Sponsored

91 Octane tune

JDINOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Galant VR4
93 octane gas is nearly nonexistent in OKC, and where you can find it they want more than what it is worth. I have tried searching the threads for 91 tunes and could not find anything specific. I have tried looking at several vendors sites and did not really see any information. What results can be had with a tune on 91 octane on a GTPP with a manual transmission?
Sponsored

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
93 octane gas is nearly nonexistent in OKC, and where you can find it they want more than what it is worth. I have tried searching the threads for 91 tunes and could not find anything specific. I have tried looking at several vendors sites and did not really see any information. What results can be had with a tune on 91 octane on a GTPP with a manual transmission?
Livernois and VMP both have tunes for 91 Oct. Mustang 5.0L GT/PP manuals

spoole96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
BAMA Performance has a 91 octane tune with the SCT X4. Not quite as powerful as the the 93 octane tune. But still a good tune.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the cars have built in wide bands, you can set the tune to add or remove octane based on your fuel quality, you really only need one tune

our car regularly sees an added 5-6 degrees with the 93 around here

OP
OP

JDINOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Galant VR4
the cars have built in wide bands, you can set the tune to add or remove octane based on your fuel quality, you really only need one tune

our car regularly sees an added 5-6 degrees with the 93 around here
Did you mean to say they can remove timing based on the octane/fuel quality(knock readings)?

The only place I have seen 93 octane in OKC was over $5 a gallon the last time I looked.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Did you mean to say they can remove timing based on the octane/fuel quality(knock readings)?

The only place I have seen 93 octane in OKC was over $5 a gallon the last time I looked.
exactly,

the cars can add or pull based on what you have setup in the tune, we usually set a base with the ability to add x amount with a cap and the ability to remove with no cap

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
exactly,

the cars can add or pull based on what you have setup in the tune, we usually set a base with the ability to add x amount with a cap and the ability to remove with no cap
Please bare with the novices here. Do you mean to say that you sell base tunes with tuners, that if I were to set it at 91 Oct; and than come accross 93 Oct; if I had my tuner with me, I could plug in and change the tune for a tank of 93 and than change it back to 91???

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Please bare with the novices here. Do you mean to say that you sell base tunes with tuners, that if I were to set it at 91 Oct; and than come accross 93 Oct; if I had my tuner with me, I could plug in and change the tune for a tank of 93 and than change it back to 91???
you being in norcal i would just buy a 91 tune. most likely you wont find a 93 pump here. i have access to a 100 pump in sac but that is a 15 mile drive just to go there and fill up, not to mention the price... you can set up multiple tunes with your "tuner" (the person doing the tuning, not your handheld). you can have a 91 performance tune, drag tune, or a 110 race tune, ftw purple race tune, etc...the latters being race gas (higher octane). and yes with your tuner (handheld) you can reflash to whatever octane you have in your tank for optimal performance.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
no, meaning the car will adapt to whatever octane you put in. Example, you put in 87 octane. The car gives you base timing. You throw in 91 and maybe the knock sensors are a little happier and give you 2 or 3 or 4 more degrees of timing. You go to 93. Maybe you get 4 or 5 or 6. Maybe it's crappy 93 and you only get 1 or 2.

The built in wide bands will pick up knock and adjust constantly for you. Now, if your running a different type of fuel where the stoich is quite a bit different, say ms109.

Then we would send a race tune to adjust for that type of fuel

Toowired

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I bought the Livernois tuner and love it.
They send you a 91 and a 93 tune, so you can use either.
When you do upgrades later down the road they also send you new tunes for free.
Unlike the SCT tuner I didn't have to do any firmware updates or wait 3 hours for my SCT to crash and reboot while hooked up to my computer.
Livernois FTW!!!!

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Unlike the SCT tuner I didn't have to do any firmware updates or wait 3 hours for my SCT to crash and reboot while hooked up to my computer.
Livernois FTW!!!!
We are very glad to hear that you love your tuner wired!

Thank you for the shout out and awesome review!

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Livernois FTW!!!!
Really? Because when I go to their web page it only asks which tune would you like, it doesn't offer both, it just says which one would you like, 91 or 93.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Usually if they don't ask what octane they send both 91 and 93 to cover states that don't have 93.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Really? Because when I go to their web page it only asks which tune would you like, it doesn't offer both, it just says which one would you like, 91 or 93.
Whenever you provide us with the required info for us to tune your car, which is outlined in the instructions we send with our tuners we ask you which octane you would like to verify.

Toowired

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
When you order their tuner it is sent without a tune in it.
You receive the tuner and plug it in to the car to get the calibration and software codes, then when you email them your cal code out of the ecu they send you a tune for what you have,
they included a stock, 91, and a 93 tune for the mods I have.
Sponsored