT350 had better OA lap times (just under 2 seconds) due to the 66 additional hp (526 v. 460). A PP2 v. Mach 1 test would be interesting. The base Mach 1 is a bit chunkier (more lbs) & less rubber on the tarmac (less braking) than the PP2. Handling would be interesting due to the transfer of GT350 technology to the Mach 1. Things might change a bit when the Track Pack become available (I just checked the Ford site & did not see it listed). The biggest plus for the Mach 1 is the coolers. Everything else on the Mach 1 can be installed on a PP2 for a lot less $$$. However, the bottom line here is the PP2 is no mas & the Mach 1 w/the Track Pack is an excellent choice (from an engineering standpoint) to fill the gap between the GT & GT500. :like:

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
The biggest plus for the Mach 1 is the coolers. Everything else on the Mach 1 can be installed on a PP2 for a lot less $$$.
Since you've figured out cost of a Tremec swap, let us know how much it would be (and why so cheap). Very interested.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
"Since you've figured out cost of a Tremec swap, let us know how much it would be (& why so cheap). Very interested."
Oops ... busted ... my bad. :facepalm: I never even thought about that (obviously). There is no doubt the Tremec is a stronger box ... & it has slightly better ratios (5+1 v. 6+2). However, w/that said, if the only difference in two (2) Mustangs (for a 1/4 mile run &/or a few hot laps around a road course) was the transmission (Tremec or Getrag), I wouldn't sweat losing the coin toss.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oops ... busted ... my bad. :facepalm: I never even thought about that (obviously). There is no doubt the Tremec is a stronger box ... & it has slightly better ratios (5+1 v. 6+2). However, w/that said, if the only difference in two (2) Mustangs (for a 1/4 mile run &/or a few hot laps around a road course) was the transmission (Tremec or Getrag), I wouldn't sweat losing the coin toss.
it is not disclosed but the mapping for magneride/ESC/ABS/TC can be different as well between M1 and PP2. There is a difference between M1 HP and none HP. This would be very difficult to get the same on let's say a PP2 if there are any differences

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Most importantly people fail to see is the GT350 engine is worth the price of admission period.

Those that dont think so likely havnt drove one.

Hell personally Id rather have a boosted GT350 over a GT500 or any other S550 based combo you can dream up.

Voodoo rpm and turbos.............

Anything else doesnt quite cut it.
Iā€™ve driven both and could have bought either one but preferred the Mach. Personally I donā€™t care for driving at higher RPMā€™s and prefer the sound of the Mach over the GT350, as well as the feel of the clutch. I donā€™t mind if the Mach HP turns out to be slower around a track because Iā€™ll probably never take it to a track (been there done that, those days are over for me).

Like anything else, itā€™s interesting how things appeal to people differently.