Sponsored

93 OCTANE TUNE ADDS 50WHP!

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Still quoting old quotes to try to justify your ignorant position I see. You sir are no master-debater. Enjoy living the lie, I'm out.
Lol 3 pages of you being a douche bag about 87 verse 93. I can search you and all you do is cry about 87 and why you use it. Get a life man. Yeah I assumed your gender. Prob live in moms basement too?

Enjoy your 87 gas to save money. Do your thing.
Id love to see you put a tuner on your car and data log the knock and spark advance values with 87. But I know you won’t since your more concerned with saving money and taking about s197 and it’s 10 horse power. Thanks for making me laugh.
Sponsored

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Filled up with E85 for the first time yesterday.

$2.10/gallon vs $3.30 for 93.

That's a 36% savings!

Using the "30% more fuel and 30% less MPG" rule of thumb, that is a 6% net savings with all the gainzzzzz.

Who is 87 octane? I dont know her..

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
That's why you should run our flex fuel tune and on same tune you can run 93 or E85. That is still right around 2 bucks a gallon. But you should be running the highest premium you can for these 5.0 coyote engines. I have a 16 5.0 mustang and love our flex fuel tune no issues. Also if you don't have 93 in your area we also have a 91 flex fuel as well. Thanks guys and have fun with the stangs

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
So without reading the several pages of garbage, why was there even an argument about 87 vs 93 octane when a tune wasn't considered? This thread was about tuning.

Ask any tuner.... 93 octane matters when it comes to timing. No one cares about 87 vs 93 on a stock tune. People care about what 93 octane does WHILE tuned. I hear from friends how jealous they are of me having 93 octane versus their 91 out west. The timing difference is there even with that small difference.

If you're tuning on 87 octane, something is wrong with you.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Sounds like a good choice LOL

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Fake news. But.... I would like to know what gas should be used in a Silverado.
I'm currently using nothing but the best, only PBR for this truck.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm currently using nothing but the best, only PBR for this truck.
You'll get more power and MPG with MGD but I may be biased since my wife worked 40 years for a distributor. :wink:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Filled up with E85 for the first time yesterday.

$2.10/gallon vs $3.30 for 93.

That's a 36% savings!

Using the "30% more fuel and 30% less MPG" rule of thumb, that is a 6% net savings with all the gainzzzzz.

Who is 87 octane? I dont know her..
Quoting myself for an update on the mathzz.

$2.10/gallon vs $3.30 for 93 - 36% savings.

My mpg dropped from 14 to 12, same routes, driving style, etc. This equates to a 15% drop in MPG.

So while being 36% cheaper, you do lose 15% mpg. Still a good deal in my book.

Sponsored

DPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Have read the first couple pages and last couple pages of this thread; not sure what happened, but since I've had a Livernois tune on my otherwise essentially stock (Borla S-Type, FRPP catch can and K&N Filter) 2015 GT PP for several months, I thought I'd chime in.

For those octane obsessed, I live in 91 octane country and thus have a 91 octane tune. I always have put 91 octane in the car and obviously will continue to. I have no idea how much power has increased (nor do I care), but the claimed roughly 40hp for 91 octane certainly feels reasonable. The car is notably more potent, especially at the top end, and pulls like mad into the red. They told me the rev limit was set at 7200rpm; I said I'd like it higher (for when you get those odd corners on tracks where you'd like a little more headroom before you have to shift), they said try this and see what you think. They were right. It feels like a generous 7200rpm as the limiter seems higher than that, but whatever. It flies up there, and no reason to go higher for my usage. As a nice plus you can shift right at '3 o'clock' on the gauges; easy to perceive without looking very hard. Of course the gauges lighting up all red helps too.

In addition to more power, the throttle hang and general 'managed' feeling of the motor is mostly gone. Still a little bit there, as they told me it would be, but responses are more direct and transitions are much sharper. This was actually most of the reason I got a tune, just to get the responses sharper and more right for lack of a better term.

I've had it from near sea level up to almost 12000 feet in elevation, and driving it hard up there, and no issues. Got some odd throttle hang at low rpms a couple times at really high altitude when driving gently, but didn't cause any problems.

I've had it on track running 20 minute sessions, and no issues. And the extra rev limit came in handy.

It's been run in below freezing temps up to 100 degrees, and no issues. It can be a little surge-y on cold starts on cold days, but it was like that before the tune too. Once warmed up, it settles down.

So what I'm saying is that, in my application on a mostly stock-motor car, this is a great product. I cannot say it delivers the advertised gains, as I don't have any data to back that up. I can say the car is definitely faster (I have, ahem, compared it before and after to other cars my friends own, and the gaps increased), the drivability of the motor is better, fuel mileage seems to be unchanged, and there is no apparent downside in any situation that I can discern. If you just want the engine to feel 'right' and want a set-it-and-forget-it kind of tune, this is a good way to go.

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Hey I really appreciate the review DPE. I am so glad to hear the enjoyment you are getting out of your car. I know I love our tune on my 16 gt. My car is pretty much stock as well but we can do extreme builds on them as well and keep great drivability and power. Thanks guys if you need anything call us at 313-561-5500 ext 126

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Hey Livernois, how about an E85 tune for the 2018 Coyote? That seems to be what it takes to really make a difference on the new models.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I was hoping Livernois would respond to my question about an E85 tune for the 2018s. I guess they have no intention of creating one since they chose not to respond. I was pretty happy with their flex fuel tune on my 2016. I was really hoping they might develop a true E85 tune for my 2018. It seems that it takes E85 to really wake up the 2018+ Coyotes.
Sponsored