Sponsored

A/C 2017 not matching desired temp - No evap issue so far

gerard_et

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Hi guys,

I have a very strange problem in my Mustang GT 2017. A/C works fine in terms of getting cold enough, but it doesn't match any configured temp.
For example, it is 75 outside and I set DUAL AUTO to 68. Drivers vents (left&middle) blow cold air but passenger side(right) blows hot air. If I lower the passenger side to 60 while keeping 68 the driver's one then the right vent blows cold air, colder than I'd like to be honest.
So.. I cannot get passenger side ok temperature and drivers left vent some time did something similar but it got reseted somehow while driving and changing the outside temperature through my way home.
Also sometimes I felt that outside smells were intense inside like if I was in a convertible (which is not)

I took my car to the dealer, one week there, they refilled a/c gas but it was almost full and they weren't able to find anything else. Evaporator seems ok and not sure which other checks they did but it was useless, nothing has changed.

I restarted MTF, reseted a/c outside temperature and other things that I have already read in your amazing forum with no avail.
Before sending the car again to the dealer I want to have a better idea to tell them what they can look in order to fix the issue..
Any clues?

thanks in advance
Sponsored

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
It might be a blend door issue. Check out this video:

OP
OP

gerard_et

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
It is in the dealer since Monday, no blend door issue at the moment and they are still trying to figure out whats going on there

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If air blows cold, it has to be the blend door or the HVAC control dash unit, no? Or is there a module too? If yes, then one of those 3 things. How to tell which one no idea. Please keep us posted, and good luck.
Sponsored