Sponsored

A bit disappointed with my 17 GT PP

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Done properly, which means the way Ford describes it on page 13 of the manual, a PP1 needs nothing to do just fine on a road course. Ford says 15 minute sessions in there (15-17 model years), but the warm up and cool down laps should be leisurely so I figure 20 minute sessions on a 2 minute/lap track are fine.

The first time I ran my '16 PP1 on a road course it was bone stock except for better wheels and tires and it was completely fine in all respects, driven mostly at 85-90% of max with the odd 100% lap thrown in. I was very impressed with how well it did when driving it within the limits of the platform ie don't banzai it into corners balls out, etc.

I wish it had trans/diff coolers now as I am altering it more for track use but the lack of them isn't a serious handicap for 20 minute sessions in spring and fall. I don't track it in July/Aug, it's just too damn hot for the driver, and probably the car too.
Sponsored

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
We've heard of this happening a few other times from customers who tracked their GTs. The wider exhaust tubing on aftermarket catbacks may contribute to slightly higher diff temps, but this would probably be an issue regardless of the exhaust.

It seems that a good double layer of heat wrap around the rear tube section and some quality gear oil (Red Line, Amsoil, etc.) will make a big difference. :thumbsup: